Glasgow v Ulster Fri 25th March 19:35 BBC NI/BBC ALBA/TG4

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

stev1eG
Novice

Re: Glasgow v Ulster Fri 25th March 19:35 BBC NI/BBC ALBA/TG

Post by stev1eG »

That hurt. A lot.
Glasgow have the most dispicable fans. Ingracious in victory, and every other way. Very unlikeable.
Lacey was, putting it mildly poor, and maybe inept.
But overall, Ulster are not very intelligent - especially P Marshall. Basic skills missing - see Residy who I though was doing OK but Scholes also not good enough.
2 mistakes and a bit cost us.
I was hoping for a bonus point. I would rather we were stuffed. Bet you we get comments about signs of improvement. I would rather Charles and Marcel had something to play for rather than the money.
That hurt! But deserved?
Rovi Snave
Warrior

Post by Rovi Snave »

Sorry - team played well but when you're also playing against a referee who's taking a b**g then what chance do you have.

"I'm happy with the pass" - well of course he is - it was forward but it suited his purposes - he had the opportunity to go to the TMO but didn't because he knew the try would be disallowed!!!!!!! Totally changed the game

TBH I'm about as angry after a rugby match as I've ever been - don't mind losing fair and square but that wasn't the case tonight!!

If I were Kiss I would be livid!!

And don't get me started on the number of un penalised high tackles on Olding :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Finished
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

stev1eG wrote:That hurt. A lot.
Glasgow have the most dispicable fans. Ingracious in victory, and every other way. Very unlikeable.
But overall, Ulster are not very intelligent - especially P Marshall. Basic skills missing - see Residy who I though was doing OK but Scholes also not good enough.
I was hoping for a bonus point. I would rather we were stuffed. Bet you we get comments about signs of improvement. I would rather Charles and Marcel had something to play for rather than the money.
That hurt! But deserved?
p was on 3 minutes

The scrum penalty was Warwick and Diacks fault

Their bench killed us off as we knew it Their
turko
Novice
Location: Exiled but heart remains at the cathedral on match day

Post by turko »

I am fracking furious. Lacey couldn't referee the break down of a car. Absolute idiot.

The Scots (in rugby terms) have become an abomination they seem to hate everybody but think everybody likes them. Not so lads I am afraid.

That aside two tries tonight that possibly should not have been awarded. The first was the worst, why didn't the TMO check the possible forward pass - the question was 'any reason not to award the try' so they should have checked the pass to Hogg. I haven't seen a good angle but he one I did see on the TV looked forward, but it wasn't even checked. Hard to take. Why do we have a TMO if these things aren't checked.
The second try I really want to see if Seymour was on side from the kick,I think it's 50:50 at best. That said it don't go to TMO so you take it on the chin as Lacy is sh**.

What is worse for me I had to listen to bbc Alba (am on holiday in Wales) anyone would think Scotland are as good as New Zealand at rugby. They have been last or second last in the six nations for just about the last 15 years. Can't remember when they were last in the top 8 of world rugby but hey don't let these mundane facts get in the way of their prowess.....

Feck off to where you belong Scotland. Let Georgia in they are better than you.......
turko
Novice

Post by turko »

stev1eG wrote:That hurt. A lot.
That hurt! But deserved?
A massive 6800 of those huge Glasgow fans turned out tonight on a holiday day to a top of the table clash when there has been a week off. Clearly rugby in Scotland is in the up as we are constantly being told by anyone who is asked in the media.

No matter how much the media try and tell me that rugby in Scotland is great I know the facts => They are old school haven't moved with the times and are sh** with hardly any people who really watch the sport on a regular basis. Isn't in time for Georgia to replace them????
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Got into a good position early second half, despite not having a lot of ball. Bad 5 mins turned the game - after that best we were going to get was a LBP. We had it, then some pretty stupid play in the last couple of mins... you know the rest.

Less said about Lacey, the better... injury outlook for aoc and nick not looking rosy.

Did some numbers I reckon we need 2 more wins to get top 6. Top 4, well Glasgow are there now with Leinster and Connacht as they still have 3 games v the Italian teams who were so good tonight :roll: Ulster need 4/4 and then see what happens..
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

Interestingly Scottish Bbc have Glasgow in the top 4 already, don't read the match report its worse than Lacey and a forward pass.
pg106
Initiate

Post by pg106 »

So frustrated with that final 20 minutes. The endless turnovers at the break down, PJ playing so deep he could have been scuba diving in marianas trench, Diak flying in straight off his feet and giving away the penalty and a back three that were completely uncomfortable under the high ball and inept in defence. This team has zero intelligence, such a stupid and brainless capitulation.
ADM
Initiate

Post by ADM »

erajady
Novice

Post by erajady »

Mmmmmm

Take a good look at some of the hateful mean self/other loathing comments on here and wise up! Life Is too short.

No if buts and maybes Glasgow were the better team.

Very Tough run in you have , but it is in your hands ? Peg back Connacht and Leinster and stiff Zebra?

Good luck in the run in
turko
Novice

Post by turko »

Joe Schmo wrote:Interestingly Scottish Bbc have Glasgow in the top 4 already, don't read the match report its worse than Lacey and a forward pass.
Sadly read it Joe, wish I had read your post first which might have stopped me from doing so. Now even more hacked off. Like I said the media currently think Scottish rugby is up there with NZ so hey let's not let any facts get in they way of this good story.....
I am still voting for Georgia.......
Jockster
Squire

Post by Jockster »

Cheer up!! Now watching Springwatch--watching weemen and kids on a beach picking up wet wipes and f@nny pads so that a Gannet can reproduce makes me realise how lucky i really am.

Eek!! There is now a frog orgie!!! Have to say those male frogs could teach us a thing or two.....
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Well that was slightly depressing. What happened Gilroy? Made a great break and threw it on the floor. Simple 2 on 1.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

erajady wrote:Mmmmmm

Take a good look at some of the hateful mean self/other loathing comments on here and wise up! Life Is too short.

No if buts and maybes Glasgow were the better team.

Very Tough run in you have , but it is in your hands ? Peg back Connacht and Leinster and stiff Zebra?

Good luck in the run in
Well done for playing a game of rugby, we haven't seen too much of it this season at Ulster so that will explain the grumpiness. Probably having Lacey ref it and Hogg denying us the lbp (which I thought we deserved) has caused all the mean comments. It's just the Welsh I hate and Glasgow and Connacht deserve their top 4 spots this season, so good luck yourselves, I'll take 4 from 4 but with no Nick Williams or Aoc (return of Browne anyone?) I don't see it
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

Dave wrote:Well that was slightly depressing. What happened Gilroy? Made a great break and threw it on the floor. Simple 2 on 1.
Not so simple if you're dumb as dirt.