Who was your Ulster MOTM vs Treviso?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Who was your Ulster MOTM vs Treviso?

Louis Ludik
2%
Rory Scholes
5%
Darren Cave
41%
Stuart Olding
5%
Craig Gilroy
No votes
Jacob Stockdale
No votes
Ian Humphreys
2%
Luke Marshall
No votes
Paul Marshall
2%
David Shanahan
No votes
Callum Black
No votes
Andy Warwick
No votes
Rob Herring
15%
John Andrew
No votes
Ricky Lutton
No votes
Bronson Ross
No votes
Alan O’Connor
15%
Pete Browne
10%
Franco van der Merwe
2%
Clive Ross
No votes
Lorcan Dow
No votes
Sean Reidy
No votes
Roger Wilson
No votes

Total votes: 41

Hans Indaruck
Squire

Re: Who was your Ulster MOTM vs Treviso?

Post by Hans Indaruck »

Herring - for a consistently high work rate - leading by example. Honourable mentions to AOC, Caveman, Lulu and Scholes (who just seems to get bigger and better!).
Hope is not a strategy.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Olding showed one or two glimpses if genius, Ludi showed that hes our best defencive 15. AOC gas come of age, Herring is captain in waiting. But for organisation and control Cave was omnipresent. Vital cog in Ulster's wheels.

Mind 40 minutes of hoofball was feckin hard to watch... Only Rum could have been enthrolled by that mindlessness.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

Okay, folks, let's put this to bed right now. Darren Cave was absolutely outstanding yesterday. He was the main reason why we went in level at half-time - his defensive commitment and organisation kept us in the match when our pack was being man-shamed and our half-backs decision-making was like a man with a two-headed coin calling tails every spin.
In the second half, he was directly involved in the first three tries. Look at the match again and watch him run twenty metres to hit our maul and drive it over the line. Then he scores with a beautifully angled run. Then, he uses his line speed to force the bad pass that Scholesy reads and scores from. Those who argue that there are better 13s in the Ulster squad are simply wrong. It remains very doubtful that there is a better 13 in Ireland and a certain Mr Ringrose, BOD's love child, has a long way to go before he is anywhere close to Cave's level. Once again, simply brilliant in defence, in attack, and in his commitment to the cause.
Last edited by rocky on Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bo***cks to Brexit
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

fermain wrote:vote praperly
Shanahahahahahan? :D
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

rocky wrote:Okay, folks, let's put this to bed right now. Darren Cave was absolutely outstanding yesterday. He was the main reason why we went in level at half-time - his defensive commitment and organisation kept us in the match when our pack was being man-shamed and our half-backs decision-making was like a man with a two-headed coin calling tails every spin.
In the second half, he was directly involved in the first three tries. Look at the match again and watch him run twenty metres to hit our maul and drive it over the line. Then he scores with a beautifully angled run. Then, he uses his line speed to force the bad pass that Scholesy reads and scores from. Those who argue that there are better 13s in the Ulster squad are simply wrong. It remains very doubtful that there is a better 13 in Ireland and a certain Mr Ringrose, BOD's love child, has a long way to go before he is anywhere close to Cave's level. Once again, simply brilliant in defence, in attack, and in his commitment to the cause.
Wot he said.

Close the poll now and give it to the Caveman :cheers:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Rovi Snave
Warrior

Post by Rovi Snave »

Cave for me for the reasons stated above :red: :red: :red:

BTW - who the feck keeps voting for iHump :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Finished
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

mikeyjoe wrote:There's been a lot of negativity about Tuohy lately, after his World Cup rejection he wasn't up to standard, then his ankle injury ,
But he's rarely let us down in a Ulster shirt and Iam sure he will come good again, it's as if some don't want him back, I look forward to it even if it's as third choice lock, a very good player to have in the squad
MJ, Tuohy has been poor for a while and this has coincided with the rise of AOC. Nobody in their right mind is calling Dan a busted flush, but he will have to go some to climb back ahead of Alan in the depth chart. I have no doubt Dan will be back once he starts getting enough sleep.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Rovi Snave wrote:Cave for me for the reasons stated above :red: :red: :red:

Probably the same comedian every week. It has long since ceased to be funny. If indeed it ever was. :roll:
mikeyjoe
Novice

Post by mikeyjoe »

Snipe Watson wrote:
mikeyjoe wrote:There's been a lot of negativity about Tuohy lately, after his World Cup rejection he wasn't up to standard, then his ankle injury ,
But he's rarely let us down in a Ulster shirt and Iam sure he will come good again, it's as if some don't want him back, I look forward to it even if it's as third choice lock, a very good player to have in the squad
MJ, Tuohy has been poor for a while and this has coincided with the rise of AOC. Nobody in their right mind is calling Dan a busted flush, but he will have to go some to climb back ahead of Alan in the depth chart. I have no doubt Dan will be back once he starts getting enough sleep.
I Agree Snipe, but some of the negativity of some people who hide behind a forum, just to have a cheap shot at some players rankles with me.
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

Snipe Watson wrote:
I'd concur with Snipe for the most part but Tuohy most definitely let himself, Ulster and Ireland down to varying degrees this season. That performance against Scotland was one of the worst showings from an Irish second row since Neil Francis togged out in Green. I was gutted for the big man as he was clearly in pole position ahead of Ryan to make the squad but played himself out of it.

I don't know what was wrong with him, possibly after so many arm fractures he was guarding it subconsciously? Whatever his robust carrying regressed, his tackling poor and in general he seemed there in person but not mind.

The frustrating thing was against Leinster in the second half he looked like he was coming back to his old self but then busts his ankle.

I can't wait to have the big man back as on his day his carrying is a real benefit to us and we have missed it. I just hope his head is right or we are in for more of the same.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

rocky wrote:Okay, folks, let's put this to bed right now. Darren Cave was absolutely outstanding yesterday. He was the main reason why we went in level at half-time - his defensive commitment and organisation kept us in the match when our pack was being man-shamed and our half-backs decision-making was like a man with a two-headed coin calling tails every spin.
Only 13 in Ireland

Turning down IKON was the worst thing he's done and it's cost his career
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

So here's how the coaches chatted in the build up to the game

Les - I've never played an Italian side in Italy, they're at home. We need to properly prepare, has anyone experience of Italy?

Doak - I do Rocky

Les - okay ginger, you can lead the tactics this week and I'll go work on a few things with our outside backs that will build on their skills

Doak - awesome Rocky

Later that week Les turns up at training to see ihumph and p hoofing the ball about

Les - Ginge, this will definitely work right?

Doak - foolproof Rocky

And that's how we ended up with Doakball again
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

we all want Touhy back - I don't think anyone has slagged him round here- but since he came back from his last injury he struggled with his form, i think we are all pleased to see we have options and players that can add something and at the minute AOC is that man. No one expected him to make the World Cup squad as his form had dipped a bit but if he still has couple of years left in him and fingers crossed he comes back in the same fashion as Payne and Olding have.
Btw I would actually say at the beginning of this season he has played games where he clearly was disinterested and has let Ulster down - not the only one either. But fingers crossed he comes back hungry and eager to get his mojo back.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Rovi Snave wrote:Cave for me for the reasons stated above :red: :red: :red:

Probably the same comedian every week. It has long since ceased to be funny. If indeed it ever was. :roll:
Maybe the players do read this shyte.

I voted for Herring but when the drink wore off, I realised it should have been Cave.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Unfortunately, no one south of the Alamo is listening, Rocky. Our best kept secret. I could've went for Cave other than I've a blind spot for front five forwards who front up and put it to their pack. But Cave as Mom would get no truck from me. Afaic Cave plus one is our best midfield. My concern is that we can't keep them all. It has to be one of the strongest midfield depth in NH.
Exterminate all rational thought