Ulster v Glasgow Fri 12th Feb 7:30pm Sky Sports

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Re: Ulster v Glasgow Fri 12th Feb 7:30pm Sky Sports

Post by Spiffsson »

ruckover wrote:Glasgow have Nakarawa and Naiyaravoro. Those two alone scare the pants off me.
Just trying to spell their names scares the shaat outta me!

(N.B. Ever notice how about half of all TV commentators just cannot say Nakarawa and instead keep coming out with Nakawarra).
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

ruckover wrote:Or his confidence might get shattered.
Meh - a lot of the academy would be a bit full of themselves anyway - would do no harm for them to see just how far they have to go before having "made it" when they still have time to do something about it before being cut loose.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Spiffsson wrote:
ruckover wrote:Glasgow have Nakarawa and Naiyaravoro. Those two alone scare the pants off me.
Just trying to spell their names scares the shaat outta me!

(N.B. Ever notice how about half of all TV commentators just cannot say Nakarawa and instead keep coming out with Nakawarra).
As for Gusher he will just call them something entirely different, probably the Fijians
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
DavyG
Steward

Post by DavyG »

Referee: Marius Mitrea (FIR, 47th competition game)
Assistant Referees: Gary Conway, Paul Haycock (both IRFU)
Citing Commissioner: Eugene Ryan (IRFU)
TMO: Olly Hodges (IRFU)
"We are on a Journey.......Don't Stop Believin"....
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Neill_M wrote:Could pull McPhillips from the 20s if required.
Why would (A) Ulster do that and (B) Why would U20s let him go when there is at least two fit 10s available to Ulster (C) McPhillips is a great prospect but have you actually watched him play .
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Gerald the Mole wrote:
Why would (A) Ulster do that and (B) Why would U20s let him go when there is at least two fit 10s available to Ulster (C) McPhillips is a great prospect but have you actually watched him play .
Calm down bigman :D The provinces have the right to take players from the 20s for games, i.e. Stockdale last week. No one is sure who will be available for Friday - Jackson probably in Paris, Hump and Olding HIA, leaves The Duke and Ruan who prefers to play 9. No - I have not seen him play, is he any good?
Dan Dare
Squire

Post by Dan Dare »

McPhillips is a bit on the light side and it would not do him good to throw him in so early. He may actually be dropped for the Irish 20's based on the Wales performance.

Said it before, there is a big difference in putting in Stockdale on the wing (6'3" built like a tank, got a season of irish 20's last year) who still has a lot to learn and putting in a lad playing at 10 who has way more decisions to make.
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Neill_M wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:
Calm down bigman :D The provinces have the right to take players from the 20s for games, i.e. Stockdale last week. No one is sure who will be available for Friday - Jackson probably in Paris, Hump and Olding HIA, leaves The Duke and Ruan who prefers to play 9. No - I have not seen him play, is he any good?

Nothing to be calm about, why not play Kyle McCall at 10? again have you seen McPhilips play ? your assumption he is good enough to play PRO12 is based on what?

I think Ulster Rugby are getting the management of McPhilips right so why mess it up, Kiss you are not.

IHump to start with Windsor on the bench covering 10 and 12. Olding RTPP applies.
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

Once a Knight wrote:Ginger Prince will be 24th man. Sexton was NOT concussed and has no history of concussion. There is nothing wrong. They just like to take young outhalves to Paris. :roll:

Marshall and Pienaar may well be our only viable option for this one. I really don't like it, but it may be our least worst option.
I don't agree that p at 9 and Ruan at 10 is a viable option. Ryan should never play 10. Play iHumph, Luke Marshall, even Barbara or McCoooooommmassshhh at 10 before Ruan.
Bo***cks to Brexit
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

rocky wrote:
Once a Knight wrote:Ginger Prince will be 24th man. Sexton was NOT concussed and has no history of concussion. There is nothing wrong. They just like to take young outhalves to Paris. :roll:

Marshall and Pienaar may well be our only viable option for this one. I really don't like it, but it may be our least worst option.
I don't agree that p at 9 and Ruan at 10 is a viable option. Ryan should never play 10. Play iHumph, Luke Marshall, even Barbara or McCoooooommmassshhh at 10 before Ruan.

What is this deception you speak of Rocky .... sure haven't we had to endure months neah years of being helped by the Messiah of the internet that it's just a number on your back ... can he not play 6 also ... ????

You're absolutely right BTW, to have a chance he must play 9.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
DavyG
Steward

Post by DavyG »

BBC Ulster Rugby ‏@BBCUlsterRugby ·
Henry returns for Glasgow Pro12 game: Ulster flanker Chris Henry is set to return for the Pro12 game against G... http://bbc.in/1LeoRp3
"We are on a Journey.......Don't Stop Believin"....
mea97mb
Squire

Post by mea97mb »

DavyG wrote:
BBC Ulster Rugby ‏@BBCUlsterRugby ·
Henry returns for Glasgow Pro12 game: Ulster flanker Chris Henry is set to return for the Pro12 game against G... http://bbc.in/1LeoRp3
Would be harsh on Reidy who has played really well of late but suppose Henry needs gametime. Can Reidy play 10?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

What is Diack's situation? is he on protocol?
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Chris can play 10.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

Snipe Watson wrote:What is Diack's situation? is he on protocol?
I think Diack, Browne, Olding are all on the protocol. At least they all looked fine when the match finished. Not sure about iHumph but he's also doubtful, apparently.
Bo***cks to Brexit