Ruan - Crapola Vu all over again

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Silverstu
Initiate

Re: Ruan - Crapola Vu all over again

Post by Silverstu »

Feel gutted for Ruan and I think it is incredibly short sighted by the IFRU. We have a couple of prospect 9s in the academy and sub academy apparently but both are way off being ready for pro rugby. Keep Ruan for another year and that gets Stewart through the academy system and physically able to take on pro rugby, as well as learning from a world class 9. I hope Loyd turns out to be decent, I don't think Shanahan is good enough and beagle as first choice ...
I'm glad that Ulster have come put and stated how hard they wanted to keep Ruan, the IRFU can carry this one.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Either Les knows more about our scrum halves than we do or the IRFU actively want us to fail. Honestly, I suspect it is the latter.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

It is no surprise that the likes of Marty Moore, Ian Madigan etc sign contracts away from the IRFU if this is how they treat players, especially ones committed to the provinces.
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rovi Snave wrote:Gutted for Ruan and personally really peed off :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

He has just retired from International Rugby and we get him for one more year :duh:

My understanding is he wanted to finish out his career with Ulster!!! :red:

Feck the IRFU - I feel a boycott of all things Irish International Rugby coming on >threaten
I'd love to join you Scrumptious but I've already been doing it for several years.

It makes no sense, Nucifackpot himself said they wanted high class players as NIQs who would be available all year ......... then this piece of feckwittery, ballsology and arsefoonery. I hope said Nucifora gets run over by a bus very soon. Incompetent arrogant sheepworrying Aussie who is in the wrong hemisphere currently.

I'm a tad cross.

It's all very well saying, you've had him for 7 years when he finishes this season but why destroy a team when the guy meets every criteria Nucifeckbollix has laid down .........and then some, his example as a pro & a person is obviously huge at Ulster.

Then if we look at the fact that Ruan turned down huge money to stay with Ulster & the IRFU reward him by chasing him out of the country????????? My father used to say, "you can't help being a basterd by accident of birth, but you have to work at being a dastard". Nucifackpocket is the Dick of all Dastards:

Denies Ulster a Saffer 2nd row who could have been a project, allows Munster to sign one.
Shows Ruan the door but welcomes Nacewa back to Leinster even though he had shown his loyalty to Ireland by leaving the country as soon as he retired.
Allows Leinster to sign a second rate 9 so he can chase Ruan out of Ulster.
Tells Erasmus to look for a replacement for Saili, denies Ulster a temporary replacement for Marcell.

ONE LAW FOR ULSTER - CARTE BLANCHE FOR THE REST. FOCK the IRFU, they will never see a euro of my money other than the pounds spent at the ULSTER branch.

I propose an angry mob visit D4 (who deleted the angry mob emoticon?)
angrymob.jpg
angrymob.jpg (79.71 KiB) Viewed 642 times
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
The Boo Radleys
Warrior

Post by The Boo Radleys »

Has the Just Giving page for Ruan's wages started yet?

#saveruan

:fleg: :fleg: :fleg:
The six most dangerous words in the English Language - Your reward will come in Heaven...
LUMBERJACK
Novice

Post by LUMBERJACK »

STUPIDl STUPID STUPID . It is our overseas players who have largely been responsible for dragging us into Europe and semi-finals over the last few years , it is playing at this level that improves players and instills belief in squads I dont for instance think PJ would be the player he is now in the absence of Ruan. I think that the loss of ruan without a replacement of the same quality leaves such a huge hole in the side that we will really struggle next year . Paul Marshall and Dave Shanagan work hard but just dont have the presence on the pitch. Players can be brought through the academy systems but I think the only really start to learn when the get to play against the other top teams in big games. It seems crazy to force Ulster into a position where the talent we have isnt going to get this exposure for who knows how long just so that we can provide a third choice scrum half for the Ireland squad.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

I'm putting out a rumour in Dublin that Nucifora is actually a Hutch in disgiuse and he is moving into the Columbian laughing dust trade.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Mac
Chancellor to the King

Post by Mac »

IRFU Statement On Ruan Pienaar Contract
Inpho
In response to a number of media queries following Ulster Rugby's announcement regarding Ruan Pienaar this morning, the following statement has been issued by the IRFU.

David Nucifora, IRFU Performance Director, stated, "The IRFU recognises the contribution that Ruan Pienaar has made to Ulster Rugby over the seven year period he will have been with the province, however the IRFU informed Ulster Rugby during the 2015/16 season that it would not sanction a further extension of his contract.

