The "band"

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

promenader
Novice

Re: The

Post by promenader »

Cockatrice wrote:Look to the common jobless people over at Windsor and see how to create an atmosphere... put us to shame must be our grammar school upbringing...
You're comparing apples with pears and I for one am glad I'm in with the apples. The day Ten German Bombers or the theme to the Dam Busters or the Bouncey comes to Ravenhill is the day I send my season ticket back.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

promenader wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:Look to the common jobless people over at Windsor and see how to create an atmosphere... put us to shame must be our grammar school upbringing...
You're comparing apples with pears and I for one am glad I'm in with the apples. The day Ten German Bombers or the theme to the Dam Busters or the Bouncey comes to Ravenhill is the day I send my season ticket back.
Having never heard of "Ten German Bombers" I foolishly looked it up & now hate Saracens even more. :thumleft: Result.

As for the Bouncey, I'm far too aged and riddled with pains for that bullshite. That leaves the Dambusters, I know all about Barnes Wallace & his ingenuity but as for sporting application, I think I'll remain ignorant, there is only so much hatred for Saracens one man can cope with. :D
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Might I suggest that any of you of reproductive age might purchase this choice item for your progeny?
Sarries.jpg
Sarries.jpg (40.63 KiB) Viewed 1271 times
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: The "band"

Post by Russ »

They gone then?
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Still there but a lot less noticeable. I thought they did well.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Jackie Brown wrote:Still there but a lot less noticeable. I thought they did well.

Yep, better.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Wee Woman wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:Still there but a lot less noticeable. I thought they did well.

Yep, better.
Taking our "constructive" >EW criticism on board? :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I thought the band were outstanding, possibly their best performance of the season.

As for the new music when we score a try, magic, I was doing a one man bouncy in my seat. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

All in all, musical heaven today.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Have to agree. The band seemed to pick up the occasion with much more sensitivity than usual and once or twice they started and we all followed.. I'm not yet convinced about the post-scoring music but more than willing to give it a go.
austintranslation
Novice

Post by austintranslation »

Post scoring wise, I like the Blur song that they sometimes play, haven't the foggyist what was played today.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

austintranslation wrote:Post scoring wise, I like the Blur song that they sometimes play.
Song 2

I'd like to here the brass ensemble giving that one a go :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BackOfTheStand
Novice

Post by BackOfTheStand »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I thought the band were outstanding, possibly their best performance of the season.

As for the new music when we score a try, magic, I was doing a one man bouncy in my seat. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

All in all, musical heaven today.
Thank you kind sir, you are obviously a man of good taste. Well that's another rugby season over and the marching season just beginning. :fleg:
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

How less annoying are the band when you've had a drink and your team is walloping the banditos, found myself clapping along to "I'll tell me ma" near the end.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Have said it before when Ulster are playing well the band and thon eejit Sparky are bearable (pardon the pun) though that chube from Q radio still makes me cringe every time he opens his mouth, seriously leave the kids and the coaches alone and let them enjoy their 10 minutes in peace and another thing spend 5 minutes before the game learning how to pronounce the oppositions names :duh: On the subject of the minis yesterday a special mention to the kids, parents, coaches and everyone else who helps with those special needs teams to bring us some much enjoyable entertainment, Outstanding >appl >appl >appl
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Team announcement was back to the cringeworthy again yesterday with mispronunciation of both Kearneys and the attempt at Nacewa was atrocious.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right