2016-17 Champions' Cup Qualification

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: 2016-17 Champions' Cup Qualification

Post by Rooster »

Pimpmac wrote:I see the weekends have been announced for the Champions Cup matches but does anyone from memory know when the specific dates/opposition and locations are confirmed. I have a few weekends to sort and keen to know when is the earliest I will likely be able to do that.

Many thanks :D :red: :fleg:
Normally 3rd week of July they give order of matches last year gave dates and times in mid August
The Pro12 matches were announced on 17th July last year
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Pimpmac
Initiate

Post by Pimpmac »

Brilliant Rooster thanks for that info
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Rooster wrote:Clermont is either Lyon or Geneva as nearest airports.
Paris also an option for Clermont. Train to Clermont takes around 3.5 hrs. A train from Lyon to Clermont is less than 3 hrs. Car hire also an option.
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

With the pro12, EPL and Top 14 fixtures all released & the Football fixtures also for those shared grounds situations also Yavailable it is hard to understand the continuing delay in the SDC fixtures especially as they are the ones with the potentially difficult travel arrangements.
Has the carrier pigeon service to Genieva broken down entirely ?

What has happened to the more efficient service promised or are they waiting to announce the promised New Sponsors who are currently missing ?
I suppose with the current English and French TV deals the sponsors are a lot less relevant.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Aird wrote:With the pro12, EPL and Top 14 fixtures all released & the Football fixtures also for those shared grounds situations also Yavailable it is hard to understand the continuing delay in the SDC fixtures especially as they are the ones with the potentially difficult travel arrangements.
Has the carrier pigeon service to Genieva broken down entirely ?

What has happened to the more efficient service promised or are they waiting to announce the promised New Sponsors who are currently missing ?
I suppose with the current English and French TV deals the sponsors are a lot less relevant.
Do you honestly think they give a single feck on your or anyone elses travel arrangements ?
As for new sponsors :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: They will do well to keep some of their current ones
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

It appears I may have to give one or two minor fecks. I am persuaded by friends that as this is my last season as a regular, we must all go to bloody Exeter. :duh: :roll: :banghead:

I'll be doing my best to be underwhelmed, nay .........bored by the whole shemozzle.

Now if they get their lazy Swissassed arsess into gear a chap might get to grips with the logistics.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
10 or 15 only
Initiate

Post by 10 or 15 only »

I see from last year the fixtures, times etc were revealed on the 14th Aug so here's hoping we may hear in the next few days.
Plan the calendar accordingly, at least for the first 4 games.
They are so bloody slow esp. for the final 2 games.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

10 or 15 only wrote:I see from last year the fixtures, times etc were revealed on the 14th Aug so here's hoping we may hear in the next few days.
Plan the calendar accordingly, at least for the first 4 games.
They are so bloody slow esp. for the final 2 games.
A wee birdy told me next week for release of fixtures, dates, times and tv coverage for first four rounds and weekends for last 2 as usual then the day and time for rounds 5 and 6 will be announced in the week following the 4th round when BT and Sky decide which matches they want to show and at what time.
Some people won't be happy with the running order but hey that's the way the SDC works.
Rory Best
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Don't these idiots know we've got flights to book?!

We're going to the extreme lengths of buying a flat in Belfast at the moment as the season tickets didn't get much use last year....
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

justinr73 wrote:Don't these idiots know we've got flights to book?!

We're going to the extreme lengths of buying a flat in Belfast at the moment as the season tickets didn't get much use last year....
They don't give a feck about your flights or plans.
Rory Best
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Apparently there will be a European shirt this year. Rumours on social media, that Bordeaux away is in round 1.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Neill_M wrote:Apparently there will be a European shirt this year. Rumours on social media, that Bordeaux away is in round 1.
That of itself is interesting - if you give a rat's fart about the SDC. I had assumed Exeter & Clermont would have been the back to bacl of choice for the Englaisie leaving us to see too much of Quiff in a fortnight than would be less than a lethal dose.

Question is then, who do we get for the back to back, Exeter or Clermont? My money's on Clermont as I suspect they wouldn't want the all-French as the back to back, though of course I could be whistling Dixie.

Of course that assumes you are correct about Bordeaux up first.

God be with the days of SKY only coverage whe you knew they wanted us home first on the Friday night, something like 9 times on 10 years.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Heard rumour 3rd hand...Bordeaux away points to a similar set up to last season which would ASM in Dec and Exeter away in Jan.

Only guess work based on a rumour...

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

The last Euro shirt was the blue one a few years back?

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Neill_M wrote:The last Euro shirt was the blue one a few years back?

There is a video of Ruan, Luke & Darren visiting Terry Jackson at Kukri & Darren remarks on having seen the European shirt so seemingly there will be one.

Exeter have had some horrendous ones yellows, pinks, blues, Clermont, yella or white, Bordeaux, claret navy & white the usual combo. Any money on red?