Caaaardiff Blues v Ulster Sun 28th Feb 2:30pm BBCNI/S4C

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Rovi Snave
Warrior

Re: Caaaardiff Blues v Ulster Sun 28th Feb 2:30pm BBCNI/S4C

Post by Rovi Snave »

Cornerfleg wrote:What exactly did Reidy do wrong to not stay on?????
Was Reidy not a blood replacement for Henry - agree - should have stayed on :scratch:
Finished
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Body language from Darren Cave after he knocked on for the second time said it all. Headless, gutless chickens playing dull predictable rugby. Shameful showing. :banghead:
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Paddy's miss was a disgrace, but those tries should never have happened, long arm tackles from Stockdale.... Cmon now, that was a NEXT display if ever I saw one.

Cave I'm reluctant to highlight, by all accounts he went despite being ill, says a lot about him to take the field and not boke, or walk off. Heaven knows he's given enough to Ulster to deserve a bye ball. But I agree he looked empty, even a side as shyte as Cardiff saw this and the express way fast track lane outside him.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cornerfleg wrote:
ruckover wrote:Wow that was shocking. That was absolutely dreadful.

Inspector Browne the one shining light from that performance. Everybody else should be hanging their heads in shame.
Browne's turnovers were great, hats off, his spine in the scrum oh my dear lord deck chair...... Cancelled out his good work.

Thank Christ for a bit of sense, gushing over the Inspector who made not one hit, hit not one ruck, nor Ruckie though something clearly has, and one of his alleged 4 turnovers was actually Reidy's. Why in the name of blue Christ does the bulk of a pack who have not been roughed up in the scrum by and large quiver in the face of mighty Caaaadiff?

Nail on head Fleg. Those not seeing the problem with him because of a few turnovers are gentlemen of questionable knowledge (he said kindly).

What is correct to say is that Inspector Braaaaaaaaaaaan played well............ for him, just not like a professional second row. No wonder Franco had to come off bate out, a one man second row.

Are you people blind?

People whose heads should not hang in shame include:

Wee Sammy Arnold, the only man who even looked like breaking the line.
Sean Reidy.......... & he was removed for being the best Ulster forward on the pitch in his bit part.
Robbie Diack to an extent
Franco who did the work of at least 2 men
Ruan, not his best, not great

The rest were poor to abysmal, Cave at least had an excuse, he shouldn't have been there never mind playing almost the whole match, he was there for emergency cover.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Not the first time Baggy watched the same game I did.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
FRB
Initiate

Post by FRB »

Disorganised, soft defence, clueless decision making, poor skill levels but yet it is the lack of any fight/balls/pride that hurts me most. If Ulster lose at least go down fighting.

Mo Field and Fez stated after the Scarlets game that Ulster are soft - they were on the money with that one.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Fez would have ripped that side a new one for that display, so would Muller, even Mo..... FFS Stuarty Duncan would have clattered that shower a spanking and still had time to fix his hair!
Last edited by Cornerfleg on Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Oh How McLaughlin and Anscombe must be laughing........McLaughlin probably not, he'll be hurting as much as us fans, inspite of his shameful treatment
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
caledoniancelt
Initiate

Post by caledoniancelt »

Why would Piutau want to leave Wasps for this pile of cr+p?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rovi Snave wrote:Not singling Paddy out here, but when he missed the kick to go back to 7 ahead, for me that was he turning point in the game - heads dropped :banghead:

And we question why he is not playing for Ireland - I think that answers the question!!!

I'm at a loss as to what it's going to take to turn this team around - they've played a lot of rugby (but then so has everyone else)- do the need a rest? - would it make any difference?

Overall the majority of the players look jaded and uninterested - going through the motions.

As others have said Stockdale is out of his depth (and slow) - Scholes by far the better option (and he's going to Edinburgh by all accounts :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: )

Officially pi**ed :banghead:
Rovi, I hope you haven't bought into the notion that we have strength in depth, that is the start and the end of the issue, we don't have the ability in the squad to play with several 3rd & 4th choices in positions, never mind down to 5th & 6th choices as we were with Braaaaaaaaaaan & Stockdale.

As for young Stockdale, let's not forget he has had 4 or 5 starts and is 19, at the same stage I thought Scholes hadn't much to offer, now he's apparently targeted and going elsewhere and I'm sorry we are losing a decent looking player. I'm as unconvinced about Stockdale but he's really not the guy who should be copping load of flak, many more senior players should do that.

Offically: not surprised as I once again stated on first view of the selection. We are down to the barest of bones.

Maybe a little thought & a spoonful of reality and all the breast-beating may ease a shade. OK? Peachy.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

I had a great chat with Glocks a while back and he was saying his aim was for us to get as quick and nasty at the breakdown as Glasgow, the year before they won the league. I watched games with a new insight after he talked about what they did.... Whoever is in charge of our breakdowns has gone soft as shyte... Maybe the players don't have the skill or bloodymindedness but Toonie could get lesser endowed players to win 50/50 balls in contact.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

caledoniancelt wrote:Why would Piutau want to leave Wasps for this pile of cr+p?
It's called money ..................and besides he knows he won't be playing with most of that side when we get to the Parker Pen next season.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cornerfleg wrote:I had a great chat with Glocks a while back and he was saying his aim was for us to get as quick and nasty at the breakdown as Glasgow, the year before they won the league. I watched games with a new insight after he talked about what they did.... Whoever is in charge of our breakdowns has gone soft as shyte... Maybe the players don't have the skill or bloodymindedness but Toonie could get lesser endowed players to win 50/50 balls in contact.
Is it Clarke or Barakat?
How do either have a job?
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Russ, that is just one of life's great mysteries....
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cornerfleg wrote:I had a great chat with Glocks a while back and he was saying his aim was for us to get as quick and nasty at the breakdown as Glasgow, the year before they won the league. I watched games with a new insight after he talked about what they did.... Whoever is in charge of our breakdowns has gone soft as shyte... Maybe the players don't have the skill or bloodymindedness but Toonie could get lesser endowed players to win 50/50 balls in contact.
In that vein, I again have to say I am seriously concerned that next season Marcell Coetzee will be expected to be a one man back row and from what I saw yesterday, he needs to play a different role for Ulster, needs to get his hands dirtier, for we have not a single man to do that if Chad doesn't snap out of being gash sometime soon. I'm assuming Hendo will be in the second row on IRFU orders the bulk of the time.

With Fat NIck off, Chad off form, Roger creaking, Robbie being Safter rather than Saffer, Reidy being as yet untested at high level, we are looking pretty much lost in the back row, even with a high class addition.