Ulster vs Dragons Friday 2nd September

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster vs Dragons Friday 2nd September

Post by Dave »

It would be disappointing if Reidy is on the bench. I'm sure he hasn't forgotten how to play rugby. With Reidy on the bench Rea would most likely be left out (depending on how the bench is setup). This would be a wasted opportunity in terms of developing a player in an injury hit area. Clive Ross is a hard working player but has to be a break glass option.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

ruckover wrote:I would be very surprised if any of the Ireland guys came straight back into the line-up. Not saying it won't happen, I just find it unlikely.
It happened a few times last season. I believe Hendy and Rory both came straight in. If Ludik is out, I'd put Olding in and Reidy is a proper 7, Clive is a 6 doing a job.
We'll hopefully have Ruan too which will sharpen things up a bit.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Ulster vs Dragons Friday 2nd September

Post by rumncoke »

Dai If spending time before the game in the City centre and wanting a meal and drink head to the Morning Star the menu can be seen on line and the Steaks come recommended

With a group of five ask the staff to order a taxi the cost person would similar if not cheaper than the bus about £ 1/50 each

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

rumncoke wrote:Dai If spending time before the game in the City centre and wanting a meal and drink head to the Morning Star the menu can be seen on line and the Steaks come recommended

With a group of five ask the staff to order a taxi the cost person would similar if not cheaper than the bus about £ 1/50 each

Wouldn't be a bad idea at all rummy
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

As I've said till death on here whilst we have Clarke coaching our pack will struggle against any streetwise seasoned pros.
We can exist on parity with the quality of outside backs which have excelled since the arrival of Kiss but by at the moment our front five are going backwards- literally.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Bazzaj, while in no way a fan of Clarky, I can assure you that the scrum with a plethora of youngsters against Canada didn't go back and against Saints it didn't go back either, it's not the tight 5 that's the worry.
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
10 or 15 only
Initiate

Post by 10 or 15 only »

On a different tact, there are a lot of tickets available for this Friday night.
I think UR would have expected more sold at this stage esp. with new signings on view.
Is it because it's the Dragons?
Do non ST holders know the "A" team is not available?
Maybe it's just the place to seen!!
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rooster wrote:
rumncoke wrote:Dai If spending time before the game in the City centre and wanting a meal and drink head to the Morning Star the menu can be seen on line and the Steaks come recommended

Heard Made in Belfast was better tbh
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Anyone at the A game, how did Treadwell fair out? Haven't heard much chat about him.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Russ wrote:
Rooster wrote:

Heard Made in Belfast was better tbh
Made in Belfast is well overrated imo. I've eaten in both. Decent enough grub, but nowt special and feckin chips in a tin cup - hate that sort of nonsense. In that price range I'd go to Scalini.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

bazzaj wrote:As I've said till death on here whilst we have Clarke coaching our pack will struggle against any streetwise seasoned pros.
We can exist on parity with the quality of outside backs which have excelled since the arrival of Kiss but by at the moment our front five are going backwards- literally.
I'd love to know what evidence you have for that Baz? I don't like him as a person, I fond him to be rather unpleasant in any dealings I've had with him. As he's a cranky wee tube with poor man management skills, but otherwise as a coach, he's reported to be very good.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

We had a meal ( not first choice ) in the revamped Northern Whig and it was surprisingly good. The closed the old place down earlier this year and the closure got rid of their 'Clientele'
It's a much better crowd now, but our visitors need to be aware of the traffic chaos which builds up around Spanners anywhere close to kick-off. Not to mention the ever increasing length of Onlsow...
My own OCD will have me heading up the road, straight from work. Showers and food are overrated.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Living close to Kingspan I haven't a clue as to what Friday night traffic is like now .

If young you could walk from the city centre to ravers in about 35 minutes . Ormeau road Park Road Ravenhill Ave . Basically the time to be at the ground depends on the tickets - if terrace you want to be at the ground earlier to get a reasonable place .

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

rumncoke wrote:Living close to Kingspan I haven't a clue as to what Friday night traffic is like now .

If young you could walk from the city centre to ravers in about 35 minutes . Ormeau road Park Road Ravenhill Ave . Basically the time to be at the ground depends on the tickets - if terrace you want to be at the ground earlier to get a reasonable place .

Exactly 35 mins from the Ibis budget according to my map.

Eat a pastie supper on the way :thumleft:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Time based on experience walked it a few times walking could be quicker than the bus when the Belfast came to a stand still with a bomb scare .