England

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

aarons
Lord Chancellor

Post by aarons »

Caolan wrote:I also cannot abide the hypocrisy of the english commentators, and shearer etc bangng on about how honest english players are, never trying to influence the ref etc - my ar$e, whenever owen or gerrard or whoever dives for a penalty it's quickly forgiven
indeed. didn't this exact thing happen in one of the pre-World Cup friendlies. One of the England players dived and Ian Wright said it was a perfectly reasonable thing to do.

I remember it well because the BBC got hundreds of complaints about it.
jamesie
Lord Chancellor

Post by jamesie »

i remember that... at least they doidn't do the whole surround the ref holding up an imaginary card guff that the other 'latin' countries tend to do :roll:

stu, what you say is true. don't think england or that numpty sven have done too much to warrant our support :roll: i'm more gutted for the country. everyone is just on big downer now :cry:
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

I'm with Aaron on this one, Rooney is a pillock, paid too much, spoilt little child syndrome. He stamped on a tellow players crown jewels and thats what got him sent off. I think the whole Portugese team new that if they wound shrek up enough he would loose it. And he did.

Just thankful that i don't have to listen to the BBC and ITV spend all their highlights programme talking about England training and maybe spend more time on the teams who are playing. England were poor from the first match to the last and if they had meet better opposition sooner they wouldn't have made it as far as they did.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
jamesie
Lord Chancellor

Post by jamesie »

just on the rooney thing, did anyone see him hurling his toys all over the shop after being substituted against sweden? he kicked a bottle and hurled his boots to the ground like a baby (which he his... a big ugly one at that)

gary neville just looked at him and laughed... it was hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol:
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

Rooney's young, and still petulent. He is a wonderfully gifted player, and probably the best around at the m inute. I am also sad that england are out. They may not have deserved to go further though as their previous games were abysmal. Ronaldo did a job on him, and winked at the end - Job well done methinks. he will have to run the gauntlet oif he's still at UTD this coming season.
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
jamesie
Lord Chancellor

Post by jamesie »

fermain wrote:he will have to run the gauntlet oif he's still at UTD this coming season.
not gonna happen :shock:
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

it bloody will, I'm gonna be at the fulham game and I'm gonna give him a peice of my mind when he comes outta the tunnel, the cheating fecker!!!!! :evil:
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
backofthepack

Post by backofthepack »

i know can't wait for our 1st game of the season against rooney and ronaldo or rooney without ronaldo or ronaldo....
goodaine
Chancellor to the King

Post by goodaine »

Have to say I for one was delighted that England were beaten :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: - along with about 3/4 of the Bot yest ..... made my year :duck: :duck:

And what was with the whole crying Beckham thing :roll: :roll: - will go down in history along with Gasgoine's bawling :twisted:

I'm not drunk! I just have speech impediment... [vomits]
and a stomach virus... [falls off bar stool]
and an inner ear infection."
Brian Griffin
jamesie
Lord Chancellor

Post by jamesie »

goodaine wrote:Have to say I for one was delighted that England were beaten :twisted: :twisted: :twisted
why? :roll:
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

Rooney is a vicious, spolit, ugly, nasty, self-righteous arrogant little thug

little b***ard

Very sporting...............what's wrong, did he shag your girlfriend.
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
rugbymunchkin
Initiate
Location: Between South Belfast and Larne... About ballyclare!

Post by rugbymunchkin »

Must say I was gutted... cos with my twisted logic if England had become world champions then technically after our 1-0 victory Norn Iron would be the best team in the world!!! On the other hand in just means another 4 years of 1966 rather than 2006 becoming the buzz year and seeing multiple repeats of the same goal or save or penalty :lol: thank God!
If you train hard, you'll not only be hard, but you'll be hard to beat!!!
http://nazwarner.bebo.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ultimate ulster chick
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ultimate ulster chick »

I always like logic like that munchkin - I do things like that as well! Like the fact Ulster could've won the Heiney this year as we beat Munster twice!! :wink:

Anyway, sorry to those who do lend their support to Engerland, but I don't. Was supporting the opposition in each of their games! Only a few weeks of "We was robbed", "Bye-bye Sven", "Who will replace Beckham as captain?", "Why can we not win on penalties?", "Whose fault is it that we failed to reach the semis?" stories and the occasional mention in the media in the months to follow is so much better than them winning. Can you imagine if they won the World Cup? It would be AWFUL!! Only good thing would be the public holiday that the tabloids would demand Tony Blair announce. And even for a day off work, it's not worth it! :lol:
ding dong2u
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ding dong2u »

The only reason I hate to see them win is because the tabloid press build them up to be something they are not. They are a distictly average international team with a lot of players who look good at Premiership level but can't hack it at international level. The man I pity is McClaren .... I mean who neds that sorta hassle :roll:
Stand Up for the Ulster Men

RIP Nevin Spence 1990 - 2012
Ardglass

Post by Ardglass »

Don't agree that England had average players. The potential was there to win this World Cup if they had been properly managed over the last 4 years.

Instead Carrick - the best holding player got 1 game there prior to the World Cup, Roney was played out of position, The Lampard/Gerrard problem was never resolved and Beckham was kept in the team past his sell by date.

Bottom line is the Manager was useless - not even close to having the tactical understanding required.

I have just gone over to the Fulham website (they play United first) and their fans intend to take banners - 'Go home cheat', 'Get lost you bar steward' etc etc. Ronaldo will be booed every time he touches the ball - I suspect this is typical. The guy is going to have to leave England.

The say thing happened to Tapay (?) of Turkey after an international against them - he never played for Aston Villa again.