Six Nations Week 3

Stuff from around the world.

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

skiboo
Novice
Posts: 203
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:11 pm

Re: Six Nations Week 3

Post by skiboo » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:48 am

Can't understand no citing for Brown except officialdom protecting their own.
While kicks when ball was on ground and "flick"back with the heel might be seen as unintentional contact it does not cover "duty of care"or more importantly for me the strike out with the boot a number of times when the ball was in Murray's arms and close to his face.

Blow in
Novice
Posts: 254
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:05 pm

Re: Six Nations Week 3

Post by Blow in » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:13 am

skiboo wrote:Can't understand no citing for Brown except officialdom protecting their own.
While kicks when ball was on ground and "flick"back with the heel might be seen as unintentional contact it does not cover "duty of care"or more importantly for me the strike out with the boot a number of times when the ball was in Murray's arms and close to his face.

"Duty of care" is a health and safety term that has been coined by the media and commentators, and jumped on by the masses IIRC its not mentioned in the laws of the game.
Brown is entitled to kick the ball well its on the floor. If Brown had been cleared out he wouldnt have been able to kick the ball, if Murray had of released the ball as he was required to do the situation wouldnt have happened.
Its rugby not feckin wendyball >flog

User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 28295
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Six Nations Week 3

Post by Russ » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:23 am

skiboo wrote:Can't understand no citing for Brown except officialdom protecting their own.
While kicks when ball was on ground and "flick"back with the heel might be seen as unintentional contact it does not cover "duty of care"or more importantly for me the strike out with the boot a number of times when the ball was in Murray's arms and close to his face.
I cite the case against Luke Marshall

User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 28295
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Six Nations Week 3

Post by Russ » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:24 am

Blow in wrote:
skiboo wrote:Can't understand no citing for Brown except officialdom protecting their own.
While kicks when ball was on ground and "flick"back with the heel might be seen as unintentional contact it does not cover "duty of care"or more importantly for me the strike out with the boot a number of times when the ball was in Murray's arms and close to his face.

"Duty of care" is a health and safety term that has been coined by the media and commentators, and jumped on by the masses IIRC its not mentioned in the laws of the game.
Brown is entitled to kick the ball well its on the floor. If Brown had been cleared out he wouldnt have been able to kick the ball, if Murray had of released the ball as he was required to do the situation wouldnt have happened.
Its rugby not feckin wendyball >flog
Making contact with the head is outlawed by the laws

Dublin4
Warrior
Posts: 1099
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:42 pm

Re: Six Nations Week 3

Post by Dublin4 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:20 pm

"Duty of care" is a health and safety term that has been coined by the media and commentators
Duty of care has been knocking around since Lord Atkin in 1932. Pray, who is my neighbour and what may I reasonably foresee? Every law student in the common law world has had to put up with learning this stuff ever since.

I think we can say that Mike Brown was in proximity to Murray and it was reasonably foreseeable that his boot would collide with Murray's head. I rest my case, m'lud.

bazzaj

Re: Six Nations Week 3

Post by bazzaj » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:52 pm

Spiffsson wrote:
Dublin4 wrote:Saturday was a master class by Joe in managing change in the 6N..
Faced with a huge shortage of starting players, five at least in the pack, he had to experiment.
The Irish defence in the first half was simply awesome in its organisation and courage. Murray goes from strength to strength.
Second half we played a good bit of rugby too and were desperately unlucky not to score two more tries.

All the new players acquitted themselves very well.
Dillane looks like another Henderson in the making. He just needs to move to a better province to round off his education in the game.
All in all, a good day at the office for Joe. Now we can turn to the easier matches with expectation and look forward to the SA tour in the summer with hopefully a full panel to pick from.
It was not a good day at the office. I just posted a note on the Munster board that I'll repeat here. Joe was unable to find a way to stop Billy Vunipola. It was 100% predictable what he was going to do and he did it with gusto. Maybe some believe he cannot be stopped, but he certainly can. Joe just did not figure out a way to do it, despite being primed up for the obvious. Smart coaching? - I don't think so.
I didn`t think it was a great game but thats no shock to some.
I like to see line breaks and skill rather than players consistently bludgeoning into one another which is the essence of the 6 nations.
They just happened to have players (or one specifically), that could do it better than we could.
Our chief bludgeoneers were missing but its where I love watching Hendo as hes different.
For such a big man he has quick feet which means he isn`t constantly plowing directly into contact with the ball.
Miss that.

