Connacht 16/17

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Connacht 16/17

Post by Rooster »

Dublin4 wrote:Bernard Jackman, ROG, Mike Ruddock? Let the speculation on his successor begin.

I'd say Bristol offered big money. Can't blame him, it's a professional sport.
You actually think Jackman or ROG would consider it ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I think it would be perfect for Doak/Clarke...
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Dave wrote:I think it would be perfect for Doak/Clarke...
I concur.

I'd drive them both over myself.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Lam still had 1 year to run on his deal, so I am guessing that Bristol bought out the deal. Big money especially for a team likely to be back in the Championship next year.

Jackman's Grenoble currently sit last in the Top 14, 10 points from safety. There always old EOS...

Aki and Dillane signed new deals, presumably on the basis of Lam staying...might we see the Xavier Rush manoeuvre?
Last edited by Neill_M on Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Tuohy then
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Will Lam leaving increase the likelihood of us getting a decent scrum half? Marmion would be nice but would take either of the other 2.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Bad For Connacht in my humble opinion, thinking of emailing the bloke who owns Bristol and telling them how wonderful Doak and Clarke are, Doak has turned us into one of the best attacking teams in Europe afterall
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

*EOS sits up on his chair, inhales deeply and fumbles around looking for his phone.*
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dublin4 wrote:Bernard Jackman, ROG, Mike Ruddock? Let the speculation on his successor begin.

Well you might not but then .............. am I dreaming it or did he not recently bat away talk of his contract saying he planned to stay long term and it was like a labour of love?

Yeah a professional sport but if you are going to chase the money, why come out with bullshite like that a month or two before you sell yourself?

I await the first clown to say, "he owes Connacht nothing". :roll:

Disappointed of Bangor.

#NeverTrustAForeigner
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Dave wrote:*EOS sits up on his chair, inhales deeply and fumbles around looking for his phone.*
You mean he might come here and send our lot to Connacht :D
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dave wrote:*EOS sits up on his chair, inhales deeply and fumbles around looking for his phone.*
You're wrong. Eddie has the phone in his hand waiting for Toto Wolff to call
UlsterAreBrill
Initiate

Post by UlsterAreBrill »

Rumour is Lancaster is going to follow him to Bristol

Jackman favourite to replace him
Dan Dare
Squire

Post by Dan Dare »

Just bad for the Westies as a whole, even when they win a trophy, straight away they lose Henshaw (Rodders as well) to another province and now the head Coach. Very hard on them to be seen as anything other than the poor relation.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BaggyTrousers wrote:

Well you might not but then .............. am I dreaming it or did he not recently bat away talk of his contract saying he planned to stay long term and it was like a labour of love?

Yeah a professional sport but if you are going to chase the money, why come out with bullshite like that a month or two before you sell yourself?

I await the first clown to say, "he owes Connacht nothing". :roll:

Disappointed of Bangor.

#NeverTrustAForeigner
Yes I knew I wasn't dreaming, this is what Pat Lam said just 6 months ago:
"When I arrived, I put out a five-year plan. One of the biggest things was that sense of team. The more that everybody is together and in-sync about that, the better.

"There are a group of guys that I'd like to bring through and I am very excited about what is coming through. When you look at the average age of our team [that age is coming down]. People tell me that we haven't had that many signings. I see that as a good thing.

"We've built a core group and we're now adding to that... there are some good names [of possible signings] but we have to ask ourselves 'Will they make a difference?'"

There had been talk, last season, of a Leinster approach to Lam, and other clubs are taking note of the province's upward swing. Does he see himself seeing out his five-year deal?

"I'm going to," he declares. "I'm down to do at least five. I signed a new deal [recently] and I'm here until June 2018."

"This is why I came to Connacht," he adds. "It wasn't just a job; it was a vision, a plan."
Greedy lying Gatland. :banghead:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

I suspect he didn't know that Connacht are seen as a development province whose best players get stolen regularly. I guess his intentions were good but, when he saw how the Westies are treated, he decided he'd had enough. Oh and a big dose of cash from the other West Country probably didn't go amiss either.