Bedford V Ulster RAvens

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Bedford V Ulster RAvens

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

17-17 to Bedford ...... and Ulster.

Stockdale still the try scorer, and also Best
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

17 22

Best scored forUlster, Bedford now with 4 tries.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Cheers. Ulster twitter updates aren't brilliant for this. Got a HT score, thats it!
The Boo Radleys
Warrior

Post by The Boo Radleys »

It's on the BBC rugby updates!
The six most dangerous words in the English Language - Your reward will come in Heaven...
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

The Boo Radleys wrote:It's on the BBC rugby updates!
Cheers :D
The Boo Radleys
Warrior

Post by The Boo Radleys »

All over 17-22.
The six most dangerous words in the English Language - Your reward will come in Heaven...
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Ulster Rugby tweeted the FT score, big of them! Leinster or Munster would have had proper updates through the game :stir:
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Neill_M wrote:Ulster Rugby tweeted the FT score, big of them! Leinster or Munster would have had proper updates through the game :stir:
Why would Leinster or Munster have proper updates through an Ulster match? :scratch:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

Anyone at this match? Why was it at Deramore and not spanners? Disappointing result 4 tries conceded and next match away to Bristol.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Neill_M wrote:Ulster Rugby tweeted the FT score, big of them! Leinster or Munster would have had proper updates through the game :stir:
Why would Leinster or Munster have proper updates through an Ulster match? :scratch:

If their A teams were playing I mean!
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

UR report had the Duke as the 2nd try scorer.
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Joe Schmo wrote:Anyone at this match? Why was it at Deramore and not spanners? Disappointing result 4 tries conceded and next match away to Bristol.
Was indeed, Shanahan, McPhillips, Timoney, and Browne making himself a bit busy about the place were probably the highlights, McPhillips looked composed with a good pass and a decent boot though I don't know he could have imposed himself a bit more I felt but that's something that will change with time. Liked the look of Thompson and Simpson when they got on, with Simpson being a trade up in the scrum over Ross. Dow was distinctly meh, he's a physical specimen but could really put himself about more. Not sure what to make of the wings as a fair bit of the problem with the defence was out wide but that could have been a structural problem, Stockdale did well with his try though. Windsor doesn't have much of a future with Ulster but he wasn't awful at 12.
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Ah I was probably being much too harsh on Windsor, he wasn't bad, just nothing really to challenge the ranks at 12 for us, 10 is a different situation altogether.
Gryzor
Novice

Post by Gryzor »

I went along - very disappointing performance I thought, particularly in defence. Bedford were a typical championship side, big pack but didn't bring much else, but in the first half they just dined out on our mistakes. Some absolutely woeful defence - huge holes in midfield, guys switching off after the whistle, missed takcles (I'd say double figures by HT..)

Then in the second half we had plenty of opportunities, but really lacked compsure in their half - wrong options, silly turnovers/errors (worst example a cut and dried tuck and trailer from a lineout 5 metres from their line, after a really strong maul of the previous one).

Jonny McPhillips I thought looked quite good, if raw - first time I've seen him play. One pen miss which he should have got, but his distribution was good, including a couple of nice big miss passes. I think he tired in the second, and was down with cramp - and his decision-making maybe suffered. I thought the back row actually had a good outing, good graft as usual from Joyce, and in fairness Lorcan had a good game! Eager to carry, one big break-out, and his presentation of the ball was good. Stockdale is filling out, always makes yards - sometimes goes a bit high in the tackle.

Overall a poor show though - I suppose defensive system is always the challenge with the A side, given the changes in personnel, didn't go well last night
HairyJ
Initiate

Post by HairyJ »

I was on the same flight as the Bedford team this morning, was chatting to one of them and he said it was a decent game.

Some fairly big lads among them.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk