What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by UlsterNo9 »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:
therealspratt wrote:Decent ball in hand but couldn't kick snow off a rope is how I've heard him described by those from Leinster.
Ring ding ding ding we have a winner! Jackpot!

:thumleft:

He hasn't been entrusted to take one shot from the tee for Leinster at senior level, now if he is going to replace one of only three recognised place kickers we currently have I would be making that a bare minimum attribute in the replacement criteria.
FFS 9 in that case why in feck's name did you need to make a quiz out of it? You could have enlightened us. >EW

Right then now all we need to do is rank'em:

Place the following players in appropriate positions, Marsh frae Mallow, iSouldhaveretiredhreys, Barbara:

1)
2)
3)
My other concern is that with Quiff leaving this guy should automatically become Sexys heir but I hear he has been surpassed by a youngun. Okay so that should put him in third spot worst case at Leinster. All squads require 3 out halves, correct I hear you say. Leinster therefore must deem this guy outside of their top three next year, yet if he arrives with us next year we see him as 2nd or 3rd choice?

Not knocking the guy I just fail to see where our logic is in thinking signing a non kicking fourth choice Leinster playe is a decent aquisition.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

All squads require 3 Out Halves
Exactly.
Ulster at the minute have 1 Out Half
Exactly
Not knocking the guy I just fail to see where our logic is in thinking signing a non kicking fourth choice Leinster playe is a decent aquisition.

See second quote!
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Liam Gill is joining Toulon.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
DavyG
Steward

Post by DavyG »

WALLABIES superstar David Pocock is considering taking a year off from rugby to study in England for 12 months, while Queensland flanker Liam Gill is poised to join French glamour club Toulon, putting Australia’s backrow stocks in disarray.
Pocock’s shock potential break from the game in 2017 would have huge ramifications for the Wallabies and Brumbies, given he was the nation’s best player at last year’s World Cup.
The ARU is working feverishly to keep Pocock in Australia, but the final decision will rest with the 27-year-old backrower.
Renowned as much for his off-field endeavours as his on-field brilliance, Pocock is hardly an orthodox athlete and this latest news epitomises his approach to life and sport.
Pocock had two seasons completely ruined by successive knee injuries, yet came back last year to carry the Wallabies to the World Cup final and establish himself as a world-class No.8.
But despite his form and claims to the Wallabies No.8 jersey, Pocock has a desire to take a complete break from rugby once his ARU contract expires on December 31 and turn his attention to intellectual pursuits.
The Daily Telegraph can reveal that as part of ongoing negotiations with the ARU and Brumbies, Pocock has asked for a 12-month sabbatical in 2017 to study, and then return in 2018 with a view to playing at the 2019 World Cup in Japan.
The Brumbies are desperate for Pocock to stay, but will not grant him a one-year absence.
“It creates all sorts of problems if Poey takes a break,” Brumbies chief executive Michael Jones said.
Could we not get him a place at Queens?
"We are on a Journey.......Don't Stop Believin"....
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

DavyG wrote:
WALLABIES superstar David Pocock is considering taking a year off from rugby to study in England for 12 months, while Queensland flanker Liam Gill is poised to join French glamour club Toulon, putting Australia’s backrow stocks in disarray.
Pocock’s shock potential break from the game in 2017 would have huge ramifications for the Wallabies and Brumbies, given he was the nation’s best player at last year’s World Cup.
The ARU is working feverishly to keep Pocock in Australia, but the final decision will rest with the 27-year-old backrower.
Renowned as much for his off-field endeavours as his on-field brilliance, Pocock is hardly an orthodox athlete and this latest news epitomises his approach to life and sport.
Pocock had two seasons completely ruined by successive knee injuries, yet came back last year to carry the Wallabies to the World Cup final and establish himself as a world-class No.8.
But despite his form and claims to the Wallabies No.8 jersey, Pocock has a desire to take a complete break from rugby once his ARU contract expires on December 31 and turn his attention to intellectual pursuits.
The Daily Telegraph can reveal that as part of ongoing negotiations with the ARU and Brumbies, Pocock has asked for a 12-month sabbatical in 2017 to study, and then return in 2018 with a view to playing at the 2019 World Cup in Japan.
The Brumbies are desperate for Pocock to stay, but will not grant him a one-year absence.
“It creates all sorts of problems if Poey takes a break,” Brumbies chief executive Michael Jones said.
Could we not get him a place at Queens?
I'll keep him in the spare room :thumleft:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
DavyG
Steward

Post by DavyG »

Rooster wrote: I'll keep him in the spare room :thumleft:
Is that what you call the chicken house. :duck:

Might call in Magee today and see if they have any spaces.
"We are on a Journey.......Don't Stop Believin"....
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Tick tock ........

Could tomorrow shed some light on signing.

Resignings bound to be week off during 6nations.

Tick tock........
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

This is torture, just anmouce Jordi and be damned!!!!!!!
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cornerfleg wrote:This is torture, just anmouce Jordi and be damned!!!!!!!
I really wish you would quit naming Jordi. You'll kibosh the whole thing. :evil: Now houl yer whisht.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Jordi has a non disclosure clause in his contract.... Im trying my feckin best here, but sometimes i feel as if im working all on my own!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I'm not sure if this is absolutely widely known but I have it on the very finest authority that a couple or three weeks ago a rugby mad dentist saw Bryn in conversation with Dave Pocock at Manchester Airport.

Can anyone confirm my suspicion that Bryn went to QUB. I'm assuming they were just discussing the quality of British University education, after all Fit told the chaplain we're signing a Christian Saffer.

Mind you, Dave Pocock is an African from the southern end of the continent and I'd be very surprised if he isn't a Christian, kind of goes with SH rugby.

Now does anyone really know what Les was talking about when he mentioned Two big signings? Surely nice Mr Nucifora has done us all the favours he's going to?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Has anyone ever.... EVER ... seen Bryn and Jordi Murphy at the same dentist..... See, i rest my case.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Africans do well here, we like Africans, Africans like us... Its just a matter of time before we rename the memorial stand end Rorke's Drift
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Cornerfleg wrote:
All squads require 3 Out Halves
Exactly.
Ulster at the minute have 1 Out Half
Exactly

See second quote!
Fleg who are you quoting, or are you having a conversation with your own made up quotes :scratch:
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

kingofthehill wrote:Tick tock ........

Could tomorrow shed some light on signing.

Resignings bound to be week off during 6nations.

Tick tock........
Scholes would be nice.

What's McCloskey's current deal?
It's the hope that kills you.