Well Done Sarries

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Well Done Sarries

Post by Bart S »

A thoroughly professional performance tonight away from home in a difficult place to get a result. Defence was excellent and error free and took their opportunities well. To get a winning bonus point away from home in those conditions was some effort.

Maybe they don't have the great support at home but they have shown again they are not imtimidated away from home, no matter how hostile the environment. Like them or not they showed tonight why they have consistently been one of the very top teams in europe over the past few seasons.

Time for the ulster post mortem is later, but we were well beaten by a better side tonight who put in a very professional performance.
Ulsterfan25
Novice

Re: Well Done Sarries

Post by Ulsterfan25 »

Agreed.
ding dong2u
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ding dong2u »

No complaints they were much the better team overall
Stand Up for the Ulster Men

RIP Nevin Spence 1990 - 2012
McMahon
Novice

Post by McMahon »

At least we know where we are. A mid-table Pro12 team capable of some flashes of brilliance but generally bogged down in the kick-chase game. Saracens are proper contenders and deserve our respect. They own us at Ravenspan. I hope we have the brains, finance and vision to build our road out of here.
Big Smoke Culchie
Squire

Post by Big Smoke Culchie »

I've only met one person in England who has a good word for Saracens. They are a cynical, dirty, cheating, shower playing boring anti-rugby. So no. I won't congratulate them. I want to see them smashed out of existence for the good of rugby. I hope McCall has a really sh1tty trip home back to Barnet.
Joe Schmidt is a Leinster ballbag
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Big Smoke Culchie wrote:I've only met one person in England who has a good word for Saracens. They are a cynical, dirty, cheating, shower playing boring anti-rugby. So no. I won't congratulate them. I want to see them smashed out of existence for the good of rugby. I hope McCall has a really sh1tty trip home back to Barnet.
Jeez, you're a hard man to please! :D
moyletra
Novice

Post by moyletra »

Correct we are mid table mediocrity. Playing poor imitation Irish Schmitball. Kiss is adding nothing to below average last 12+ month performance. Not angry just very very disappointed... again.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Big Smoke Culchie wrote:I've only met one person in England who has a good word for Saracens. They are a cynical, dirty, cheating, shower playing boring anti-rugby. So no. I won't congratulate them. I want to see them smashed out of existence for the good of rugby. I hope McCall has a really sh1tty trip home back to Barnet.
If you call that boring anti-rugby (even allowing for the horrible conditions), then whatever it was that Ulster were playing tonight was a whole order of magnitude worse.
McMahon
Novice

Post by McMahon »

Saracens are a good team Culchie, whether you like it or not. In simple rugby terms we were played off the park. Online vitriol and venom and hearsay count for feckall on the pitch and it was there where we lost. Suck it in. Move on. I wouldn't be surprised to see McCall back in Ireland in the next few years and you may be singing his praises. I'll remind you if you do.
Blackskulllad
Novice

Post by Blackskulllad »

Pity the Warren Gatland got away with the cheap shots though
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Grudgingly I will concede the better team - by a mile - won tonight.

Better in every department (except maybe goal kicking - if they were better, the margin might have been higher, but their kicks were difficult, Paddy's relatively straight forward)

Better in cynicism

Better in cheating

I wish we could be better at those - not total Brennans, but just a little bit more streetwise

Well played Sarries - well done Mark McC. :(
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Dan Dare
Squire

Post by Dan Dare »

Sarries are a good team, but I can't see them winning it, Clermont or Toulon for me. Mind you they are all mercenaries ! More money than sense the lot of them.

I know where we are and it is a long way from Europes top table, but I also think the other Irish provinces are equally so.

The bottom line is that Sarries have cheated in their own league with regards to the salary cap and the success is based on having generous benefactors behind them, they and teams like them are not doing the game any good, I would love to say well done, if it was just for the rugby and the performance on the pitch, I would, but for all that they have done and for all that they stand for, I just can't !

They have great players, they will not be far away in the premiership and will go well in Europe, they are a very very good team, but they won't get my support, they don't deserve it.
Big Smoke Culchie
Squire

Post by Big Smoke Culchie »

McMahon wrote:Saracens are a good team Culchie, whether you like it or not. In simple rugby terms we were played off the park. Online vitriol and venom and hearsay count for feckall on the pitch and it was there where we lost. Suck it in. Move on. I wouldn't be surprised to see McCall back in Ireland in the next few years and you may be singing his praises. I'll remind you if you do.
Nope. I might grind my teeth and accept it, but you won't hear any praises. That club are toilet.
Joe Schmidt is a Leinster ballbag
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:Grudgingly I will concede the better team - by a mile - won tonight.

Better in every department (except maybe goal kicking - if they were better, the margin might have been higher, but their kicks were difficult, Paddy's relatively straight forward)

Better in cynicism

Better in cheating

I wish we could be better at those - not total Brennans, but just a little bit more streetwise

Well played Sarries - well done Mark McC. :(
+1 Image

Our slide into mediocrity continues, it's hard to watch and it's not much fun.
Bangors
Novice

Post by Bangors »

Don't like them but the better team won
Best described by two "C" words
Clinical - they took their chances and scored 4 good tries
Cynical - 2 yellow cards - could - perhaps should - have been a red and a yellow with another yellow for Berger