Well done Glasgow

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

veritas
Novice

Re: Well done Glasgow

Post by veritas »

Kofi Belfast accents,20+ years old,seemingly educated , unable to restrain themselves from abusing all around them or to moderate their language,unable to sit through the match without smoking and clearly unable to handle their drink.

When the kids with me spent the 20 minute walk from the ground to the car talking about the behaviour of these people and not the game they had just watched there is something wrong.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Stewarding needs to be tougher in the right areas . The Eventsec guy at the front of the E terrace seemed unduly concerned about weans hanging their flegs over the barrier.

Right amount of passion and respect from all 3 sets of supporters around me. Good turn out despite the lack of beds/charabancs.

I also noted a fair bit of smoking around me which is unusual.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
sssssss
Novice

Post by sssssss »

I am assuming maybe wrongly that a lot of tickets for yesterdays game would have ended up in the hands of spnsers corporate etc so you may find although they were Belfast accents it was there first time at the stadium and hopefully the last .
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

sssssss wrote:I am assuming maybe wrongly that a lot of tickets for yesterdays game would have ended up in the hands of spnsers corporate etc so you may find although they were Belfast accents it was there first time at the stadium and hopefully the last .
A feature of big home games in modern rugby unfortunately. Always a tiny minority though.

Disappointed to see so many empty seats in the expensive section of the Grandstand. You can only assume that they were corporate freebies who didn't turn up or watched the game in the bar.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
sssssss
Novice

Post by sssssss »

big mervyn wrote:
sssssss wrote:I am assuming maybe wrongly that a lot of tickets for yesterdays game would have ended up in the hands of spnsers corporate etc so you may find although they were Belfast accents it was there first time at the stadium and hopefully the last .
A feature of big home games in modern rugby unfortunately. Always a tiny minority though.

Disappointed to see so many empty seats in the expensive section of the Grandstand. You can only assume that they were corporate freebies who didn't turn up or watched the game in the bar.
Unfortunately your right sad that it spoiled a great occasion for kids who are the future but hopefully it did not spoil it too much .
I certainly enjoyed it ,although not there , what a hangover lol but happy given Toonie said its just the beginning , as I thought we would be losing him soon
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Very good performance by Glasgow, a style of rugby that had too much pace for Munster, so well deserved win on the day and hard to argue against them as deserving league winners, so I won't.

I still don't like them & saw further examples of their gloating lack of class yesterday so whilst I absolutely acknowledge their performance, both yesterday & throughout the season, I'll withhold congratulations, for they should be sincere when given, and on that basis I've none to offer.

I will say they are new to the winning lark, so maybe in future they may learn how to behave with some amount of class.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

I was in the memorial end terrace shoe horned in with Munster fans and it was a great day. It was obvious from early on that Glasgow had the better of Munster as the men in red looked all at sea with Glasgows pace and precision. Hearty congratulations to Glasgow who fully deserved the title but I couldn't help thinking what would have been if we hadn't faded away in the semi final. Ulster have had a good run in the last few years but we haven't pushed on to that next level and that's frustrating. We have some great young players but we need a bit more steel in the team and more than one leader on the pitch to close pivotal games out. The World Cup is going to make next season an interesting one so real depth in every position is essential. Ulsters silverware seems so long ago now it's hard to remember that magic feeling. So well done Glasgow Warriors on a great win in Belfast.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

veritas wrote:Well done Glasgow.

On a slightly different note but it touches on the issue of the atmosphere at the match. The behaviour of the three local guys immediately behind me in the Memorial Stand was appalling. Even though there were lots of kids around,even though there were Ulster fans,Glasgow fans,Munster fans around,even when they were challenged,even when the stewards intervened (hopelessly) they continued shamefully and shamelessly.

Perhaps when they wake up sober this morning they might take a good look at themselves but I doubt it.I for one had a large part of the game ruined by their behaviour.

The infliction by some of their drunken selfish behaviour on others is not a phenomenon exclusive to rugby stadiums or Ravenhill but it is growing at our home ground and it will drive people away.
Any chance of saying what they did instead of just chubing on?

Never mind
Have seen what you posted
Swearing is part and parcel of their spideness

Smoking is illegal and they should have been bucked out
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Question should be, could Ulster have beaten that Glasgow side yesterday?
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

That's a good question Russ.
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

Russ wrote:Question should be, could Ulster have beaten that Glasgow side yesterday?
Thankfully a question nobody can answer.
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

No..... We had our chance and blew it. Glasgow upped their game yesterday and their pace and expansive play was excellent.... Glasgow played at full tilt for the entire game and looked dangerous everytime they went forward. Ulster flatter to deceive and then add lack of discipline to the mix and Glasgow would have beaten us yesterday in my humble opinion. Game management, leadership, good discipline and pace....Glasgow had it all.
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

Beattiespastie wrote:No..... We had our chance and blew it. Glasgow upped their game yesterday and their pace and expansive play was excellent.... Glasgow played at full tilt for the entire game and looked dangerous everytime they went forward. Ulster flatter to deceive and then add lack of discipline to the mix and Glasgow would have beaten us yesterday in my humble opinion. Game management, leadership, good discipline and pace....Glasgow had it all.

On the flip side, if we hadn't fecked up the SF we most likely would have walked that yesterday.
It's the hope that kills you.
Hans Indaruck
Squire

Post by Hans Indaruck »

I honestly think Ulster would have struggled to beat Glasgow yesterday! The Glasgow defence was awesome - and when Munster presented them with holes in their defence, Glasgow exploited them well.
It was a good enjoyable night out - loads of craic with the Weegie fans on the west terrace - all jointly abusing the d*ckhead Eventsec steward who insisted on standing on the touchline blocking the view of as many people as he could - it took his supervisor to point out to him that we hadn't paid £30 to watch him all night!!
It has been mentioned earlier that the Munster fans were silenced early on - I agree and I felt that the Munster fans let their team down by being so quiet - on the other hand the Glasgow faithful were raucous throughout, the Family Stand and the Aquinas end generally was bouncing for the whole game.
Well done to Glasgow (with the exception of a certain small Fijian who couldn't be shamed!).
Hope is not a strategy.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Was there booze in the family stand?