Edinburgh v Ulster Fri 4th Nov 7:35pm BBC ALBA/BBC2NI

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Re: Edinburgh v Ulster Fri 4th Nov 7:35pm BBC ALBA/BBC2NI

Post by jean valjean »

We have at best 2 international class players at the minute. One is injured and the other is wondering what the feck he is doing here. I don't include rory, ruan or trimbs as I believe they are all in the twilight of their careers sadly. Depressing.
1275gt
Novice

Post by 1275gt »

Piutau hasn't impressed me
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

I got the impression that the 'Edinburgh were beaten by Zebre last week, this is going to be easy' mentality set in before kick off. That was by far the worst Ulster performance I've seen in a very long time. That was not a team out there. That was 15 individuals who hadn't a clue about playing rugy. I usually don't get too excited when we lose away from home but that seriously boiled my pish this evening. I shall be calmer in the morning but that team will still be crap. The only glimmer was that the youngsters injected a bit of pace.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

We are regressing week by week. The defence which was actually pretty good away ti Bordeaux has now fallen apart. There is zero physicality in our back. Teams are making big yards through the middle and can flood their back division to defend against us as we carry ni threat up front.

I wonder if the Connacht loss is having the same impact as the defeat away to London Irish a few years ago when our season went into freefall thereafter.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Barbara is the single worst player I have ever seen attempt to play rugby. How much is this jerk earning? He makes Niall O'Connor look like a fluid rugby god.

I have never ever seen an Ulster team play quite this badly & I've been around for a while, just absolutely shocking.
Baggy... I questioned his signing at the time and having watched him close up in one game my opinion was he will never make the grade... here we are in a second season and his 3rd match if not mistaken and everything I seen is laid bare... a waste of a contract yet people with so called world class coaching experience can't yet see it....
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
1275gt
Novice

Post by 1275gt »

Think I might go watch Ballymena tomorrow couldn't be any worse
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

It could always be worse in Ballymena
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

1275gt wrote:Piutau hasn't impressed me
I'd defy anyone to look good getting the kind of ball he receives and playing as part of such an inept team as we had tonight.

he's a match winner, not a miracle worker.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Mrs 222 has stated the positives of the night equate to Tripod Jake having a great
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dan Dare wrote:Windsor should never play in the jersey again. Heron just shocking.

Fair play to Stockdale, showing some heart.
Well Dannyboy I did make an early call for p @9 Ruan @10 & Barbara away feck, but Les decided not too until it was far far too late.

I have steadfastly refused to acknowledge Barbara as anything but a waste of oxygen skin gristle and an organ or 7, some have said what a nice fella he is. He is a disgrace in that shirt.

Does anyone know is McPhillips useless, because if he is behind Herron, I despair. Herron was utterly pitiful.

Now, they were not the only issue, of course not, but if an ould bluffer like me could see that 10/12 were preventing any remote hope of playing some rugby, how in Christ's name could our coaching staff until it became blindingly obvious that two utter passengers were out there.

Herron at least is a young man, Barbara is a failed player, he should never ever play again for Ulster. Stockdale was by a distance the brightest thing that happened on that pitch.

In fairness, p was exactly what is needed in those circumstances of nothing to lose, far far too late on he came.

Cairns scored but nothing much else happened but he wanted that ball & won it in a contest.

Big Licence???? Why? He does at least as well as any other prop yet his chances are so limited.

Rob Herring, I have never seen play so poorly for Ulster. He's good but some clowns need to understand he is not within a country mile of Rory, his early mistakes ........... well it's not captain material for me.

Ah FFFS, just dreadful but amidst the utter crap, if you take them, there were pointers there for the future and some obvious signs of who is absolutely not up to it.

A question, after his disallowed try ...............did anyone see Charless ..............MIA?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

222toHounslow wrote:Mrs 222 has stated the positives of the night equate to Tripod Jake having a great
Ar$e
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
1275gt
Novice

Post by 1275gt »

Bart S wrote:
I'd defy anyone to look good getting the kind of ball he receives and playing as part of such an inept team as we had tonight.

Cant pass, out of puff after 60 to me has signs of a show pony
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Bart S wrote:

I'll tell you what he is Bart, he's a great winger. He is not a great full back, I begin to think he's not even a good full back.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
SCOTT
Novice

Post by SCOTT »

The greatest danger to the Ulster brand is that supporters who used to feel the pain of a defeat now are close to not caring. This type of performance away from home is not new even if maybe the worst. If I hear 'we will learn from this' I will care even less. action not words is required
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Yeh he's absolutely awful. Black,Diack,Ross,Wilson AND Piutau just haven't impressed me at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.