Glasgow vs Ulster - Live updates

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

bazzaj

Re: Glasgow vs Ulster - Live updates

Post by bazzaj »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I have no respect for 20:20 hindsight. I could be wrong but I don't recall anyone suggesting Franco shouldn't be there - other than me - so no point being wise after the fact. Speaking of facts, Snipe is right, Franco wanted to play every game. Great shame if he is really ballixed.

I assume we will be allowed a temporary contract, though it won't be in the next 2 weeks I would suggest.
I said he or Henry shouldn't have been within a mile of the side but in fairness I don't recall you saying anything either Bagster.
Interesting that buck says we have been unlucky with injury but I don't think we have helped ourselves in that regard.

We don't rotate our squad and tend to flog players to death.
I think Chad played every game before his injury and the actual plan seemed that it was to do that as we forgot to sign any decent back up.
More or less have done the same since his return.

Then we rest the majority against strong away opposition like Glasgow and Toulon and throw in a few regulars who get long term injuries.
D#ckhead stuff to do it once and get punished but TWICE is unforgivable.

We went full out at home to weak oppostion we were never going to lose to.
Sure I would be prepared to sacrifice the odd tbp for resting players and giving our squad players opportunity and game time.
That way when we need the likes of Lutton they are coming in battle hardy and not in from the cold.

All these injuries are not coincidental and I fear they will continue whilst we continue to manage our squad so badly.
We then wonder why they underperform when they have no game time.
Duh!.
Last edited by bazzaj on Mon May 18, 2015 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Is O'Connor injured, whats wrong with McCombe or McComish...God you guys are a fickle bunch of fecks....or what's wrong with you prop the 2Lt told us we were lucky to get ahead on Munster, the hairy bloke, can't mind his name,mike Stanley is fit he could play 12 if big stu is out, sure we brought him in as an international player...come guys and girls more positivity
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Stanley is away home this week Kofi.

I believe O'Connor is injured.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Hes away home??
Has he got Afoas agent?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Russ
I don't predict margins I give an opinion as to what I believe to be a defendable lead when having to play against the wind in the second half depending on the strength of the wind .

The game on Saturday was slightly different in that Glasgow knew that in order to be assured a home semi final they had to have a bonus point win .
This meant penalties became meaning less only trys mattered .
Thus any lead Ulster had at half time less than 21 points would be insufficient to put increased pressure on Glasgow .
Had Ulster won the toss and played against the wind in the first half then the pressure would have been greater on Glasgow to score at least 2 or 3 trys
In the first half to be assured of the home semi .

As the game showed it is hard to score trys if your playing the game in your own half and having to run the ball out of your own half against the wind .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Blackskulllad
Novice

Post by Blackskulllad »

Here's hoping which ever team we have is good enough to win.
Hans Indaruck
Squire

Post by Hans Indaruck »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:Buck, assuming current injury status is unchanged, I'd go:

Warwick, Best, Lutton, Touhy, Hendo, Diack, Henry, Wilson, Pienaar, Jackson, Gilroy, Cave, Payne, Bowe, Ludik

Herring, McCall, Ross, Stevenson, McComish/ Joyce, Marshall, Humph, Nelson (is McCloskey out?)

Be interesting to see who makes it through the Physio's roll call....
I'd go with that Belmontboy - the one change being VDM to start - looks like he has a better than even chance of being fit. Diack on the bench ( even if that does seem a bit harsh after he had a cracker on Saturday). :thumleft:
Hope is not a strategy.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Kofi Annan wrote:Is O'Connor injured, whats wrong with McCombe or McComish...God you guys are a fickle bunch of fecks....or what's wrong with you prop the 2Lt told us we were lucky to get ahead on Munster, the hairy bloke, can't mind his name,mike Stanley is fit he could play 12 if big stu is out, sure we brought him in as an international player...come guys and girls more positivity
O'Connor is injured.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:Gah! FVDM :duh:
For some reason, I have FDR in my head.... :lol:
For those without encyclopaedic knowledge, FDR was the modern founder, though not the original founder, of the US National Parks System, his actions of the mid 1930s gave it a kick in the brennan that was irreversible. I love the US National parks.

My only problem? What sort of parent gives their child names like Franklyn & Delano, must have fostered hopes that he would someday be president. :shock:
Last edited by BaggyTrousers on Mon May 18, 2015 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

ruckover wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:Is O'Connor injured, whats wrong with McCombe or McComish...God you guys are a fickle bunch of fecks....or what's wrong with you prop the 2Lt told us we were lucky to get ahead on Munster, the hairy bloke, can't mind his name,mike Stanley is fit he could play 12 if big stu is out, sure we brought him in as an international player...come guys and girls more positivity
O'Connor is injured.
Really, oh
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”