Ravenhill capacity

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderator: Moderators

twiglet
Initiate

Ravenhill capacity

Post by twiglet »

I thought the new stadium was designed to have a capacity in excess of 18000 to allow the final of the Pro 12 and also the ERC quarter finals to be played. The Leinster match was a 'sell-out' for the past couple of weeks and yet the crowd seems to be about 17000. Does this mean that we have a new maximum capacity?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ravenhill capacity

Post by Russ »

Two different numbers released too

16500 on Sky
17300 official from UR
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Sell-out does not mean full attendance. You'll obviously have a few season ticket holders who can't make it and some who buy tickets and then can't make it.

Ravenhill's capacity is 18,100. So if UR's attendance is correct then only 800 didn't make it to the game. That's pretty good.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Rem99
Initiate

Post by Rem99 »

http://www.ulsterrugby.com/news/15441.php#.WCNabPmLQdU

Sighting of an official operating capacity of 18000. Probably first time capacity sounds about right and ties in with Munster sellout of 17629, with 371 intelligent souls not bothering to turn up! :red: :red: :red:
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

At least they are looking for someone who is focused on quality for this one. Presumably that wasn't mentioned in the Mount Charles tender.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk