Anthony Foley

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Re: Anthony Foley

Post by fuzzylogic »

42! Tragic. Feel for the family and the squad. RIP.
Mary had a little lamb . . .
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Good bloke & very fine player, he still holds the record for most HC tries by a forward - 23.

Shocking news. Met him in Cardiff after the 2008, he was left out of the final but you wouldn't have known, he was ecstatic ....... and very drunk and enjoying himself. Good man gone.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

My word, what shocking, shocking news.

He was just a year older than me, you just don't think that things like this happen to people our age, truly.

RIP Axel.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Jackie Brown wrote:Shocking, poor Howe getting put on the spot as well, looked like he's been kicked in the guts.
Probably felt like that to him too

Credit to Tyrone, after a shaky start (understandably), he spoke very well and paid a fine tribute to Axel, speaking from the heart and personal friendship.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Desperately sad news. Thoughts are with his family and the munster rugby family.

RIP
austintranslation
Novice

Post by austintranslation »

Totally shocked, RIP big lad. Thought Tyrone was tremendously brave at half time because I know I wouldn't have been able to do it.
Hans Indaruck
Squire

Post by Hans Indaruck »

Shocking and terribly sad news. So much a real part of the beating heart of Munster, this loss will be deeply felt there and throughout the rugby world. Tyrone gave a moving tribute in very difficult circumstances. Thoughts with family and friends - we are all Munstermen tonight united in grief!
Last edited by Hans Indaruck on Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hope is not a strategy.
The Boo Radleys
Warrior

Post by The Boo Radleys »

The six most dangerous words in the English Language - Your reward will come in Heaven...
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

So very tragic. Must be so devastating for his family. I'm sure the rugby community will support them through this terrible terrible time.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Truly shocking. I have been in a stunned state since I heard this earlier this afternoon. Can't begin to imagine what it is like for his family.

Anthony RIP.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Just like to add my condolences- everything's already been said eloquently in this thread.
RIP Axel- incalcuable loss to his family, and massive loss to Munster/ Irish/ World Rugby in general.
Exterminate all rational thought
loosehead1984
Initiate

Post by loosehead1984 »

Sad, sad news.
RIP
Article
Initiate

Post by Article »

a Rendition of Stand up fro the Munster Man might go down well next Game. I remember the great chorus we got in RDS (happened to be in Dublin for weekend) when Nevin and his Dad and brother tragically died ...brought tears to my eyes ....
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Article wrote:a Rendition of Stand up fro the Munster Man might go down well next Game. I remember the great chorus we got in RDS (happened to be in Dublin for weekend) when Nevin and his Dad and brother tragically died ...brought tears to my eyes ....
Fields of Athenry at the 8th minute
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Russ wrote:
Article wrote:a Rendition of Stand up fro the Munster Man might go down well next Game. I remember the great chorus we got in RDS (happened to be in Dublin for weekend) when Nevin and his Dad and brother tragically died ...brought tears to my eyes ....
Fields of Athenry at the 8th minute
Good call Russ :thumleft:

first time for everything. >EW