Glasgow v Ulster Fri 25th March 19:35 BBC NI/BBC ALBA/TG4

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Re: Glasgow v Ulster Fri 25th March 19:35 BBC NI/BBC ALBA/TG

Post by ruckover »

thecrouch wrote:Replace Barakat too.
Why? Our defence was excellent last night until it was unlocked by a forward pass and an excellent piece of individual skill.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

Really Poor performance. Once NW and to a lesser extent AOC went off we were badly shown up for effective forward pack ball carriers. Franco couldn't wait to pass as soon as he got it, contrast this to GRAY who got Glasgow over the gainline all the time. Ridiculously conceded penalties, compounded issues....diack and Henry's being the blatant of the lot. RP continues to underperform compare to previously high levels. PJ is clearly still learning, and it's games like this and Cardiff/Scarlets he needs to guide the team though successfully...he's no sexton, but the potentials there.
The defence was really poor again. Whether it is illness etc, we have missed JP and Cave in the midfield because we have been tom kite defence wide out wide.
Forget the playoffs we don't deserve to be there. I'm not convinced we'll qualify for the SDC unless kiss puts a rocket up their arses.
I'd be down south trying to poach another back rower from Leinster....Ryan's article in the Indo saying a lack of game time is cheesing him off means maybe there is an opportunity to get someone worthwhile.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Our midfield defence has been superb, in fact Cave has been very poor this season and is correctly behind Marshall in the 13 pecking order, IMHO.

Ulster pack will be our downfall yet again, ever since Muller, wannenburg and Afoa left it has been below average.

Diack has shown again why he should only ever be a squad filler.
Dan Dare
Squire

Post by Dan Dare »

I would not put the last pass to Hogg down as forward and to be honest the try for McCloskey could have been questioned. I would not blame Lacey for this loss. We were just not good enough. One of my main gripes is the state of thon pitch ! You watch the S15 rugby earlier and then you watch the game being played on that beach. Not fit for purpose.
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Dan, have you got a wonky picture on your telly?

The pass to Hogg was at least a yard forward!!!!
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Time for another sermon kofi... not from you but the preacher man.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Russ wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:I normally go out of my way to lambaste posters who blame referees for our defeats. Not tonight I'm still apoplectic. Not just because we were screwed over by Lacey tonight, but because of what it is doing to the game.

ps don't engage with WeegWarriors, it probably Russ.
Go and feck yourself

I have one alter ego who i haven't logged in to for 4 years and think he may be banned

Shug the bee
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Super bants :thumleft:
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dan Dare wrote:I would not put the last pass to Hogg down as forward and to be honest the try for McCloskey could have been questioned. I would not blame Lacey for this loss. We were just not good enough. One of my main gripes is the state of thon pitch ! You watch the S15 rugby earlier and then you watch the game being played on that beach. Not fit for purpose.
It was forward, and McCloskey took the ball less than 5 metres from touch so it should have been called back.
Article
Initiate

Post by Article »

Very frustrated watching that. It was a very entertaining game, hard to be neutral, but both teams played really good risky rugby....better team won but thought we deserved a bonus point at least...no major issue with ref...a lot Warrior support are good rugby people but the have a cabal that boo and chant cheat at everything that doesnt go there way....learnt that from the Newport fans ...not nice aspect of rugby but most of them don't know the game and are recent recruits ...hopefully they will cop on some day...Warriors will make the final
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Think some of us need to look closer to home for all our inadequacies rather than blame the referee or the opposition team and supporters, last season in the play off game I had the unfortunate pleasure of meeting some unsavoury Glasgow supporters, I'm also glad to say I met infinitely more good ones who were more than helpful and knowledgeable off the game. Unfortunately in the last couple off seasons going to Ravenhill I have met more chubes than in the previous 20+ years of going. No the problem with Ulster Rugby is a total and utter lack of leadership on and off the pitch, a coaching ticket that are out of their depth, a skills coach and a forwards coach who should be sacked ASAP and if not sacked they should have the courage to admit that they're not good enough and resign forthwith and a DOR who is nothing more than a D4 stoogie, they have managed to take a province who were in the top 6 teams in Europe to now being the 5th best team in Ireland. >6shooter had his faults but I'd have him back tomorrow instead of the dross we have know, Maybe the senior players didn't like his style but a good kick up the backside is what this group of players need and deserve. As for the Glasgow team, last night proved that professional rugby players can play every week and put in a performance, seriously if Best, Payne the 15 and Trimble had of been on the bench we would have had a better chance of getting a result, but no the Keystone cops give them the night off will every other team in the league re-integrate their internationals back into the matchday squad :duh: :duh: :banghead: :banghead: Back to the players themselves, mentally frail who need a Johanne Muller to lead them, poorly coached who need a Matt Sexton/Rob Penney to coach. If Marcell Coetzee and Charles Piutau were not at Ravenhill next season neither would I......signed, disgusted at Lisburn
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Rooster wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin wrote:Where is Baggy?

Has he had a stroke?
Said he'd be in absentia for this one.
Away to get some sunshine on his old crumbling bones :duck:
Norn Irn doesn't take Holy Week seriously enough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHXrm7UN4lc

I'd Happily take 6th in the Pro12 right now.

Diabolical decisions aside, you have to give the Weegies credit for clawing themselves back into contention after losing most of the team to the RWC and 6N, and 2 postponed fixtures. >appl
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

big mervyn wrote:
Rooster wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin wrote:Where is Baggy?

Has he had a stroke?
Said he'd be in absentia for this one.
Away to get some sunshine on his old crumbling bones :duck:
Norn Irn doesn't take Holy Week seriously enough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHXrm7UN4lc

I'd Happily take 6th in the Pro12 right now.

Diabolical decisions aside, you have to give the Weegies credit for clawing themselves back into contention after losing most of the team to the RWC and 6N, and 2 postponed fixtures. >appl
Weegies are the best team in the league. They were better than us, but the Hogg try was a psychological kick in the head when we were holding on well with much better defensive line speed.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Also bear in mind Glasgow were missing three players who would have featured (Allan/Grant, MacArthur, Horne) while we were missing seven (Best, Herbst, Tuohy, Payne, Trimble, Bowe, Ludik). That makes a huge difference.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Our best back three is still Bowe, Trimble and Payne. Bowe not back yet but the other two were not selected. Les needs to understand that we need our best players on the pitch especially away from home and against the best team in the league.

After playing against Nakawara for however many seasons we still have no idea how to deal with him.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Yeah but they're still coached by clowns
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.