Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Six Nations Final Week

Post by Russ »

Scranner wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Scranner wrote:Team's out. At a quick glance it seems to be as last week except that Vd Flier is injured, replaced by T O'D. Schmidt has no vision.
Who would you have replaced Van der Flier with?
When I said that Schmidt has no vision, I wasn't referring to TO'D but to the fact that he has made no other changes.

After the Italian game he, almost inevitably, referred to Ireland having to play what was in front of them and claimed that it was important to beat Scotland because third place was possibility.

Surely this weekend is the time to start experimenting, to see whether McCloskey has what it takes at that level, to start Marmion, to give PJ game time, to put Payne in at 15. I could go on but what's the point?
Payne is a defensive lynchpin
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Marlergate continues. World rugby asking the 6N Bosses why no action was taken against him.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Neill_M wrote:Marlergate continues. World rugby asking the 6N Bosses why no action was taken against him.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk
As he is English
Same as brown
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

For info:

Italy:
15 David ODIETE 14 Leonardo SARTO 13 Andrea PRATICHETTI 12 Gonzalo GARCIA 11 Mattia BELLINI 10 Tommaso ALLAN 9 Guglielmo PALAZZANI 8 Sergio PARISSE (c) 7 Alessandro ZANNI 6 Francesco MINTO 5 Valerio BERNABO’ 4 Quintin GELDENHUYS 3 Martin CASTROGIOVANNI 2 Davide GIAZZON 1 Andrea LOVOTTI

16 Oliviero FABIANI 17 Matteo ZANUSSO 18 Dario CHISTOLINI 19 Jacopo SARTO 20 Abraham STEYN 21 Alberto LUCCHESE 22 Kelly HAIMONA 23 Luke MCLEAN

Ireland: 15-Simon Zebo, 14-Andrew Trimble, 13-Jared Payne, 12-Robbie Henshaw, 11-Keith Earls, 10-Jonathan Sexton, 9-Conor Murray; 1-Jack McGrath, 2-Rory Best (c), 3-Mike Ross, 4-Donnacha Ryan, 5-Devin Toner, 6-CJ Stander, 7-Tommy O'Donnell, 8-Jamie Heaslip.

Replacements: 16-Richardt Strauss, 17-Cian Healy, 18-Nathan White, 19-Ultan Dillane, 20-Rhys Ruddock, 21-Eoin Reddan, 22-Ian Madigan, 23-Fergus McFadden.

Scotland: 15-Stuart Hogg, 14-Tommy Seymour, 13-Duncan Taylor, 12-Alex Dunbar, 11-Tim Visser, 10-Duncan Weir, 9-Greig Laidlaw (c); 1-Alasdair Dickinson, 2-Ross Ford, 3-Willem Nel, 4-Richie Gray, 5-Tim Swinson, 6-John Barclay, 7-John Hardie, 8-Ryan Wilson.

Replacements: 16-Stuart McInally, 17-Rory Sutherland, 18- Moray Low, 19-Rob Harley, 20-Josh Strauss, 21-Henry Pyrgos, 22-Peter Horne, 23-Sean Lamont.

England: M Brown; A Watson, J Joseph, O Farrell, J Nowell; G Ford, D Care; M Vunipola, D Hartley, D Cole, M Itoje, G Kruis, C Robshaw, J Haskell, B Vunipola.

Replacements: L Cowan-Dickie, J Marler, K Brookes, J Launchbury, J Clifford, B Youngs, M Tuilagi, E Daly.

France: S Spedding; W Fofana, G Fickou, M Mermoz, V Vakatawa; F Trinh-Duc, M Machenaud; J Poirot, G Guirado, R Slimani, A Flanquart, Y Maestri, D Chouly, B Le Roux, L Goujon.

Replacements: C Chat, U Atonio, X Chiocci, P Jedresiak, W Lauret, S Bezy, J Plisson, M Medard.

My predictions - Wales, Ireland and England. Italy playing their 4th 10 of the tournament - Canna and Padovani injured, Haimona not starting for whatever reason.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Man for man that Scotland side shiites all over Mexico
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

Preaching to the converted Baggy. However it would appear your hotline to D4 has been cut.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

If the money in the 6 nations "pool" is split in relation to where you stand in the table then Joe is not going to experiment . D4 won't allow that especially when non of the Provinces are in the play offs in the SDC.

This game is about money not experimenting to please the serfs
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

The IRFU don't do experimentation Rummy. It's anathema to them. "Steady now" should be their motto.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Is the plan to experiment on the summer tour and in the autumn series maybe? But come on, if you can't throw 1 or 2 newbies into Italy or Scotland at home then something is seriously wrong...
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Snipe Watson wrote:The IRFU don't do experimentation Rummy. It's anathema to them. "Steady now" should be their motto.
I blame Deloitte
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

againstthehead wrote:Is the plan to experiment on the summer tour and in the autumn series maybe? But come on, if you can't throw 1 or 2 newbies into Italy or Scotland at home then something is seriously wrong...
The only experimentation will be Canada

And by experimentation, it will be 100% rookie team playing so we will learn nothing
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

mid ulster maestro wrote:Preaching to the converted Baggy. However it would appear your hotline to D4 has been cut.
It's never been the same since Deccie was gassed, our mutual friend has been cut from the loop. Poor old Squiffy.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
caledoniancelt
Initiate

Post by caledoniancelt »

Russ wrote:Man for man that Scotland side shiites all over Mexico
I couldn't have put it better.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Russ wrote:
againstthehead wrote:Is the plan to experiment on the summer tour and in the autumn series maybe? But come on, if you can't throw 1 or 2 newbies into Italy or Scotland at home then something is seriously wrong...
The only experimentation will be Canada

And by experimentation, it will be 100% rookie team playing so we will learn nothing
We can afford to lose to SA and NZ without losing ranking points. We cannot risk losing to Canada, so I think plenty of conservatism will endure. And as every fraction of a point could count come December, we may find Australia will remain a 'Must-not-lose-or-draw' game (that's known as a 'must-win' game outside IRFU circles).
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Joe says in this morning's papers that he will decide if he wants to stay in Ireland after the SA tour. I guess being called names on this site has nothing to do with his deep thinking. Filthy lucre may be more relevant....

I take it everyone in Ulster wants rid of him, but my question is, who do you wish to be his replacement? What fresh qualities will the new coach need to bring?