Six Nations Week 3

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Six Nations Week 3

Post by Neill_M »

McCarthy out for rest of season, SOB and Dave Kearney to miss rest of 6N according to Irish Times.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Six Nations Week 3

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Neill_M wrote:McCarthy out for rest of season, SOB and Dave Kearney to miss rest of 6N according to Irish Times.
IN fairness to McCarthy, I always despise his selection however he was actually playing very well by his own low standards.

These injuries may be something of a blow to Mexico, never mind Ireland. Shame.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Will Joe select on form?
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Must be some head injury to rule McCarthy out for the season .

In other news, Sexton has recovered from his 'whiplash' and has now 'rolled his ankle'.

I'd hate think he wasn't being managed properly, especially in light of McCarthy being stood down for the rest of the season.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:Will Joe select on form?
You must be Jo King. :duh:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Wee Woman wrote:Must be some head injury to rule McCarthy out for the season Image.

In other news, Sexton has recovered from his 'whiplash' and has now 'rolled his ankle'.

I'd hate think he wasn't being managed properly, especially in light of McCarthy being stood down for the rest of the season.
Sexting doesn't do concussion, he's just big and brave, Fibber says so.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Just for clarification. Which weak 3 are we talking about?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

As things are going so far England are two from two and I am just wondering if they think Eddie Jones is a tactical genius from the Italian game.He said he was selecting a side to soften up the Italians for 60 minutes and bringing on their most explosive players off the bench to finish the job which kind of happened certainly in the latter stages. The reality is however that an abject Italian side matched them for the best part of that game and our only hope for this match is that England have conned themselves into thinking this is an actual tactic and go same again.I don`t really see the Kiwis saying,yeah lets select a bunch of cart horses for 60 minutes and bring on McCaw and Read for the last twenty to finish the job.

Meanwhile in Ireland`s camp Joe is fast running out of options up front but at least has a one less Kearney to worry about selecting in his quest to disillusion any in form, young up and coming backs talent through non selectionIts a home win no matter what way I am looking in this game.

As for the other two matches fairly predictable wins for Scotland and Wales beckon.
Wales might finally twig that getting their power runners running at angles at gaps and soft shoulders might be the way forward.
France should be more than happy with 2 from 2 from their rebuilding programme and will be happy enough with a competitive performance against an established Welsh side.

Scotland should stick with Taylor in the centre who has been in superb form for Sorries this season and might give their backs a cutting edge that they have been lacking this century.Quite why he has only been selected through injury makes me think he has sought council with his old pal Schmidt on the matter.
Italy you feel they always have a performance in them and that may just have been the French game.The fact they didn`t win it seems ominous for them

Above all I just want to see some decent rugby but my best hope of that will be in the Aviva premiership where some of the games have been brilliant in the absence of their so called best players.
And the Ulster matches haven`t been bad either to be fair.
Last edited by bazzaj on Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Fri 26th Feb Wales v France 8:05pm BBC/RTE Wayne Barnes
Sat 27th Feb Italy v Scotland 2:25pm (UK Time) ITV Jaco Peyper
Sat 27th Feb England v Ireland 4:50pm Romain Poite ITV

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk
clearlyoffside
Novice

Post by clearlyoffside »

McCloskey trained in Mullingar, not released back with Jackson, Marshall etc.

dunno if there's much to read into it, maybe they need another token Ulsterman if Payne is still broken? or they're teaching him how to play flanker now SOB is out.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Just saw the French try again and people pinning all the hate on ToD

Let's be very clear, Madigan took the wrong man, creating the dog leg

Madigans job in thay channel is to tackle the second man leaving the first for the inside cover

He did this against Australia too costing a win there

The bloke is such a show pony
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

big mervyn wrote:Just for clarification. Which weak 3 are we talking about?
The one with the 14 day run in.

Or Kearney 1, 2 & McFadden Image.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

McCloskey to start in place of Payne next weekend?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

Russ wrote:Just saw the French try again and people pinning all the hate on ToD

Let's be very clear, Madigan took the wrong man, creating the dog leg

Madigans job in thay channel is to tackle the second man leaving the first for the inside cover

He did this against Australia too costing a win there

The bloke is such a show pony
Twas also Madigan who made the final error against NZ in 2013, failing to trust (of all people!) SOB to drift and make a touch-line tackle against Ryan Crotty.
It's the hope that kills you.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

France called up David Smith only to find he can't play for them as he has played 7s for NZ.