In fairness to Ruan...

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

In fairness to Ruan...

Post by Cornerfleg »

Hes a bit special isnt he.....
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Re: In fairness to Ruan...

Post by Joe Schmo »

Cornerfleg wrote:Hes a bit special isnt he.....
2 from 5? Call that special?ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Aye alright, he is! Well done Ruan!
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Feck fleg it's like I'm dreaming.
Seriously wtf is going on?

To have a player of that quality on our shores is an absolute privilege and the IRFU is abusing that priviledge.
Shame on you feckers.
SHAME SHAME SHAME!
You are not worthy to kiss the man's boots.

Apologies to Ruan but at least you might understand now how sh1te we are at politics.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

The man is the epitome of modesty, he does his talking on the pitch and has always looked a little uncomfortable with the lime light..... But i swear when he scored and pumped his fist onto the badge i near had a tear in my eye.... Plenty has been said and will be said.... But that moment there spoke volumes about what Ulster means to him and what he means to us...
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Anybody sign the petition at the ground? I assume it's a waste of time but at least it gives a wee vent to our frustration.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

solidarity wrote:Anybody sign the petition at the ground? I assume it's a waste of time but at least it gives a wee vent to our frustration.
Sadly completely pointless Image but I did enjoy 2 of the banners tonight. The Ulster Says No banner was class Image
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Tonight was the first time in the history of badge-slapping that the slapping of a badge was both appropriate and approved of by me.

Ruan Pienaar, Ulster legend.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Deraless wrote:Tonight was the first time in the history of badge-slapping that the slapping of a badge was both appropriate and approved of by me.

I could not agree more >appl
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Deraless wrote:Tonight was the first time in the history of badge-slapping that the slapping of a badge was both appropriate and approved of by me.

I could not agree more >appl
I could. It's a thing I hate as it's usually scumbag thickos who do it but tonight it was perfect.
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

In fairness to Ruan...

Post by Wee Woman »

His post match interview was difficult for him, he's truly devastated.

'I love this Club and I love this City' ah man
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

Wee Woman wrote:His post match interview was difficult for him, he's truly devastated.

'I love this Club and I love this City' ah man Image
now I'm sad.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

The badge slapping was tough. Im gutted Ruan is leaving. He's a special player but he loves it here. His life is here, his family, his work etc.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

I still live in hope that someone can do something. This is more than just rugby, this is forcing a man to leave his home.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Pimpmac
Initiate

Post by Pimpmac »

I have had so many thoughts about this all week and the legends performance and after match interview just cermented it for me. I'm disgusted at the IRFU's decision this week and an ashamed to be part of it - on the basis of my hard earned pays for those feck faces. I will never ever ever attend another Ireland match and and only wish that the money I pay for my 2 season tickets that I buy every year (there is only one of me) would go to Ulster and Ulster alone.

The man is a legend and no one deserves this treatment given what he has given to UR. Shame on the IRFU!! I can guarantee that unfortunately in the not too distant future it is decisions such as this that will ensure that I am currently watching the demise of Ulster Rugby and Irish rugby as a force given the decisions such as this by people that actually have no clue and see this sport as a commodity and no longer understand the fact that it is the fans that feed it.

feck em, just wish I was a billionaire that could buy UR and could tell them to do one!!
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Pimpmac wrote:I have had so many thoughts about this all week and the legends performance and after match interview just cermented it for me. I'm disgusted at the IRFU's decision this week and an ashamed to be part of it - on the basis of my hard earned pays for those feck faces. I will never ever ever attend another Ireland match and and only wish that the money I pay for my 2 season tickets that I buy every year (there is only one of me) would go to Ulster and Ulster alone.

The man is a legend and no one deserves this treatment given what he has given to UR. Shame on the IRFU!! I can guarantee that unfortunately in the not too distant future it is decisions such as this that will ensure that I am currently watching the demise of Ulster Rugby and Irish rugby as a force given the decisions such as this by people that actually have no clue and see this sport as a commodity and no longer understand the fact that it is the fans that feed it.

feck em, just wish I was a billionaire that could buy UR and could tell them to do one!!
I was thinking about this. Suppose some rich benefactor offered to pay Ruan's salary, would the IRFU ruling still stand? I think it would since they supply overall funding to Ulster and have a policy on developing Irish players, and so, seem to rule the roost in all the provinces. I'd just as soon see things revert to the old system where the provinces are independent and the IRFU does not have centrally-contracted players or total control over the provinces. This seems to work well enough in other countries where the national Union is not all-powerful and international players are not "rested" and pampered to the n th degree.
Ruan Pienaar has given his best playing years to Ulster and established a family life here over several years, only to get kicked out on his arrse by some fekking Australian administrator who should not even have a job in Irish rugby. And why? What Irish SH is going to replace him at Ulster? There is nobody on the books at present. This means signing an Irish SH from another Province. Who? What Province? When? Can the IRFU force players to move between Provinces? I don't think so.