Hang your heads in shame UR

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Re: Hang your heads in shame UR

Post by fuzzylogic »

Walking into the terrace last night and an Exeter fan was telling one of the orange coated warriors that the other eventsec person he spoke to was a right 'w@nker' :lol:
Mary had a little lamb . . .
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Unless mistaken I actually don't see where Midget said that Eventsec stopped these cyclists and poured their drink out… I thought he referenced Eventsec's ability to know that prom dwellers partaking a sip from their hip-flask should have it poured out having not been brought into the ground…

His point here surely that despite UR having being advised of a charity cycle ride from Exeter to Kingspan by Exeter fans and supported by their club to coincide with the match it was ignored by UR and in particular the PR team. In truth what would it have cost to have someone say hi, well done, get a photo taken for the BT and to give them a walk around the Nevin Spence Centre..

for the record I despise cyclists..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Cockatrice wrote: His point here surely that despite UR having being advised of a charity cycle ride from Exeter to Kingspan by Exeter fans and supported by their club to coincide with the match it was ignored by UR and in particular the PR team. In truth what would it have cost to have someone say hi, well done, get a photo taken for the BT
Would the Ulster PR team putting it on twatter suffice?

https://twitter.com/UlsterRugby/status/ ... 3837138944

https://twitter.com/UlsterRugby/status/ ... 4898186240

:scratch:
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Cockatrice wrote: His point here surely that despite UR having being advised of a charity cycle ride from Exeter to Kingspan by Exeter fans and supported by their club to coincide with the match it was ignored by UR and in particular the PR team. In truth what would it have cost to have someone say hi, well done, get a photo taken for the BT

Yes. Very much so, Jim.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Cockatrice wrote:Unless mistaken I actually don't see where Midget said that Eventsec stopped these cyclists and poured their drink out… I thought he referenced Eventsec's ability to know that prom dwellers partaking a sip from their hip-flask should have it poured out having not been brought into the ground…
I believe the cyclists arrival and the hip-flask-emptying were two entirely separate events weeks apart.

No suggestion that the cyclists were even carrying hip-flasks let alone having their "refreshment" taken away from them.

For the record, I don't mind cyclists ....... in their place.

That place being anywhere that I'm not.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:Unless mistaken I actually don't see where Midget said that Eventsec stopped these cyclists and poured their drink out… I thought he referenced Eventsec's ability to know that prom dwellers partaking a sip from their hip-flask should have it poured out having not been brought into the ground…
I believe the cyclists arrival and the hip-flask-emptying were two entirely separate events weeks apart.

No suggestion that the cyclists were even carrying hip-flasks let alone having their "refreshment" taken away from them.

Their place being in a velodrome or France
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:

Except when I'm in France ......
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:

Except when I'm in France ......
Unless you are in France to watch Ulster, you have no call to be there.......
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

UlsterNo9 wrote:

Which is exactly the reason why I suggested that people had been misreading this thread seemingly thinking that UR had not only stopped entry but emptied cyclists hip flasks.... so this thread is a complete lie...
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Surely the cyclists would be carrying bidons full of energy drink rather than hip flasks?
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Deraless wrote:Surely the cyclists would be carrying bidons full of energy drink rather than hip flasks?
Maybe it should be energy drinks but they werent turned away and no hip flasks were emptied. It appears that this thread has run to 4-5 pages about something that didn't happen with posters making wrong assumptions. ..
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Looks like it took Ulster Rugby 3 hours to catch on, 18:47 " fans were arriving" 21:40 they run the story about the cycling, anyway cyclist including the fat middle aged men who rode to meet them are a pest on society .
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Cockatrice wrote:
Deraless wrote:Surely the cyclists would be carrying bidons full of energy drink rather than hip flasks?
Maybe it should be energy drinks but they werent turned away and no hip flasks were emptied. It appears that this thread has run to 4-5 pages about something that didn't happen with posters making wrong assumptions. ..
Cocker imagine if you lived in a world whereby everyone else realised that this didn't happen but in the notion of humouring themselves decided to go along with the initial post..... then try and imagine that world we are talking about is actually reality and well...... >you_rock
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Blackskulllad
Novice

Post by Blackskulllad »

Gerald the Mole wrote:Looks like it took Ulster Rugby 3 hours to catch on, 18:47 " fans were arriving" 21:40 they run the story about the cycling, anyway cyclist including the fat middle aged men who rode to meet them are a pest on society .
As regards being a pest on society how so?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Blackskulllad wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:Looks like it took Ulster Rugby 3 hours to catch on, 18:47 " fans were arriving" 21:40 they run the story about the cycling, anyway cyclist including the fat middle aged men who rode to meet them are a pest on society .
As regards being a pest on society how so?
My bus got stuck behind a group of cyclists who thought they were in the tour today but were clocked at 8mph

Look at how people cycle in Denmark
No lycra
No racing

Just travel