Ulster Vs Zebre Fri 25th November @ 7.35pm BBCNI

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster Vs Zebre Fri 25th November @ 7.35pm BBCNI

Post by Dave »

We've got fat ones, skinny ones, tall ones, short ones.... every kind you like. Is nice.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Neill_M wrote:Zebre Side:
15 Dion Berryman 14 Simone Balocchi 13 Matteo Pratichetti 12 Tommaso Castello (c) 11 Mattia Bellini 10 Alberto Chiesa 9 Guglielmo Palazzani 8 Derick Minnie 7 Johan Meyer 6 Giovanni Pettinelli 5 Federico Ruzza 4 Gideon Koegelenberg 3 Dario Chistolini 2 Carlo Festuccia 1 Bruno Postiglioni
Subs
16 Luhandre Luus 17 Andrea De Marchi 18 Guillermo Roan 19 Valerio Bernabò 20 Giovanni Licata 21 Carlo Engelbrecht 22 Maicol Azzolini 23 Lloyd Greeff
Despite the protestations of some......wise the bap Baggy :roll:...... A simple victory will not suffice. If we don't give that lot the bum's rush we are a disgraceful shambles.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

In total agreement with you Snipe.
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

feck clowns everywhere I look. :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

Yup

Reality is that a 2 try win against that side, at home, is what would be expected for any side in the top ....10 of the pro12. So a win alone proves nothing.

In some ways a one point win would be the worst thing possible, and allow this mediocrity to continue. Batter them then we can start building into the season, both Leinster and Glasgow in recent years have had some really poor starts to the season, got their act together and grown into the season and gone on to win the league/finish top 2. Lose and surely the red button gets pressed.

Admittedly where some places that might mean change of head coach etc, at Ulster the red button probably just punts out some lame press release
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

BaggyTrousers wrote:feck clowns everywhere I look. :roll:
stay away from those mirrors Baggy :D
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

No matter how sh1te we have been, this should be a 5 pointer. Zebra minus their internationals is a gift horse we need to stare at. Will say nothing about our prospects for the season but at least keeps us moving in the right direction.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Anyone who says different is deluded and wearing Ulster Are Brill Facebook glasses. Think positive and man up... Or as we say time for this bunch to shyte or get off the pot.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

After two weekends off due to the November internationals that have seen Italy lose to New Zealand and beating South Africa last Saturday in Florence, the Guinness PRO12 returns. Zebre are without 12 internationals capped by the Italian national team ahead of Saturday’s match against Tonga in Padua. The Parma based coaching staff have called six permit players who plays for clubs taking part in the main Italian league Excellence included in the 23: Including three starters Balocchi, Chiesa and Pettinelli. Back in the squad for the match against Ulster are several player who recovered from their injuries since the last official game in Parma against Leinster ago. There is a first seasonal selection for italian international Bellini who will start at the left wing along with full-back Berryman: the kiwi utility back gains his first 2016/17 cap after a long injury absence. In the second row unit, Koegelenberg and Bernabò are available for selection after missing the last three games. Centre Castello will lead the italian side for the first time in Belfast, while on the bench there are two uncapped players who could earn their Guinness Pro12 debut: hooker Luus – U20 Italian international at last World Rugby U20 World Cup- and flanker Licata, this season part of the main Italian Rugby Union U20 academy “Ivan Francescato” of Parma.
Read more at: http://www.newsletter.co.uk/sport/rugby ... -1-7696335
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Well girls, of course a huge win against Zebre at Spanners is what should happen, but with a current record of LLWLL it is another W that is required. That it should be a formality is unquestioned, that Zebre won at Murrayfield the week before we embarrassed ourselves really shouldn't be relevant, but first and foremost just win the fecking game - it's never a bad strategy.

Capiche? :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Taking the game in isolation, it really is one that Herron had to start as part of his learning process.

We'll win and we'll win well.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

thecrouch wrote:
Rooster wrote:Ulster team and replacements to play Zebre, Friday 25th November, Kingspan Stadium (kick-off 7.35pm):
(15-9): C Piutau, T Bowe, L Ludik, L Marshall, J Stockdale, B Herron, R Pienaar;
(1-8): K McCall, R Herring (capt), W Herbst, P Browne, F van der Merwe, C Ross, C Henry, S Reidy;
Replacements (16-23): J Andrew, C Black, A Warwick, D Tuohy, R Diack, P Marshall, C Gilroy, R Lyttle.
If that team doesn't beat Zebre then someone needs to go kick the boardroom door down.
Handy enough backine but will they gell? Ruan and Herron? New-look centres, tommy out of form, stockdale back in and charlie fighting a battle on his own. mmmmm. Give them 2-3 games and yes they are probably okay at home but don't be expecting them to carving anyone up unless Zebre are total gash on the night.

Pack is just average written all over it. You'd expect Henry to be rusty and off the pace. Depends whether Zebre can be arsed really. If they put in a fight up front then I suspect our pack will struggle to make inroads.

I'd take the win. We a few more guys back before we start looking like a decent side again.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

3 tries by HT ...
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

The bookies have Ulster at -30 on the even money handicap bet. Not convinced they will win by that much. Going to predict a BP win, but making hard work of it.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

We are 25 to 30 points better than this side, now unless it's so cold that Baggy's swingers freeze to the railings or its so wet that Rum drops his mobile, I am expecting, if not demanding, a performance resulting in at least a 20 odd point victory margin. It will not do the teams confidence a jot of good to scrape a narrow win, these guys should not be over confident but they are .... we hope, at the tail end of a total shyte fest, if they have any aspirations of doing anything this season it starts now and it starts with a bang ... it should be like the old days of the schools cup when the likes of Methody or INST got drawn against Hunterhouse 3rds in the first round. No point in being wary or content with 4 points ... we need to display a mind set of we are better and we are going to show it .... sit down.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"