Autumn Internationals 2016

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Autumn Internationals 2016

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Jackie Brown wrote:That Bealham guy will never make it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
That's what Ulster said when they let him go. Funny he has more medals in his collection than almost every Ulster player and played in the 3 wins agin de Suddern Hemysfear.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Great result for Ireland. To be able to just hold it together with that patch job of a back line some superb individual performances.
Jared Payne at 13 is vital to Ireland.
Ringrose was excellent, stepped into an unfamiliar position and did a job.

Cheika :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: comedy gold
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Actually chaps, there was very little lucky about it. Australia's comeback try to go in 10 down was as a result of 2 if not 3 forward passes. It appears SH teams tend to pass much flatter than is customary on this side of the equator and they got away with an absolute plethora of them theday.

It was hardly a surprise that Oz helped themselves when Ireland were in shambles mode having to rejig the backline with only Murray there from the starters last week after halftime.

That the guys out of position played their ballix off, Marmion was exceptional, Ringpiece was very very good all night & maybe time we accepted he is a talent, Zebrother had one of his best games in green, his tackle & then scoring pass made the winning try. Carberry looks like a real talent too, his place kicking appears the only thing holding him back.

Speaking of which Paddy knocked over every kick in his three games & the last kick was crucial forcing Oz to go for a try to win. Given the pressures on him at present that is real character, hats off young fella. :thumleft: The feckers in the Dublin medja have always said he can't kick, think again yis bollixes.

The decision to go for the corner was brave but 4 points down and struggling to get near their 22 it was the right one whether it worked or not. Fabulous ball retention and a great try, well done all concerned. :thumleft:

Feck the FIRFU. :red:

Last word: O'Mahony was as good in his way as Seannie last week. Tremendous options in the back row now & we will not be losing Chad any time soon. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

We could do with a POM. He's no Ferris but he's feck quality.

Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Jackie Brown wrote:We could do with a POM. He's no Ferris but he's feck quality.

He makes the most of what he has and his attitude is totally outstanding.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:Great result for Ireland. To be able to just hold it together with that patch job of a back line some superb individual performances.
Jared Payne at 13 is vital to Ireland.
Ringrose was excellent, stepped into an unfamiliar position and did a job.

Cheika :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: comedy gold
“I thought we played a lot of footie mate but we got penalised a lot didn’t we?” he began amidst the ruins of their failed Grand Slam bid. “A 13-3 penalty count costs you field position, territory and then obviously points as well.
“You can’t win a test match giving away that many penalties or that big a difference between the two teams. Impossible.”
Of course, NZ lost the penalty count last week 4-14 yet still won the game, impossible, nah. Maybe yis aren't good enough Mick, waddya say? Whinging a bit maybe.

You have to say Ireland's discipline has been magnificent 4, 4 & 3 against in 3 games v NZ & OZ.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:We could do with a POM. He's no Ferris but he's feck quality.

Agreed on both, I wasn't a fan initially but I think he's class now.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Wee Woman wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

Think it is true of a lot of non-Ulster players. Maybe we are beginning to lighten up now we see yet another season on it's way down the shitter?

Other players who fall into the same sort of category based on recent performances:

- Keet
- Zebrother
- Big Dev
- Tadhg Furlong who has been an absolute revelation
- Van der Flier who really looks class
- Yip, sorry Russ, Ringpiece, time you shut yer trap and accept he is a real player, he was outstanding again when all around him the big names were vanishing.

Hugely successful AIs for Schmidtferbrains, a job for life if he wants it, absolutely untouchable. Fair play :thumleft:
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

Think it is true of a lot of non-Ulster players. Maybe we are beginning to lighten up now we see yet another season on it's way down the shitter?

Other players who fall into the same sort of category based on recent performances:

- Keet
- Zebrother
- Big Dev
- Tadhg Furlong who has been an absolute revelation
- Van der Flier who really looks class
- Yip, sorry Russ, Ringpiece, time you shut yer trap and accept he is a real player, he was outstanding again when all around him the big names were vanishing.

Hugely successful AIs for Schmidtferbrains, a job for life if he wants it, absolutely untouchable. Fair play :thumleft:
Be interesting to see some of their tackle counts Baggy

Few of the backs you mentioned slipped off crucial one on ones
Joe likes players who make one on ones
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

See the PJ haters are out in force in the D4 media and comments lol. He's only keeping Carberry's place warm...
Bagster I agree ref POM. He was the right man to have shoring things up yesterday. Its nailed on he will be a future Ireland captain. Van der Flier and Furlong you gotta say look the real deal. It shows what giving young talent a chance can do.. Ladybois have backed them like Ulster did with Paddy but haven't done since unless our NIQ journeymen are fecked and glass has to be broken. Take a bow Ross, Jacob and Rob.
Exterminate all rational thought
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

I disagree with you about Jackson.
Everyone I know down here rates him very highly. He is a rival, and not an understudy, to Sexton now.
Carberry is a great development but is only 21.
If Jackson can keep non-rugby distractions at bay he will prosper. The more options we have the better.
Scrumhalf is a worry though Marmion had a great second half on the wing.

Ulster need to get over Ringrose. He is the real deal and a 21 year old law student who is going to have to put his academic career on hold for quite a long time. I would imagine that Joe has been critical of Luke Marshall and will expect him to go away and do his homework.

And on Joe being critical, I imagine the post match debriefing from Joe will be wincing as he dissects some awful mistakes that gave tries to the Aussies, not least the Zebo kick out on the full that led to their last try. Zebo did find redemption with his tackle a few minutes later.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

D4, Carberry is the future, I'm not having a go at him, but the lack of respect and ridiculous focus on each mistake by PJ is blown out of proportion by the ROI media and many blue or red eyed posters. Sexton didn't become the finished article until about 2 years ago. PJ is two years ahead at the same point imo. Ironically, the biggest culprit yesterday was Murray, with his substandard box kicks. A big flaw in his game, but little or no critical evaluation of this. He really could do with a couple of sessions with notorious c*ck blocker Ruan P.
I agree ref Marshall. Stupid mistakes and injury undermining a class player. No complaints there. He'll be back. Ringrose was good in difficult circumstances and I have no complaints: he took his try very well and was competent without being exceptional. He's not the finished article either and I hope he doesn't suffer from all the hyperbole.

At least Leinster are backing their own. UR is a shambles ATM: I really do wonder what Leinster, Munster or Connacht would make of some of our latent talent. Bealham for example.....
Exterminate all rational thought
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Ironic how the media fawn over the breakthrough of furlong at 24. Guess who else is the same age???
Carbery looks promising but he will suffer the same fate at madigan unless jannies hammers keep on tweeking.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

A wee note to the good people of Ulster. Stop taking offence at the Dublin media. They love Janny and rightly so he is a class act. Carberry is at the same stage that PJ was at 3 or 4 years ago. Promising youngster, but still green. Come clowns on here were saying that he had ousted PJ after his cameo in the States. If it wasn't for PJ's external issue. Carberry wouldn't have even been in Chicago. He is rightly being integrated into the squad. Sexton cannot go on for ever. Age and injuries are starting to take their toll.
connachtfan
Novice

Post by connachtfan »

jean valjean wrote:Ironic how the media fawn over the breakthrough of furlong at 24. Guess who else is the same age???
Carbery looks promising but he will suffer the same fate at madigan unless jannies hammers keep on tweeking.
Think it's more to do with Fulong being a tighthead prop. He's a toddler in tighthead years, could be very very special if he keeps going.