Six Nations Week 3

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Re: Six Nations Week 3

Post by fuzzylogic »

Wouldn't read too much into that Ireland team until it is released.... the same websites posting this team were also posting a completely different "rumored" team for the match against France than the one that actually played.

I think they just make it up as they go along for clickbait headlines and page views.
Mary had a little lamb . . .
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Scotland: 15 Stuart Hogg, 14 Tommy Seymour, 13 Mark Bennett, 12 Duncan Taylor, 11 Tim Visser, 10 Finn Russell, 9 Greig Laidlaw (c), 8 David Denton, 7 John Hardie, 6 John Barclay, 5 Jonny Gray, 4 Richie Gray, 3 Willem Nel, 2 Ross Ford, 1 Alasdair Dickinson
Replacements: 16 Stuart McInally, 17 Rory Sutherland, 18 Moray Low, 19 Tim Swinson, 20 Ryan Wilson, 21 Sam Hidalgo-Clyne, 22 Peter Horne, 23 Sean Lamont

Date: Saturday, February 27
Venue: Stadio Olimpico, Rome
Kick-off: 14:25 GMT
Referee: Jaco Peyper (South Africa)
Assistant Referees: Pascal Gauzère (France), Nick Briant (New Zealand)
TMO: Graham Hughes (England)
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Oops. How the feck did I miss that. To be fair to me it was Baggy who posted it and shur you'd go mad if you were to read even half the ballix he posts. :lol:
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

caledoniancelt wrote:Interesting bit of trivia according to a poster on Planet Rugby though not sure how accurate it is.

Best, Ross, Stander, VDF, Henshaw, McCloskey & Trimble all prods???

Is there some Orange/Masonic/WASP conspiracy afoot in Irish rugby?

Can I just add that personally I dont give two hoots what religion, sex, colour or culture anyone is.

:stir:

Feck it will be like the 1798 rebellion all over again. At least if we lose this one it shouldn't end with a new Rugby Act of Union. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

by Shan » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:39 am

Feck it will be like the 1798 rebellion all over again. At least if we lose this one it shouldn't end with a new Rugby Act of Union.
I for one hope it does Shan... Act One in the Rugby Act Of Union 2016 - National head coach must pick players on form from all 4 provinces and not those he/she already knows.
Mary had a little lamb . . .
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:
Neill_M wrote:Gatland wants use of the bench for tactical reasons banned. In his view should be injury only replacements.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk
It should. Hard if not impossible to police though.
You might debate that at a stretch I suppose, but it's impractical bullshite and will never happen , just Gatland bored and running is mouth.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:

Oops. How the feck did I miss that. To be fair to me it was Baggy who posted it and shur you'd go mad if you were to read even half the ballix he posts. :lol:

G'wan ya gowling gobshite. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I hope that irrespective of who else is picked, that Henshaw is picked at 13 & is truly magnificent.

This is the vital first step of removing the 12 Henshaw 13 Payne 15 Bob catastrophe.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Italy 23:

15 David ODIETE 14 Leonardo SARTO 13 Michele CAMPAGNARO 12 Gonzalo GARCIA 11 Mattia BELLINI 10 Kelly HAIMONA 9 Edoardo GORI 8 Sergio PARISSE (c) 7 Alessandro ZANNI 6 Francesco MINTO 5 Joshua FURNO 4 Marco FUSER 3 Lorenzo CITTADINI 2 Leonardo GHIRALDINI 1 Andrea LOVOTTI

16 Davide GIAZZON 17 Matteo ZANUSSO 18 Martin CASTROGIOVANNI 19 Valerio BERNABO’ 20 Andries VAN SCHALKWYK 21 Guglielmo PALAZZANI 22 Edoardo PADOVANI 23 Andrea PRATICHETTI

Canna is injured and replaced by Haimona.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Ireland 23 confirmed - same as the "rumour" last night >EW

15. Rob Kearney 14. Andrew Trimble 13. Robbie Henshaw 12. Stuart McCloskey 11. Keith Earls 10. Johnny Sexton 9. Conor Murray 1. Jack McGrath 2. Rory Best (captain) 3. Mike Ross 4. Donnacha Ryan 5. Devin Toner 6. CJ Stander 7. Josh van der Flier 8. Jamie Heaslip

16. Richardt Strauss 17. Cian Healy 18. Nathan White 19. Ultan Dillane 20. Rhys Ruddock 21. Eoin Reddan 22. Ian Madigan 23. Simon Zebo
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Just a heads up - if you prefer watching the RTE coverage v BBC/ITV - only the Wales France game this weekend will be available via Sky/Virgin platforms. If you get RTE through freeview, you will be able to watch all 3 games.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Well done and good luck Stu. Put the fear of God into Farrell big lad. :red: :fleg: >appl
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
UlsterAreBrill
Initiate

Post by UlsterAreBrill »

Stu is brill isnt he!!
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Making your Ireland debut in Twickenham. Some step up for the lad, I'm confident he can show what he is capable of.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Buzzin.