Glasgow v Ulster Fri 25th March 19:35 BBC NI/BBC ALBA/TG4

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

WeegWarriors
Novice

Re: Glasgow v Ulster Fri 25th March 19:35 BBC NI/BBC ALBA/TG

Post by WeegWarriors »

turko wrote:I am fracking furious. Lacey couldn't referee the break down of a car. Absolute idiot.

The Scots (in rugby terms) have become an abomination they seem to hate everybody but think everybody likes them. Not so lads I am afraid.

That aside two tries tonight that possibly should not have been awarded. The first was the worst, why didn't the TMO check the possible forward pass - the question was 'any reason not to award the try' so they should have checked the pass to Hogg. I haven't seen a good angle but he one I did see on the TV looked forward, but it wasn't even checked. Hard to take. Why do we have a TMO if these things aren't checked.
The second try I really want to see if Seymour was on side from the kick,I think it's 50:50 at best. That said it don't go to TMO so you take it on the chin as Lacy is sh**.

What is worse for me I had to listen to bbc Alba (am on holiday in Wales) anyone would think Scotland are as good as New Zealand at rugby. They have been last or second last in the six nations for just about the last 15 years. Can't remember when they were last in the top 8 of world rugby but hey don't let these mundane facts get in the way of their prowess.....

Feck off to where you belong Scotland. Let Georgia in they are better than you.......

So bitter, not our fault you follow a 2 bob outfit who buckle under the pressure in big games so you have to find excuses for them.

We've actually won silverware recently. >seeya

Worst province in Ireland :lol:
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

WeegWarriors wrote:
turko wrote:I am fracking furious. Lacey couldn't referee the break down of a car. Absolute idiot.

The Scots (in rugby terms) have become an abomination they seem to hate everybody but think everybody likes them. Not so lads I am afraid.

That aside two tries tonight that possibly should not have been awarded. The first was the worst, why didn't the TMO check the possible forward pass - the question was 'any reason not to award the try' so they should have checked the pass to Hogg. I haven't seen a good angle but he one I did see on the TV looked forward, but it wasn't even checked. Hard to take. Why do we have a TMO if these things aren't checked.
The second try I really want to see if Seymour was on side from the kick,I think it's 50:50 at best. That said it don't go to TMO so you take it on the chin as Lacy is sh**.

What is worse for me I had to listen to bbc Alba (am on holiday in Wales) anyone would think Scotland are as good as New Zealand at rugby. They have been last or second last in the six nations for just about the last 15 years. Can't remember when they were last in the top 8 of world rugby but hey don't let these mundane facts get in the way of their prowess.....

Feck off to where you belong Scotland. Let Georgia in they are better than you.......

So bitter, not our fault you follow a 2 bob outfit who buckle under the pressure in big games so you have to find excuses for them.

We have some silverware actually and some lovely crystal.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Doing ourselves no favours here boys and girls. Well beaten by the better and mentally stronger team. Worst province is right. Suck it up rather than being whinging weeuns
Exterminate all rational thought
skiboo
Novice

Post by skiboo »

Lacey was hard to play against tonight reminds me of the Ulster home match against Lienster at RDS when he stuffed us there. If I remember correctly Paddy Jackson nearly had his head removed from his shoulders result- no card red yellow zilch.!!!!!
WeegWarriors
Novice

Post by WeegWarriors »

Remaining Fixtures for top 6, still pretty tough to call.

Connacht - Leinster (H), Ulster (A), Munster (H), Treviso (A), Glasgow (H)

Leinster - Connacht (A), Munster (H), Edinburgh (H), Ulster (A), Treviso (H)

Scarlets - Ospreys (A), Cardiff (H), Glasgow (H), Dragons (A), Munster (A)

Munster - Leinster (A), Connacht (A), Edinburgh (H), Scarlets (H)

Ulster - Connacht (H), Zebre (A), Leinster (H), Ospreys (A)

Glasgow - Treviso (A), Zebre (A), Scarlets (A), Zebre (H), Connacht (A)
turko
Novice
Location: Exiled but heart remains at the cathedral on match day

Post by turko »

Dave wrote:
WeegWarriors wrote:

We have some silverware actually and some lovely crystal.
Yip at that Sliverware winning Glsgow team where just jam lacked full of Scotsmen. Well done Glasgow and all 200 of your fans wee dead proud of you too.
Move over you are getting in the way of Romania and Georgia
austintranslation
Novice

Post by austintranslation »

We've bottled it again. They were there for the taking and we screwed it up. So so so deflating. Please just end the season now.

On a slightly more positive note, it was great to see Hendo back.
Jockster
Squire

Post by Jockster »

I really try to like the Jocks-in fact there are many that I have met who are great people. I think the similarity we have is that there is always at least one bitter and twisted wee a$$hole that spoils things for everyone else.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Give it a rest with the whinging. The better side won. We are fragile and can't play a referee to save our lives. ...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Crusoe
Novice

Post by Crusoe »

It really does look like all we have to play for now is finishing above Munster. That has to be priority 1 - if we could somehow manage an away win on the last day of the regular season that would be great, but even beating Connacht and Leinster at home looks hugely problematic given the headspace these players are in.
turko
Novice
Location: Exiled but heart remains at the cathedral on match day

Post by turko »

Cockatrice wrote:Give it a rest with the whinging. The better side won. We are fragile and can't play a referee to save our lives. ...
You are of course absolutely right. Apologies from me if I was whinging. Was just really frustrated after the game and the commentary on bbc Alba didn't help me. Anyway wine has helped and I have now come to my senses.

Bottom line is We aren't good enough. I reference beagle coming on and his final play, says it all I am afraid.

we ain't winning anything this season. Let alone getting into the top 4. So let's not get carried away with ourselves, we will end up the worst province in Ireland this season. Depressing.....

That said whatever happens I am still proud to be and follow the ulstermen :red: :fleg:
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

I normally go out of my way to lambaste posters who blame referees for our defeats. Not tonight I'm still apoplectic. Not just because we were screwed over by Lacey tonight, but because of what it is doing to the game.

ps don't engage with WeegWarriors, it probably Russ.
Last edited by Snipe Watson on Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

WeegWarriors wrote:

Yep pure class there, pi$$ away off to your own board if you've nothing constructive to add.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Wee Woman wrote:
WeegWarriors wrote:

Yep pure class there, pi$$ away off to your own board if you've nothing constructive to add.
This probably is his board.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

of course we got screwed

Why did we rest our Internationals -- maybe the management knew we get screwed ?

The penalty count is enough to identify the fact also where and when but In part Ulster made it easy for Lacey too many players being too eager to go for the extra metre and beyond the support.

That's the moan over .

Glasgow are a better side than most are willing to admit although their game is based round 3 players The two second rows and their out half and the supporting roles go to the back three.

Without Big Nick in the second half Ulster were always going to suffer because the wind meant the ball had to played out of defence rather than kicked plus Glasgow have possibly the one of the best back three combinations in the league.

Ulster defended well and attacked well but got themselves blown off the park and losing possession to easily.

While Ulster were not good under the high ball to be honest i don't think either side were and that fact may be down to the wind and the heavy ground conditions.

As a friend of mine has said while Ulster are refereed by munster refs away from home and Welsh refs at home they have little chance of winning anything easily.

I hope Ulster ask for the Glasgow man to be cited and I await to see the punishment for stamping
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist