What annoys people????

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: What annoys people????

Post by Snipe Watson »

Shan wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Sweating like a docker's armpit. 39 degrees FFFS. I need beer.
The sister was in Lanzarote last couple of weeks and said it was tipping 45 degrees. That type of heat is fecking crazy, even for old lads like you who need a bit of heat to keep the blood circulating. :D
47.2 in Death Valley week before last. Nae bother to me, the aircon in the car was going full pelt. :thumleft: No self respecting Celt can be out in that kind of weather.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Feckin Engerlish media lumping NI in with their (England + Welsh annex) terrible GCSE and A level results.

As usual we whipped their collective Brexit voting, Team GB supporting, small minded asses. We may have been shyte at th'Olympics but at least we're not as thick as pig excrement.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Shan wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Sweating like a docker's armpit. 39 degrees FFFS. I need beer.
The sister was in Lanzarote last couple of weeks and said it was tipping 45 degrees. That type of heat is fecking crazy, even for old lads like you who need a bit of heat to keep the blood circulating. :D
47.2 in Death Valley week before last. Nae bother to me, the aircon in the car was going full pelt. :thumleft: No self respecting Celt can be out in that kind of weather.
I can cope with that no problem, have coped with 52 without the aircon >crazy1 8)
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

:lol: Noticed that myself; well said Big Merv! :cheers:
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Setanta wrote::lol: Noticed that myself; well said Big Merv! :cheers:
... and the supreme irony: their results would be even worse if it wasn't for the kids of immigrants substantially bolstering the grades achieved by the stereotypical young British white male. :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Shan wrote:

You were lucky. :shock:

I've driven through Death Valley twice. First time 52 C the next time 55C down in Stovepipe Wells. 30 yard walk into the shap was almost unbearable. I bought 2 eggs in Lone Pine but they just congealed, you could not describe they as cooked.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

But you did still eat them?
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Tighter End wrote:But you did still eat them?
That would be a no. Left it for a deserving critter.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Shan wrote:

I've driven through Death Valley twice. First time 52 C the next time 55C down in Stovepipe Wells. 30 yard walk into the shap was almost unbearable. I bought 2 eggs in Lone Pine but they just congealed, you could not describe they as cooked.
Had a quick look for the lone pine in question, didn't spot it. quirky wee spot. looks like a film set. At least Big Pine has some big pines.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Shan wrote:

Had a quick look for the lone pine in question, didn't spot it. quirky wee spot. looks like a film set. At least Big Pine has some big pines.
The clue is in the name, Snipe. Yin Pine and some bollix felled it. :lol:

It was indeed a home for the movies and mostly they were shot in the nearby Alabama Hills including some early John Wayne westerns before the Gouldings persuaded Sean O'Fearna (aka John Ford) to film in Monument Valley.

The Duke stayed at the Dow Motel on the main - more or less only - street. I drove there from Yosemite and spent the night in the salubrious Best Western before descending the Panamint Range into Death Valley next morning.

That is about the height of it, other than there is/was a waitress in the Indian Trading Post restaurant who could apply the warmest and most sincere tone to "you're welcome" that throwaway nothing Seppo statement. Lovely lady...... unlike a certain old bitch at Bryce Canyon, but maybe I'll keep that one for another day :lol:
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:

It was indeed a home for the movies and mostly they were shot in the nearby Alabama Hills including some early John Wayne westerns before the Gouldings persuaded Sean O'Fearna (aka John Ford) to film in Monument Valley.

The Duke stayed at the Dow Motel on the main - more or less only - street. I drove there from Yosemite and spent the night in the salubrious Best Western before descending the Panamint Range into Death Valley next morning.

That is about the height of it, other than there is/was a waitress in the Indian Trading Post restaurant who could apply the warmest and most sincere tone to "you're welcome" that throwaway nothing Seppo statement. Lovely lady...... unlike a certain old bitch at Bryce Canyon, but maybe I'll keep that one for another day :lol:
Well they should have planted a new one or else renamed it No Pine Anymore. False advertising.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Snipe Watson wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

Well they should have planted a new one or else renamed it No Pine Anymore. False advertising.
It's a bit like sevenoaks becoming one oak
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Rooster wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

It's a bit like sevenoaks becoming one oak
It's actually Eightoaks now :scratch:
Big Neville Southall
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Ahh, from little acorns
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

I always get confused going to the Four Trees in Moira at Xmas time.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk