Bordeaux v Ulster

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Bordeaux v Ulster

Post by Rooster »

With the exception of AAC and Shinner boots not a lot known about that lot
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Well their Number 23 is a Big Name.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Flat-top
Novice

Post by Flat-top »

Rooster wrote:With the exception of AAC and Shinner boots not a lot known about that lot
You'd remember Tom Palmer surely Rooster? Ex Wasps/Glouc/Leeds, I thought he was with the mighty Treviso but seems he is a medical joker (!) at Begles. To be fair he played for Engerland once upon a time I think.

SUFTUM
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Is Jean Baptiste a Romper Room Dubie ? Does he Dubie all day long?
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

Team announced:
(15-9): Jared Payne, Andrew Trimble (captain), Luke Marshall, Stuart Olding, Craig Gilroy, Paddy Jackson, Ruan Pienaar;
(1-8): Andy Warwick, Rory Best, Rodney Ah You, Alan O'Connor, Franco van der Merwe, Iain Henderson, Clive Ross, Sean Reidy;
Replacements (16-23): Rob Herring, Kyle McCall, Ross Kane, Pete Browne, Roger Wilson, Paul Marshall, Jacob Stockdale, Rob Lyttle.
Would love to see stockdale on the pitch at some point, really has kicked on since last season.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

We should batter their No 8..... I love a battered Goujon. Sorry, still haven't had lunch yet.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Flat-top wrote:
Rooster wrote:With the exception of AAC and Shinner boots not a lot known about that lot
You'd remember Tom Palmer surely Rooster? Ex Wasps/Glouc/Leeds, I thought he was with the mighty Treviso but seems he is a medical joker (!) at Begles. To be fair he played for Engerland once upon a time I think.

SUFTUM
Ah missed his name, was looking more at the starters
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

That team might actually win. Great starting centre partnership. I wasn't expecting to see Olding.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Actually not a bad looking side when you consider the number of players missing, depends on how good their forwards are and how many stupid penalties we give away for Shinner boots to get a chance for 3 points, hope Rodders and Hendo have cleaned up their acts or it could be a long day
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Feckin' SDC, :sleeping:

I'll have a brief scout around the house themarra fortil see if there are any spare fecks lying around. Failing that I have a wee painting job I could usefully do on Sunday.

SDC .........it's not for me.

We should be like Rock Hudson & Frank Bruno and take a queer bashing in the ring and get out of this pointless competition asap. :duh:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dan Dare
Squire

Post by Dan Dare »

Some craic putting Stockdale and Lyttle on the bench and Tommy in the Ravens.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Currently 5th in the Top14 with 5 wins and 3 defeats, have scored 14 tries and conceded 13, they have beat Racing92, Bayonne, Lyon, Pau and Brive and have lost to Toulouse, Montpellier and Clermont.
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Dan Dare wrote:Some craic putting Stockdale and Lyttle on the bench and Tommy in the Ravens.
Gives the young guys experience or a big away game in Europe and both are fit, gives Tommy a chance to get fit, good call in my opinion.
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

scrum5 wrote:
Dan Dare wrote:Some craic putting Stockdale and Lyttle on the bench and Tommy in the Ravens.
Gives the young guys experience or a big away game in Europe and both are fit, gives Tommy a chance to get fit, good call in my opinion.
Good call I think as well, both those lads started off well this season and Tommy has been pretty average so far though he has the knack of picking a line through the centre, whether he could run in a try from our own half would be very debatable though at present.
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

scrum5 wrote:
Currently 5th in the Top14 with 5 wins and 3 defeats, have scored 14 tries and conceded 13, they have beat Racing92, Bayonne, Lyon, Pau and Brive and have lost to Toulouse, Montpellier and Clermont.
I know their league status just was meaning I know very little about their style of play or their actual players, are they a bunch of bosh it up players ?
Rory Best