Autumn Internationals 2016

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Re: Autumn Internationals 2016

Post by Setanta »

Futile argument Gentlemen - you can take a horse to water but you cannot make it drink. The game was lost not by the high hits and injuries but by not taking the three gold-plated chances presented. Also I agree on the penalty decision; definitely another scrum and an eight man shove! Henshaw was the critical injury as Stander and Sexton were replaced but Henshaw was the only inside centre in the squad. Putting Payne to inside led to the non-try and by the time they changed back again we were chasing the game.
Personally I was pleased - we lost our playmaker, our main ball-carrier and two of our most effective backs - yet still could and maybe should have beaten the best team in the world.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

WeeWorld wrote:@BT
Oh so you have zero evidence for a head to head impact then, and you were so definitive about it, that's a pity
I have provided the video showing it from all angles, I can explain things to you, I cannot mae you understand things you are incapable of understanding.

The main point you should all consider is despite whether it was head or shoulder (it is very clearly head) anyone looking at the video from all angles who does not understand that it was simply a blink of the eye change of direction from Henshaw that took him into an inevitable contact with Cane .................... well, moron will suffice.

Ron'n, you are clearly a buffoon, you just carry on in your little fantasy world of making up wild assumptions to fit your agenda.

I have ruled on this and my decision is final. I will brook no further nonsense from blind buffoons.

Good day
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

This week's offerings on the International front:

2pm (UK Time) Italy v Tonga BT Sport 2
2:30pm Scotland v Georgia BBC 1
2:30pm England v Argentina Sky Sports 2
5:30pm Ireland v Australia Sky Sports 2
5:30pm Wales v South Africa BBC 2
8pm (UK Time) France v New Zealand Premier Sports

Big game in Cardiff, both the Welsh and the Saffers in bad shape right now. Re Ireland before the series started would have said 2/4 wins a decent return. The win over NZ was a bonus, Australia is a game they will be looking to win, but the Aussie rested some of their stars and still won in Paris and Ireland could be missing some key players.

Argentina have been poor in their 2 games v Wales and Scotland.
davejohnston
Initiate

Post by davejohnston »

Setanta wrote:Personally I was pleased - we lost our playmaker, our main ball-carrier and two of our most effective backs - yet still could and maybe should have beaten the best team in the world.
Have to agree to an extent. Obviously would have preferred a win, but considering circumstances that wasn't bad. The fact Paddy was brought into the fray, played well and made his kicks was excellent (The D2 media barely seem to mention him, which I guess is better than tearing him apart. Toland is the onc exception who seems to think that game was "tailor made for Joey Carbery".

The most telling of all was Stephen Jones article in the Sunday times. He always seems to have a chip on his shoulder about Ireland, however the article on Sunday covering the game was very complementary.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

WeeWorld wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Watch all the angles in real & slow motion, head on head, purely accidental.
Not head to head, shoulder to face
I suspect that photo will also reveal that Cane was also holding Henshaw by the nipple at the same time… the photos doesn't show shoulder to head impact although the angle may imply it. If as baggy says you watch thru the various TV footage from different angles you can see heads collide. The reason I suspect that Cane wasn't knocked out was because he defensively and by instinct didn't go face to face… it is also a fact that Henshaw was spinning out of a semi-missed tackle a split second before the hit occurred and which delivered Henshaw straight into Cane as much as Cane into Henshaw..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Via Twitter:

Sexton and Henshaw out of next weeks game. Stander and Kearney are following return to play protocols. Doubtful for next week. Stuart Olding and Rory Scannell added to the squad as cover.
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

Cockatrice wrote:If as baggy says you watch thru the various TV footage from different angles you can see heads collide.
You should have no trouble providing a still of same so, sure you shouldn't? Put up or ...
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Cockatrice wrote:
WeeWorld wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Watch all the angles in real & slow motion, head on head, purely accidental.
Not head to head, shoulder to face
I suspect that photo will also reveal that Cane was also holding Henshaw by the nipple at the same time… the photos doesn't show shoulder to head impact although the angle may imply it. If as baggy says you watch thru the various TV footage from different angles you can see heads collide. The reason I suspect that Cane wasn't knocked out was because he defensively and by instinct didn't go face to face… it is also a fact that Henshaw was spinning out of a semi-missed tackle a split second before the hit occurred and which delivered Henshaw straight into Cane as much as Cane into Henshaw..
Unless Henshaw has a disfigured face I believe the photo clearly shows his cheek bulged out, SHOWING THE IMPACT from the shoulder. I am aware this forum had a range of members of differing ages so perhaps we should give those less fortunate of having 20 20 vision the benefit of the doubt. Image
mea97mb
Squire

Post by mea97mb »

Regardless of head to head or shoulder to head, the modern trend of leading into a tackle with the shoulder and then wrapping the arm needs stricter policing. Tackles like that are just as dangerous as shoulder charging a breakdown.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

So Sexton isn't concust but has reinjured his himmy ...
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:The fact that his head did the damage is a side issue. The tackle was high and led with the shoulder. He clearly braced himself for impact shoulder first.
Snipe, do yourself a favour and watch this link from 40 seconds in. You make your mind up as always, but it is the best angle to see Henshaw spin out of Reids tackle & effectively straight into Cane who is covering across to support Reid. There isn't even time to brace himself, it was an unfortunate collision & the angle most videos I've seen of it make it look exactly as you have read it, but they are neither long enough nor with the best angle to see what really happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er8u04TPRe8

I believe you should be helped, but given your refusal ever to accept you have initially been mistaken I expect you to describe it as attempted murder.

Oops wrong clip now corrected
Get up the yard ye thran auld curmudgeon . Cane is very clearly bracing of himself for impact shoulder first. No no more of your old codswallop.

Nice photo above courtesy of misery biy above........ :lol: :lol:
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Look - I am getting totally piissed by interviewed players, coaches and pundits starting every sentence with the word "look".
Look - Where does this annoying nonsence come from? NZ? Oz?
Look - When someone says "look" to me, it carries the implication that I am probably too dumb to understand what comes next, but if I really concentrate, I might get the gist of it.
Look - That is insulting.
Look - What can be done to eliminate this senseless practice (or is it too late?)
Look - That is all.
UlsterAreBrill
Initiate

Post by UlsterAreBrill »

Snipe Watson wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:The fact that his head did the damage is a side issue. The tackle was high and led with the shoulder. He clearly braced himself for impact shoulder first.
Snipe, do yourself a favour and watch this link from 40 seconds in. You make your mind up as always, but it is the best angle to see Henshaw spin out of Reids tackle & effectively straight into Cane who is covering across to support Reid. There isn't even time to brace himself, it was an unfortunate collision & the angle most videos I've seen of it make it look exactly as you have read it, but they are neither long enough nor with the best angle to see what really happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er8u04TPRe8

I believe you should be helped, but given your refusal ever to accept you have initially been mistaken I expect you to describe it as attempted murder.

Oops wrong clip now corrected
Get up the yard ye thran auld curmudgeon . Cane is very clearly bracing of himself for impact shoulder first. No no more of your old codswallop.

Nice photo above courtesy of misery biy above........ :lol: :lol:
It was a head to head collision no doubt, which was accidental as Henshaw ducked in to it but I doesn't take away the fact that he led with the shoulder, so even if it was at the right height it would still have been deemed an illegal tackle
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Russ wrote:So Sexton isn't concust but has reinjured his himmy ...
his hammy was playing up minutes before the game started..
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Doesn't matter what any of us think about the Cane incident the appropriate panel will decide.. I am sure part of the defence will also be that he was going into support Reid when Henshaw spun out and as much into him..

I note that there was no citing for the revenge on Cane when Heaslip dealt with him off the ball and thankfully no yellow cards for Johnny's high and dangerous tackle on the try/non try nor for what might be considered by some referees as the deliberate knock on by Trimble when saving a try..

The Irish give them two very hard games and I have to say I was surprised at the AB's lack of composure across the two games.. they were clearly rattled and the penalty count says a lot about how how they had to play those tow games.. thankfully for them they weren't meeting England as well..

anyway it gives some indication how the Lions may have to play next year and has also maybe increased the level of Irish input given the single biggest criteria required.. don't get on the plane if you can't win well at least the Irish players can say I have beaten them and do so again..