It is vital for both Ulster and Irish rugby that the province develop indigenous talent in this position and an extension of Ruan's contract would further prevent Irish qualified Ulster players from maximising their developmental potential and becoming stars for both Ulster and Ireland."
http://www.irishrugby.ie/news/37891.php#.V8bH1mD2bIU

...........in other words "lets not get into any real detail here".
Last edited by Mac on Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
If You Have To Ask....You Don't Understand
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

In fairness to Munster, their TH situation and Nucifora refusing them a signing there isn't too dissimilar.
Rovi Snave
Warrior

Post by Rovi Snave »

Interesting quote from Shane Logan - "I, personally, will miss having him around Kingspan Stadium, but I am looking forward to seeing what he will deliver for us over the course of this season, and the door is open for a return in the future."

And Les Kiss - “Our hope is that he will one day return to the province to continue to have a positive impact on rugby in Ulster.

What exactly does that mean - he can come back after he is finished with his next contract???

Can anyone else interpret this ?
Last edited by Rovi Snave on Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Finished
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Amiga500 wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:As for this crap many of you are talking about "not bringing through a scrum half", sadly this highlights not only your lack of knowledge of Ulster rugby but also Irish Rugby. You struggle to bring through what isn't there, silk purses are not made from sow's ears.
Disagree to a large extent there skinny jeans.

It is painfully obvious to all that Paul Marshall is somewhat brainless on the pitch. What tuition he has been receiving has been entering one ear, and flying straight out the other. He has never learned that he needs to be aware of whats around him before he gets to a ruck so he's 90% of his decision making done before he ever puts hand to ball.

If we'd got shot of him early on and had 3 or 4 kids there that received the same tuition, patience and gametime - who knows where they'd be.

All of Ian Porter, Dave Shanahan and Michael Heaney were at or near beagle's level - yet were significantly younger, had significantly less experience behind them and were without the same track record of not learning from mistakes. Why were they ditched and Marshall retained?
Horseshite. Much as I am not a fan of Marshall, he is streets ahead of that catalogue of dross you mention, he simply hasn't the rugby smarts to apply his talent as effectively as he might....... and that pass .........

That apart, show me some hint of talent available to Ulster in the position and I may reconsider awarding you clownshoes.

I the meantime, these will look well on you................
cs.jpg
cs.jpg (28.85 KiB) Viewed 644 times
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Nightsoil
Warrior

Post by Nightsoil »

*calm voice*

Looks like we'll be going west to poach a scrum-half sooner or later then as there's SFA else ready made available.

*end of calm voice*

The IRFU decision is that of a drooling moron.

This is not going to help Ulster deliver a quality scrum-half. Ulster's failure to develop a successor to Pienaar doesn't mean that the theory isn't solid. Its generally better for a young scrum-half to be eased in with a top quality mentor than it is to be thrown in at the deep end.

In the meantime, it will utterly banjax Ulster and hinder our ability to make the most of our outstanding backline. We could deliver Ireland's backline entire for the next five years (could, not should or will) but removing Pienaar puts everyone's development there back.

Nothing about the decision makes sense. He's the perfect NIQ for Irish rugby and while stocks are low at the moment, every other province has a strong option or two developing. Its just blinkered following of an idiotic ideology, given to Irish rugby by an Aussie reject.

Boils my pi$h. I can just about get them denying us a NIQ lock so we have to advance AOC, Treadwell and Thompson (except we do have an NIQ lock) but there's no one there ready at 9...
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Mac wrote:Image
IRFU Statement On Ruan Pienaar Contract
Inpho
In response to a number of media queries following Ulster Rugby's announcement regarding Ruan Pienaar this morning, the following statement has been issued by the IRFU.

David Nucifora, IRFU Performance Director, stated, "The IRFU recognises the contribution that Ruan Pienaar has made to Ulster Rugby over the seven year period he will have been with the province, however the IRFU informed Ulster Rugby during the 2015/16 season that it would not sanction a further extension of his contract.

It is vital for both Ulster and Irish rugby that the province develop indigenous talent in this position and an extension of Ruan's contract would further prevent Irish qualified Ulster players from maximising their developmental potential and becoming stars for both Ulster and Ireland."
http://www.irishrugby.ie/news/37891.php#.V8bH1mD2bIU

...........in other words "lets not get into any real detail here".
IRFU clearly unhappy about being made to look like the bad boys in all this - diddums.

They are doing a pretty good job of pi$$ing off all the provinces, good work Mr Nucifora, good work >#
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Horseshite. Much as I am not a fan of Marshall, he is streets ahead of that catalogue of dross you mention,
horlix. They are pretty much at the same standard.

Anyhooo - I have the best interim solution we'll get. We need to sign Peter Stringer.
Last edited by Amiga500 on Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

Anyone know a t-shirt printer who could knock out 18000 'Nucifora out' t-shirts before Friday?