Leinster 15/16

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Tazz #15
Initiate

Re: Leinster 15/16

Post by Tazz #15 »

Not sure about Steenson for Ireland, but having watched him this season at Chiefs I would be more than happy to see him come home.

I'm not sure where the myths about attack and defence have arisen from. Whilst he's no big hitter he's more than willing to get stuck in and lend a shoulder to the cause. The Chiefs play a great brand of attacking rugby and he's more than capable of pulling the strings.

I'd take him in a heartbeat in our squad but unfortunately it'll never happen. It's clear that he loves it over there and is part of something special. The Chiefs fans worship the ground he walks on. Indeed the same could be said for Dizzy.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

rumncoke wrote:Rooster

The guy signed for Championship side most of whom would be at least semi professional

I wouldn't doubt that someone told he may never be a professional but my take would be that they meant at Ulster ( which as I have pointed out at that time seemed blessed with o/H s

The fact is that when Larkin left the roses turned to weeds .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
You're still talking shyte. I've said it, as has Rooster, Clarke told him he wouldn't make it as a pro as his defence would never be good enough. That's a fact, you can take it or leave it.

The respective careers of all you have mentioned when compared to that of Steenson now really says it all.

Even when it was patently clear he was a more than decent ten we made derisory offers for him and offered him back-up status.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Jackie Brown wrote:Funny how we gave NOC 2 fecking chances.
No Jackie, it wasn't funny, it was a disaster.

I will admit to having seen little of Steenson but in my opinion from what I have seen, he appears an efficient player, little to no spark in his play. Most probably a very decent club player, doesn't look remotely close to international standard from what I have seen.

I also believe that Paddy Jackson will eventually shut many detractors up. He has the best passing game of any Irish 10, including Sexton and will eventually cut the mustard. He has also apparently been given the kicking tee as first choice, something that his development has been crying out for. If he can raise his stats a little he become a serious contender for Ireland. To date that is the only thing Quiff has held over him,

Speaking of whom, Quiff is dead to me.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

He has the best kicking percentage of irish 10s currently too
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Russ wrote:He has the best kicking percentage of irish 10s currently too
We've established that he's not a 10 Russ.......
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Jackson is a 10
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Russ wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Jackson is a 10
That's the word anyway.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

I'd take Steenson as a back-up 10 any day.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

againstthehead wrote:I'd take Steenson as a back-up 10 any day.
Nice house where he is, local sports hero, first choice 10, wages higher than he would get here, I have said it before and will say it again, he won't be back playing in Ireland unless Exeter are over for a match
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Team to face the Westies Fri 1st 5pm TG4

15. Rob Kearney 14. Fergus McFadden 13. Garry Ringrose 12. Ben Te'o 11. Dave Kearney 10. Johnny Sexton
9. Luke McGrath 1. Jack McGrath 2. Richardt Strauss 3. Marty Moore 4. Devin Toner 5. Mike McCarthy 6. Rhys Ruddock CAPTAIN 7. Josh van der Flier 8. Jordi Murphy

16. James Tracy 17. Peter Dooley 18. Michael Bent 19. Ross Molony 20. Sean O'Brien 21. Eoin Reddan 22. Ian Madigan 23. Zane Kirchner
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

2 week ban for healy for original charge. Misses Westies and Hairsprays games

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Neill_M wrote:2 week ban for healy for original charge. Misses Westies and Hairsprays games

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk
Surprised a scottish panel didn't give him more
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Brent Pope now saying that young Ringrose could be an Irish Conrad Smith! Give the lad a chance - he had a decent game and made a good break v Munster, BUT...... :banghead:
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Neill_M wrote:Brent Pope now saying that young Ringrose could be an Irish Conrad Smith! Give the lad a chance - he had a decent game and made a good break v Munster, BUT...... :banghead:
I doubt his assessment was based on that one match. Ringrose was outstanding for Ireland U20 and his talent has been evident for some time. Still - his style of play is nothing like Conrad Smith's and Pope is full of it.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

The lad is clearly talented, are Ireland so short of decent centres that some people are calling for him to be in the squad for the 6Ns?