User avatar
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief
Posts: 1766
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:31 pm
Location: Mooseistan

Re: Six Nations Week 3

Post by Spiffsson » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:22 pm

BaggyTrousers wrote:MexicanJose has confirmed up to a dozen from the match day 23 will be released to their provinces for this weekend ....... oh aye, and Payne is back in full training tomorrow. Wonder how he'd fancy a game at full back if we can find some 15 denier Pretty Pollys.
Bags, you know full well that Fibber will not drop R.Kearney for anything short of two broken legs. So it's Henshaw and Payne in the centre and back to normal. :sleeping:

User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 28295
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Six Nations Week 3

Post by Russ » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:02 pm

Spiffsson wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:MexicanJose has confirmed up to a dozen from the match day 23 will be released to their provinces for this weekend ....... oh aye, and Payne is back in full training tomorrow. Wonder how he'd fancy a game at full back if we can find some 15 denier Pretty Pollys.
Bags, you know full well that Fibber will not drop R.Kearney for anything short of two broken legs. So it's Henshaw and Payne in the centre and back to normal. :sleeping:
We don't even bosh as well as others

Deraless
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 4227
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:26 am

Re: Six Nations Week 3

Post by Deraless » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:02 pm

Brown was just standing there bold as brass. Some bugger shudda cut him in two (within the laws obviously).

User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 20271
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: Six Nations Week 3

Post by Dave » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:08 pm

8 stitches for Murray
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?

User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 30218
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: España

Re: Six Nations Week 3

Post by BaggyTrousers » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:49 pm

Russ wrote:
Spiffsson wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:MexicanJose has confirmed up to a dozen from the match day 23 will be released to their provinces for this weekend ....... oh aye, and Payne is back in full training tomorrow. Wonder how he'd fancy a game at full back if we can find some 15 denier Pretty Pollys.
Bags, you know full well that Fibber will not drop R.Kearney for anything short of two broken legs. So it's Henshaw and Payne in the centre and back to normal. :sleeping:
We don't even bosh as well as others
"as well as others" :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

We have not an ounce of bosh as a team.
Support the team and coaching staff. Forget the rest,BUT NEVER MOVE ON.

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN

User avatar
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 4592
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:40 pm

Re: Six Nations Week 3

Post by fuzzylogic » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:45 pm

Just killing a bit of time n youtube this morning... what Ireland wouldnt give for a 10/12/13 combo like this again. One can only dream :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1F3Xm1Cco0
Mary had a little lamb . . .

User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 28295
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Six Nations Week 3

Post by Russ » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:22 pm

fuzzylogic wrote:Just killing a bit of time n youtube this morning... what Ireland wouldnt give for a 10/12/13 combo like this again. One can only dream :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1F3Xm1Cco0
I watched some old irish highlights under EOS this week

Ireland used to play with pace! I'm shocked at how slow the NH has become

User avatar
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief
Posts: 1766
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:31 pm
Location: Mooseistan

Re: Six Nations Week 3

Post by Spiffsson » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:53 pm

Russ wrote:
fuzzylogic wrote:Just killing a bit of time n youtube this morning... what Ireland wouldnt give for a 10/12/13 combo like this again. One can only dream :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1F3Xm1Cco0
I watched some old irish highlights under EOS this week

Ireland used to play with pace! I'm shocked at how slow the NH has become
Umaga festered for years after that BOD run then finally dropped him on his head. But what about Humps snr. ? We tend to
forget how good an attacking FH he was in his prime

mea97mb
Squire
Posts: 638
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:37 am

Re: Six Nations Week 3

Post by mea97mb » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:05 pm

Spiffsson wrote:
Russ wrote:
fuzzylogic wrote:Just killing a bit of time n youtube this morning... what Ireland wouldnt give for a 10/12/13 combo like this again. One can only dream :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1F3Xm1Cco0
I watched some old irish highlights under EOS this week

Ireland used to play with pace! I'm shocked at how slow the NH has become
Umaga festered for years after that BOD run then finally dropped him on his head. But what about Humps snr. ? We tend to
forget how good an attacking FH he was in his prime
Also when was the last time we saw an irish 8 burst off the back of a scrum like that? That probably was the last time!

Post Reply