Ulster vs Dragons Friday 2nd September

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

MCBwinwinwin
Initiate

Re: Ulster vs Dragons Friday 2nd September

Post by MCBwinwinwin »

Dry up BT, Ah You is more than capable and Warwick can cover 20 mins.

In the backrow Diack, Wilson and Reidy should be able to manage. Worst case scenario Reidy isn't available and we get a look at one of the young guys who ave apparently been doing well in preseason.

We have enough backs capable of kicking that we should be able to play a game of hoof ball until play breaks up and Piatau etc get a go at them if we are struggling at the breakdown. It might not be pretty but it should be enough to get the season started with a win.

With every respect to the Dragons we should have enough in reserve to get a win so it is the perfect chance to give the young guys a run. There is a lot of complaining about lack of SID maybe this is the chance to start developing it, especially with Treviso being the round 2 opposition.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
DaiJamesGwentDragon
Novice

Post by DaiJamesGwentDragon »

Our pre season has been a mystery: beat Cardiff by 12 despite being 31 points up at half time. And lost to EALING from the English championship; with us playing an A team. Really if we come within 12 points then it will be a miracle.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Pre seasons never count for much. Different game when it means something.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

MCBwinwinwin wrote:Dry up BT, Ah You is more than capable and Warwick can cover 20 mins.

In the backrow Diack, Wilson and Reidy should be able to manage. Worst case scenario Reidy isn't available and we get a look at one of the young guys who ave apparently been doing well in preseason.

We have enough backs capable of kicking that we should be able to play a game of hoof ball until play breaks up and Piatau etc get a go at them if we are struggling at the breakdown. It might not be pretty but it should be enough to get the season started with a win.

With every respect to the Dragons we should have enough in reserve to get a win so it is the perfect chance to give the young guys a run. There is a lot of complaining about lack of SID maybe this is the chance to start developing it, especially with Treviso being the round 2 opposition.

We shall see about that, I hope I'm proven wrong about him though. One fit dedicated TH is in no way enough though.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Dai - welcome to the forum :thumleft: so far you have been a much nicer guest than Ospreylian and ScarletsMun put together, that makes you a good'un in my book.

I am still aware of how close last year's game was at Ravenhill. Given it's the first game of the season, I'm not willing to say we will win this comfortably. We should, but I'm not betting that we will.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
DaiJamesGwentDragon
Novice

Post by DaiJamesGwentDragon »

I was actually in Dublin for the 6 nations Ireland Wales game watching that game will around 20 dragons fans, never thought we'd have been that close to a result so was gutted to lose that! Summed up our season so many bonus point defeats in the last few minutes home and away. 1st game of the season; could be a good thing for us but then again we will be rusty and we aren't the best even when firing on all cylinders
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

MCBwinwinwin wrote:Dry up BT, Ah You is more than capable and Warwick can cover 20 mins.

"A chance to develop SID" oh grow up. :banghead:

Another season dead in the water, stalled on the starting blocks, up on a ramp with the axles up on breeze blocks, trophy cabinet gathering more dust.

FFFS I'm as gay as the next man but I refuse to be entirely optimistic. Season over and these bästard mozzies are playing hell with my temper. Warren Gatland.
Last edited by fermain on Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: "Language Timothy"
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

ruckover wrote:Dai - welcome to the forum :thumleft: so far you have been a much nicer guest than Ospreylian and ScarletsMun put together, that makes you a good'un in my book.

I am still aware of how close last year's game was at Ravenhill. Given it's the first game of the season, I'm not willing to say we will win this comfortably. We should, but I'm not betting that we will.

Point of order Ruckie...... Dai does indeed seem a gent but I require proof that Ospreylian and Scaaaaaletsmun are actually Welsh and not some Richard here playing silly basterds. Besides I miss Liam Williams, he seems a good bloke too and there was another Scaaaaalets bloke whose name I shamefully forget who was quality.

Don't let Russ's infantile sleeeeeeeegin' of the Welsh affect your judgement.

No disrespect Dai.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

BaggyTrousers wrote:FFFS I'm as gay as the next man
What's the third F for Baggy? That's the 2nd time I've seen you use that recently. Am I losing touch wid da yute or is it a gay thang?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:

you silly little boy. You know nothing. "A chance to develop SID" oh grow up. :banghead:

Another season dead in the water, stalled on the starting blocks, up on a ramp with the axles up on breeze blocks, trophy cabinet gathering more dust.

FFFS I'm as gay as the next man but I refuse to be entirely optimistic. Season over and these bästard mozzies are playing hell with my temper. Warren Gatland.
You just saving time?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:FFFS I'm as gay as the next man
What's the third F for Baggy? That's the 2nd time I've seen you use that recently. Am I losing touch wid da yute or is it a gay thang?
It stands for Fir Fùcking Fücks sake. It means I'm not just pished off, I'm feckin' fûcked off.

It tends to come out when I'm being devoured by tiger mosquitos and am spending vast amounts of Mrs Merkel's euros on remedies and preventatives none of which are worth gnat's pish.

The supreme irony is that two of the females in my company are bitten as much if not more than me but no angry giant red lumps for them, no yellow crusty tops where they have almost gouged holes in their skin, no they sit outside drinking wine whist I retreat to the aircon and massive tin of insecticide feeling as sore as a basterd on Father's Day, holding two ice bottles on the worst of the engorged lumps. FFFS.

Mind you it could well be gay, I mean, I'm certainly just as gay as you or Snipe. >EW why deny it, nothing to be ashamed of.

And yes Snipe I am. :thumleft:
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Me and Mrs BM both get the angry red itchy lumps followed by the weeping crusty tops yet my daughter doesn't. Must be exposure at a younger age or summat :scratch:

I find wipes are better than spray because you're less likely to miss a bit. Slightest chink in the armour and the wee barstewards are in. Highest concentration of deet you can get and reapply if you're losing a lot of gravy. Still always manage to get a few bites though.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
MCBwinwinwin
Initiate

Post by MCBwinwinwin »

Lol, BT still thinks he's the big swinging Richard around here. In fairness when I said opportunity to develop SID I didn't mean to suggest that there was an element of choosing.

That said we have a relatively soft start to the season so it's not the end of the world if they mess up. However if they do perform well it will be a massive boost for the rest of the season.

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

MCBwinwinwin wrote:Lol, BT still thinks he's the big swinging Richard around here. In fairness when I said opportunity to develop SID I didn't mean to suggest that there was an element of choosing.

That said we have a relatively soft start to the season so it's not the end of the world if they mess up. However if they do perform well it will be a massive boost for the rest of the season.

Dropping points to scrubber sides is a disgrace

There are only 3 good sides in this so called league fffs
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:Me and Mrs BM both get the angry red itchy lumps followed by the weeping crusty tops yet my daughter doesn't. Must be exposure at a younger age or summat :scratch:

I find wipes are better than spray because you're less likely to miss a bit. Slightest chink in the armour and the wee barstewards are in. Highest concentration of deet you can get and reapply if you're losing a lot of gravy. Still always manage to get a few bites though.
Trouble is Merv, I'm in a villa half way up a bloody mountain with a perfect breeding ground for the vicious ballixes. I have tried just about every product available locally, my arms are a mass of bites and what looked like a great spot is getting on my wick, can barely wait for Saturday to get out of here and retire to a hotel, probably mozzie infested for a couple of days. If it was up to me I'd cut my losses and find a hotel at the coast but there are three other supposed adults with us and they seem quite happy to spend a week scratching and itching. :shock:

Worst "holiday" ever, not doing a lot for my mood as one or two may have noticed.