Scots to play Fridays only (??)

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Scots to play Fridays only (??)

Post by BR »

http://sport.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=955402006
Andy Irvine wrote: The only non-Friday games for Edinburgh will be in the Heineken (European) Cup because of the broadcasting agreement. All Celtic League games will be on Friday and we are working closely with Setanta. Scottish rugby should be structured so that the pro-teams play on a Friday and Saturdays belong to the clubs.
How come the SRU have been able to get the agreement we could not?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Not sure I like the look of that :? could mean more Saturdays or else less coverage for us :?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

and no saturday trips across the water.
Romeo47 Alpha 52
ultimate ulster chick
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ultimate ulster chick »

Ah- but if we stay over Friday night, you can spend all day Saturday in the shops in Glasgow- sounds ideal to me!! And then you could stay over Saturday night as well...and go shopping again on the Sunday! My idea of the ideal weekend - rugby Friday night, shopping in Glasgow rest of weekend!
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

ultimate ulster chick wrote:Ah- but if we stay over Friday night, you can spend all day Saturday in the shops in Glasgow- sounds ideal to me!! And then you could stay over Saturday night as well...and go shopping again on the Sunday! My idea of the ideal weekend - rugby Friday night, shopping in Glasgow rest of weekend!
Dont even suggest that .......... last year was nuts in Glasgow Sat am.
Romeo47 Alpha 52
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

ultimate ulster chick wrote: .....you can spend all day Saturday in the shops in Glasgow- sounds ideal to me!! And then you could stay over Saturday night as well...and go shopping again on the Sunday!....!
don't see the point of this bit at all :twisted: :wink:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
backofthepack

Post by backofthepack »

glasgows rubbish for shopping edinburghs full of wee touristy shops there barely better than belfast
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

ultimate ulster chick wrote: you can spend all day Saturday in the shops in Glasgow- sounds ideal to me!! And then you could stay over Saturday night as well...and go shopping again on the Sunday! My idea of the ideal weekend - rugby Friday night, shopping in Glasgow rest of weekend!
Sounds very expensive to me :shock: why not go home on Friday night/Saturday morning and then have enough money left to go to another game :D
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
ultimate ulster chick
Red Hand Ambassador

You're telling me it's expensive. I'm just back from a month in Glasgow and don't even know how I managed it, but I went over my credit card limit, oops! That's what 3 weekends' worth of shopping in Glasgow does to you! :oops:

But fully intend to make it to more away games this year seeing as the weekend parttime job has gone (yeah!), just have to watch that spending once I'm away. You guys are so lucky not having this problem.

(oh and botp? Glasgow's regularly voted the UK's best city for shopping!)
backofthepack

Post by backofthepack »

londons well better by miles
ultimate ulster chick
Red Hand Ambassador

They don't normally count it in those polls as it's so big, it's obviously going to be the best.
backofthepack

Post by backofthepack »

exactly it is the best and if it aint the best its crap
backofthepack

Post by backofthepack »

exactly it is the best and if it aint the best its crap