Autumn Internationals 2016

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Re: Autumn Internationals 2016

Post by Cockatrice »

Henshaw spins out of the hit from Reid and Cane was coming in at speed.. it was head to head contact...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

It looks head to head but in my view it was his leading shoulder that impacted with the left side of Henshaw's jaw.
The fact that Cane emerged totally unscathed supports that.
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I think the head to head caused the ko. However Cane is a dirty fecker. It's the way he hits high with the shoulder. He narrowly missed Zebo attempting the same tackle later on. He has been cited so I hope they give him a decent ban as an example and to shame the TMO. No good to us now.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

I believe canes shoulder did the damage otherwise he would have been sparked out as well given the contact. Good to see him cited. There has been a tendency in recent times to maximise the hit first and then try and wrap the arms. This is fine in a textbook one on one or tackle bag, but the tackler cannot adjust to what the other player does, e.g. duck or swivel.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Haven't read all the thread so apologies if mentioned before. The call to go for 3 points when we had them on the back foot at 14-3 and a man in the bin was wrong. Rory himself said u need to score tries to win so why didn't we go for it? At that point they had already conceded a scrum penalty and were offside. The AB wouldn't have taken the 3.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

The fact that his head did the damage is a side issue. The tackle was high and led with the shoulder. He clearly braced himself for impact shoulder first.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:Hard to tell which hit first head or shoulder but if he had been going to tackle his head would not have been there an up right tackle is a fall back not a shoulder charge .

Shoulder charged a bit in my time but only when an out half was kicking and it wasn't to tackle but to destabilise the kicker and mostly shoulder to shoulder as in ponce ball
Sweetholywhorebaggin'feck Ron'n, look, could I asked you just to put your fukking glasses on watch it again and see that it was very very clearly head to head.

Making up some lunatic bullshit about where his head would be, when he is making a decision in a fraction of a split second to move to a player who has unexpectedly spun out of a tackle by the greatest number 8 in modern rugby, is just so unutterably mad that Mad Jack McMad wouldn't even contemplate that level of madness, even in a moment of supreme uncoordinated madness bordering on insanity.

The citing is just ridiculous, quite how people are unable to determine that it was head on head baffles me. What have you got to say for yourself Snipe? You'd have red carded him? For a collision of heads? FFFS man Specsavers for you.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
rumncoke wrote:Hard to tell which hit first head or shoulder but if he had been going to tackle his head would not have been there an up right tackle is a fall back not a shoulder charge .

Shoulder charged a bit in my time but only when an out half was kicking and it wasn't to tackle but to destabilise the kicker and mostly shoulder to shoulder as in ponce ball
Sweetholywhorebaggin'feck Ron'n, look, could I asked you just to put your fukking glasses on watch it again and see that it was very very clearly head to head.

Making up some lunatic bullshit about where his head would be, when he is making a decision in a fraction of a split second to move to a player who has unexpectedly spun out of a tackle by the greatest number 8 in modern rugby, is just so unutterably mad that Mad Jack McMad wouldn't even contemplate that level of madness, even in a moment of supreme uncoordinated madness bordering on insanity.

The citing is just ridiculous, quite how people are unable to determine that it was head on head baffles me. What have you got to say for yourself Snipe? You'd have red carded him? For a collision of heads? FFFS man Specsavers for you.
I'd have red carded him for leading with his shoulder into a high tackle that resulted in the injury. It's slightly tricky to lead with your shoulder and not have your head in the same vicinity. As I said above the fact that his head made contact first is a side issue. The tackle was high, end of. Had Cane not gone in recklessly high, the injury would not have occurred.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:The fact that his head did the damage is a side issue. The tackle was high and led with the shoulder. He clearly braced himself for impact shoulder first.
Snipe, do yourself a favour and watch this link from 40 seconds in. You make your mind up as always, but it is the best angle to see Henshaw spin out of Reids tackle & effectively straight into Cane who is covering across to support Reid. There isn't even time to brace himself, it was an unfortunate collision & the angle most videos I've seen of it make it look exactly as you have read it, but they are neither long enough nor with the best angle to see what really happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er8u04TPRe8

I believe you should be helped, but given your refusal ever to accept you have initially been mistaken I expect you to describe it as attempted murder.

Oops wrong clip now corrected
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Bloody hell I find myself agreeing with the bagster again. Total horlix. the incident happened it a split second with henshaw spinning in a blink of an eye. The intensity of the game was ferocious but I don't think anything was intentionally malicious. The yellow on zebo was a lot more wreckless but I thought yellow was about right. The amount of moaning by Irish fans is quite frankly embarressing. Ireland played awesome but lacked a little execution on the day. End of story.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Poor technique is not an excuse

Red everyday of the week in this new era
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

The brain is a remarkable thing, it is capable of allowing people to see not what happened but their version of what happened and to such a degree that the brain's owner cannot unsee their version of the events.

Of course there is a name that us fully functioning sensible people call those who have these brains, idiots.
mea97mb
Squire

Post by mea97mb »

Freeze frame from video at moment of impact...you decide.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

mea97mb wrote:Freeze frame from video at moment of impact...you decide.
Freeze frame does not show how that came about, I agree with Baggy and have had the same opinion since I saw it during the match.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

mea97mb wrote:Freeze frame from video at moment of impact...you decide.
Do you have it from the other angle?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk