Pre Season Fixtures

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Pre Season Fixtures

Post by Rooster »

damianmcr wrote:
Russ wrote:
damianmcr wrote:
Russ wrote:
pip14 wrote:Pukka Pies back at Ravers this season Russ?
Check the bins Saturday morning
The septic tank?
Have they fixed trap 2?
Let me consult with Daithí McKay and I'll get back to you
Was Jamie in twap 2?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

What? Ya mean there's no Cauliflower Burgers with Avacado, quinoa salad?
It's gonna be a long hard season.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Looks like a tighter end might be needed !!

or if long and harder -- some cascara !!!!
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Cracker
Squire

Post by Cracker »

On a rough estimate we are down 13 first team players for this game so what is the point. Surely it would have been better to give them even a very limited involvement to help them gain match fitness. The Irish protection of players is getting really silly when we cannot play people like Gilroy or Reidy who had very limited involvement on the tour.
I know of two families who are rugby mad and between them bought 10 tickets for this game who are so angry they are saying never again. They did not expect to have to watch what is close to a second string Ulster team play a virtual full strength Northampton team who have no problem playing their Internationals and while I am fully aware that the English set up is different it is all getting a bit ridiculous and doing the very fringe internationals no good whatsoever.
For myself as a season ticket holder I will give tonight's rather pointless game a miss. Glad I didn't waste money on 10 stand tickets like my friends.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Rooster wrote:Was Jamie in twap 2?
Jamie says Peter Robinson was responsible for Twap 2 ... although Sammy Wilson says Carál Ní Chuilín told him to say that >EW
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Cracker wrote: I know of two families who are rugby mad and between them bought 10 tickets for this game who are so angry they are saying never again. They did not expect to have to watch what is close to a second string Ulster team .........
If they're rugby mad, how did they not realise what sort of side Ulster would be putting out for this?

Are they simply mad and enjoy an occasional rugby match?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Well aye, it's a preseason match, they're always like this. They should be glad at least they'll get to see Piutau. I on the other had am looking forwards to seeing Angus Lloyd and Herring for the first time.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

damianmcr wrote:
Russ wrote:
pip14 wrote:Pukka Pies back at Ravers this season Russ?
Check the bins Saturday morning
The septic tank?
Is Emeric back?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cracker wrote:On a rough estimate we are down 13 first team players for this game so what is the point. Surely it would have been better to give them even a very limited involvement to help them gain match fitness. The Irish protection of players is getting really silly when we cannot play people like Gilroy or Reidy who had very limited involvement on the tour.
I know of two families who are rugby mad and between them bought 10 tickets for this game who are so angry they are saying never again. They did not expect to have to watch what is close to a second string Ulster team play a virtual full strength Northampton team who have no problem playing their Internationals and while I am fully aware that the English set up is different it is all getting a bit ridiculous and doing the very fringe internationals no good whatsoever.
For myself as a season ticket holder I will give tonight's rather pointless game a miss. Glad I didn't waste money on 10 stand tickets like my friends.
Cracker, I hate to say this, but they really need to wise up. Maybe cast your mind back and think when Ulster had anything close to a full team preseason, especially following a RWC year topped off with a 3 game SH tour. Their expectations were imbecilic to be as kind as possible.

Being less kind, you'd be doing the gene pool a favour if you went in the dead of night and torched their houses, thus preventing further spread of the stupid gene which is currently blighting the planet.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

I would have thought it was a bonus with Northampton sending their best players. Looking forward to it now, especially if this weather keeps up.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Joe Schmo wrote:I would have thought it was a bonus with Northampton sending their best players. Looking forward to it now, especially if this weather keeps up.
Yes. We are privileged to be able to see the next Lions captain in all his glory. Hope he gets the respect he deserves :lol:

Must say, I would be reluctant to part with £15 for a glorified training session, if it wasn't included on the ST.

Still got a spare if anyone can use it.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cracker
Squire

Post by Cracker »

The reply to you all is very simple. They are VERY VERY new to Ulster rugby encouraged by the total keenness and love of rugby of their young kids and simply were not aware of what usually happens in Ulster friendlies as far as team selection is concerned.They cannot really afford to go to all the games and I have advised them to keep their very hard earned dough for the big ones.
Hope that is clear.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

I saw your posts cracker and assumed our team was complete pony on the back of it packed with academy players.

Its not too bad at all and a first opportunity to see Cp make his home debut against good quality oppo is worth the entrance fee in itself.
Don't see what the fuss is about really.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Tbf the pack is more or less what we had for most of last season especially with Chad, Hendo, Herbst and Rory missing.
For the life of me can't understand why Kyle and Treadwell are on the A's? And what's happened to Donnan?
Exterminate all rational thought
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

For anyone interested.....Saints and Sinners for tonight.
15 Ben Foden
14 Ken Pisi
13 Luther Burrell
12 Harry Mallinder
11 Ahsee Tuala
10 Stephen Myler
9 Lee Dickson
1 Alex Waller
2 Dylan Hartley
3 Kieran Brookes
4 Michael Paterson
5 James Craig
6 Tom Wood (capt)
7 Jamie Gibson
8 Louis Picamoles

Replacements
Campese Ma’afu, Mikey Haywood, Paul Hill, Courtney Lawes, Jordan Onojaife, Reece Marshall,Lewis Ludlam, Sam Dickinson, Nic Groom, JJ Hanrahan, Howard Packman, George Pisi, Juan Pablo Estelles,Tom Collins, George Furbank

In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.