World Cup News

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: World Cup News

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Yeah, a very serious infraction of an unimportant rule of the RWC.

I assume it is regarded as unfair as teams from a different hemisphere can't whistle up extra folk for training.

Who cares?

Same old sheep-shaggers, always cheating. :D

Now if that was England you'd be whinging about it for the rest of the tournament ya old goat. :lol:
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Spiffsson wrote: When it comes down to it, both Cement Head and Burt are conservative dull coaches, who sometimes take a chance, but rarely. Warburton + Tipuric would be a perfect combo to run the slow English backrow off their feet and dominate the breakdown, but Gatland loves Lydiate.
As for the England midfield triangle of Farrell/Burgess/Barritt - expect an attacking snoozefest.
Burgess and Roberts will be having a big dick pisssing contest all day. Watch out for broken body parts and little rugby.
A few chariots may be needed to help off the wounded.

Aussies will be happy if they batter each other.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Shan wrote:
Spiffsson wrote: When it comes down to it, both Cement Head and Burt are conservative dull coaches, who sometimes take a chance, but rarely. Warburton + Tipuric would be a perfect combo to run the slow English backrow off their feet and dominate the breakdown, but Gatland loves Lydiate.
As for the England midfield triangle of Farrell/Burgess/Barritt - expect an attacking snoozefest.
Burgess and Roberts will be having a big dick pisssing contest all day. Watch out for broken body parts and little rugby.
A few chariots may be needed to help off the wounded.

Aussies will be happy if they batter each other.
There'll be fun in it for more than the Aussies....... >EW
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Shan wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Yeah, a very serious infraction of an unimportant rule of the RWC.

I assume it is regarded as unfair as teams from a different hemisphere can't whistle up extra folk for training.

Who cares?

Now if that was England you'd be whinging about it for the rest of the tournament ya old goat. :lol:
True but the way sky broke the news I thought they were announce that Gatland had been assasinated or something and when they said what had happened I was completely underwhelmed.

Agree with spiffers comments regarding these two teams.
You would have thought Wales backs being against the wall they would have gone for it.
Similarly with England you would have thought they would sense weakness and looked to exploit them.
England have basically stripped their side of any creative element with Slade, Cipriani and Ford not included who any side would love to have.
I hate them for this.

I prefer Burgess over Barrett but both in tandem oh please no and they have learnt nothing from their dark days of selecting Noon and Tindall as a centre pairing. .

This will be the usual 6 nations anti climatic bosh fest between these two sides with England winning through Farrells boot.
Don't know why I am looking forward to this.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:

Who cares?

Feck off ya rednecked yokel, away and do some morris dancing round yer handbeg, I'll have you know I whinge without fear nor favour (unless of course its anti-Mexican or English, in which case I give her plenty) and in this case it is an immense pile of nothing.

If it weren't for the wish to make the RWC as well publicised as possible - & there is no such thing as bad publicity, barring pigfecking of course - and nothing but a very quiet private word to remind Wales of this rubbish rule would have sufficed.

My biggest hope for the weekend is that the sheepworriers overcome sorry circumstance to send John Bull homewards ti think again. Were the hosts to miss out at the pool stages my cup would be more than half full for the first time since 1973 when I dispensed with my virginity - "Trousers down for 42 years" - & yes by todays terms I was a late starter.

To get you in the right mood https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEOxEHS6et4 gotta love Katherine Jenkins, wonder is she anything to Gar?

More , more, more......................... Calon lan, marvellous song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO2ne5VgNm0

G'wan the shaggers. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Shan wrote:
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin wrote:
Lacey deserves a special mention for referring Nadolo's try to the TMO, after Nadolo cleanly caught and grounded the ball about 1 fecking metre in front of him.
Yeah I said that at the time. Talking to a few people they argued that Nadola's body position meant Lacey couldn't clearly see the grounding......but I kind of think that's a load of wánk.

Calling TMO for every fecking try is a right cop-out in my book.

Wayne Barnes best ref so far. However that may change if he refs one of our games. :D

Jackson the worst and by a distance. I wouldn't let him ref an amateur game, never mind a RWC one. I wouldn't let Joubert ref RWC game either and he is second on that list. Must be nice for him to not be the worst ref in attendance for a change.
Holy fek, things are bad if Barnes is the best on offer.... At least we're getting consistency. Poor refereeing has marred the Pro 12 for years and it's now filtered through to the highest levels. It's getting close to the stage whereby you select which game to watch based on who is refereeing and not who is playing which is a scandalous scenario to be in.

For things that aren't obviously dangerous could they not just give the penalty and put them on report so the matter can reviewed after the game? And for tries, just let each team have 2 challenges. If they get their challenge right then they keep it. Might add a bit more drama too.

Was watching the 1987 final last night. I was totally amazed by how few stoppages there were. The set pieces were nuts. The front rows would literally sprint to the scrums and bang they were set and the ball was in - kinda reminded me of school boy rugby. Lineouts were a bit comical with no lifts which led to a lot of handling errors. Was cool to see 16 men rucks and mauls again so the backs had a bit of space. Also saw an interesting move from a free kick. The scrum half took the mark back 20 m, tapped and passed to Grant Fox who slotted over the drop goal. Ah, the good old days...
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

shamalicious wrote:
Flads wrote:I hate ITV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just wait till they're sharing the 6 Nations in 2 years :-(
Ah FFS Shammy, did you have to? I'd forgotten that. Feck. :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
striker
Novice

Post by striker »

Are ITV not joint broadcasters with the Beeb for this coming 2016 Six Nations?
striker
Novice

Post by striker »

Its 2106 six nations i'm afraid:- http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/33369443 more crappy ad breaks
waggonsroll
Initiate

Post by waggonsroll »

striker wrote:Its 2106 six nations i'm afraid:- http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/33369443 more crappy ad breaks
Note that ITV will be showing Ireland home games. I wonder who the token Irish pundit will be - maybe they will dress him up in a leprechaun suit to show their viewers that the wee man is not to be believed and knows nothing. Also as the broadcaster seems to be able to control kick off time what graveyard slot will these games be put in?

Sent from my Lenovo A7600-F using Tapatalk
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

According to Gatland the Welsh were told they hadn't broken any written rule but it was against the spirit of the rules.

Nuffink to see. Move along now.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

"This here is our 31-man squad...and these 15 guys over here are just training with us. And yes, it is just a coincidence that those 15 will be our call-ups in case of injury. But they're not part of our squad, we haven't broke a rule so it's all OK."
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Meanwhile, away from the bullshite , rugby continues and Italy v Canada is a good watch, Canada leading by 13-15 having just had another great "try" rightly disallowed and good value for it. Italy look shocking. If they get away with this game it will be some turnaround by Italy, all the imagination coming from Canada.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

DTH Van Der Merwe is some player as is Ciaran Hearn on today's performance, Italy struggling with the pace of Canada's game
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Italy are completely out of ideas. Canada just jack a bit of creativity in midfield.