Glasgow v Ulster Fri 25th March 19:35 BBC NI/BBC ALBA/TG4

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: Glasgow v Ulster Fri 25th March 19:35 BBC NI/BBC ALBA/TG

Post by justinr73 »

222toHounslow wrote:Shyt pitch, shyt stadium, shyt support.
Not sure about the third one. They made a fair amount of noise, not that they had many Ulster fans to drown out.
turko
Novice
Location: Exiled but heart remains at the cathedral on match day

Post by turko »

Snipe Watson wrote:I normally go out of my way to lambaste posters who blame referees for our defeats. Not tonight I'm still apoplectic. Not just because we were screwed over by Lacey tonight, but because of what it is doing to the game.

ps don't engage with WeegWarriors, it probably Russ.
Agree snipe, most refs are consistent in their decisions. But Lacey is like chaos, he knows when something isn't right at the breakdown but just not what it is. So the decisions become random. How on earth does a team play that?????
Like you I don't like to blame the ref but it's hard not too this evening.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

The frustrating thing is we are better than this, I just don't know what's going on. Was the instruction tonight to rectify our traditional slow starts in each half? We did this admirably, came out like a bull out of a gate. We just forgot the other 30 mins. Then when we got behind we started to string some play together. We need more consistency. Some of the guys are capable of the sublime and we had more clean breaks tonight than in a while but just seemed to self destruct.
Then concentration levels drop. A botched exit strategy, puts us on the back foot and under pressure just after a score. Paddy's ko doesn't go 10. Reidy drops a gimme under no pressure.
We are equally capable of the downright moronic. Diack's late penalty (though kick was missed) was incredible: straight into position, text book, turnover ball aaaaaaaand fall over on your own without being cleared out. Just lie there holding on to the ball for good measure!

So the first try was a mile forward. I was shouting it even before Hogg's chip through and was certain it was coming back. One of Oldings clothes line tackles was 5m out under the posts and he was somewhat annoyed himself but it doesn't excuse the repeated turn-overs, playing 1 man rugby and running about like a mini- team with no plan or structure. How did we even go 80 mins without a yellow? We were warned at half-time and didn't change. We probably did more good things than Glasgow but unfortunately way way more bad things too.

Ack I'm just fed up after that. No mission of play-offs. I hope Coetzee is cocky enough to be able to come straight into that team and be able to stand them in a huddle during breaks and rip some of them a new one. Just disappointed to have to suffer the ocassionally sublime and frequently ridiculous week on week.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

Where is Baggy?

Has he had a stroke?
It's the hope that kills you.
austintranslation
Novice

Post by austintranslation »

It would be the Ulster way to now go out and play incredibly and put ourselves back in contention only to screw it up in the last game of the season against the Ospreys.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

WeegWarriors wrote:
turko wrote:I am fracking furious. Lacey couldn't referee the break down of a car. Absolute idiot.

The Scots (in rugby terms) have become an abomination they seem to hate everybody but think everybody likes them. Not so lads I am afraid.

That aside two tries tonight that possibly should not have been awarded. The first was the worst, why didn't the TMO check the possible forward pass - the question was 'any reason not to award the try' so they should have checked the pass to Hogg. I haven't seen a good angle but he one I did see on the TV looked forward, but it wasn't even checked. Hard to take. Why do we have a TMO if these things aren't checked.
The second try I really want to see if Seymour was on side from the kick,I think it's 50:50 at best. That said it don't go to TMO so you take it on the chin as Lacy is sh**.

What is worse for me I had to listen to bbc Alba (am on holiday in Wales) anyone would think Scotland are as good as New Zealand at rugby. They have been last or second last in the six nations for just about the last 15 years. Can't remember when they were last in the top 8 of world rugby but hey don't let these mundane facts get in the way of their prowess.....

Feck off to where you belong Scotland. Let Georgia in they are better than you.......

So bitter, not our fault you follow a 2 bob outfit who buckle under the pressure in big games so you have to find excuses for them.

We've actually won silverware recently. >seeya

Worst province in Ireland Image
100% agree Weeg!
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Snipe Watson wrote:I normally go out of my way to lambaste posters who blame referees for our defeats. Not tonight I'm still apoplectic. Not just because we were screwed over by Lacey tonight, but because of what it is doing to the game.

ps don't engage with WeegWarriors, it probably Russ.
Go and feck yourself

I have one alter ego who i haven't logged in to for 4 years and think he may be banned

Shug the bee
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

justinr73 wrote:
222toHounslow wrote:Shyt pitch, shyt stadium, shyt support.
Not sure about the third one. They made a fair amount of noise, not that they had many Ulster fans to drown out.
It's obvious your definition of good support differs from mine. I quite like fans who actually know the laws of the game. To be fair, this never stopped Lacey become a professional referee.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Today is a new day, I am not going to blame the players one bit. The brad pitt starts at the top, management have to have a look at themselves

Where is it going wrong, do we have the right coaching set up, is it stale, is it good enough, we need some umph put into it.

In my humble opinion there is an issue , a culture maybe that is not the standard for a professional management at this level.

Kiss I believe in.
Cunningham I believe in
Honest Joe, decision not made yet, but I feel he is being held back from his real role.

The rest , I don't think have it. Time for change

Th CEO is exactly that, don't like the man, but it's time for him to make executive decisions. He may know fèck all about rugby but if he wants to prove his doubters wrong, it's time to lead, and taking it out on the players is not leadership.

That, last night was poor, end off. There was 23 players out there last night good enough to beat that team, but when it came to the pointy end, it just was not there. The will was not there from the collective, has belief gone? Why?
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

rorybestsbigbaldnoggin wrote:Where is Baggy?

Has he had a stroke?
Said he'd be in absentia for this one.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cockatrice wrote:Give it a rest with the whinging. The better side won. We are fragile and can't play a referee to save our lives. ...
Impossible for us to play Lacey, he got the scoreline he wanted tonight
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Our two remaining home games will decide whether we make the Champions' Cup next season. If they go according to plan then our game against the Ospreys will decide whether we make the top four.

All is not lost but we sure are making things hard for ourselves.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

big mervyn wrote:
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin wrote:Where is Baggy?

Has he had a stroke?
Said he'd be in absentia for this one.
Away to get some sunshine on his old crumbling bones :duck:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

We should replace Doak with Eddie o'sullivan. It's a shame there is a coach of his standard not involved in the game.

Replace Barakat too.

As for this top four talk... dream land stuff. I'd take top six if offered it now cause I'm worried we won't even make that!
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Ulster must be the only team where it is a disadvantage to have an Irish referee.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!