Any news on Mark Best.

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Any news on Mark Best.

Post by Cornerfleg »

Just saw the footage for the assault on Mark Best by Athlone's club's captain Kolo Kiripati (according to the Independent). First is the lad OK? He looked a decent prospect when I've seen him for the A team.
And B) has thon thug been cited banned or exported? Hope they throw the book at him ... while it's in the cabinet!
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Any news on Mark Best.

Post by Rooster »

Cornerfleg wrote:Just saw the footage for the assault on Mark Best by Athlone's club's captain Kolo Kiripati (according to the Independent). First is the lad OK? He looked a decent prospect when I've seen him for the A team.
And B) has thon thug been cited banned or exported? Hope they throw the book at him ... while it's in the cabinet!
Apparently according to IRFU since ref dealt with it through a yellow card it goes no further
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Awesome ... what a great message to mothers when deciding to let their kids play the game.... first George North now this. We really are looking out for players safety. Great work ... splendid in fact ... makes you proud don't it.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I am not to sure about the application of the ref dealt with it rule . Some years ago Bell (the malone scrum half) had a brain fart and an all out assault on his opposite number during a game at Malone if memory serves he was red card and dealt with by a disciplinary panel and ban for a number of weeks .

Anyway the rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men .

What does that make the IRFU ?

Thae alternative is of course for Mark Best to ask that he be Charged with assault because the incident occurred off the ball and the police take the guy to court , somehow I don't think the IRFU would want that to happen !!!
Last edited by rumncoke on Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

rumncoke wrote:I am not to sure about the application of the ref dealt with it rule . Some years ago Bell (the malone scrum half) had a brain fart and an all out assault on his opposite number during a game at Malone if memory serves he was red card and dealt with by a disciplinary panel and ban for a number of weeks .

Anyway the rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men .

What does that make the IRFU ?
Mexican loving twunts

Have no doubt, if this wasn't a marquee signing for a mexican club the book would be thrown
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

rumncoke wrote:I am not to sure about the application of the ref dealt with it rule . Some years ago Bell (the malone scrum half) had a brain fart and an all out assault on his opposite number during a game at Malone if memory serves he was red card and dealt with by a disciplinary panel and ban for a number of weeks .
Had the thug who assaulted Best been red carded, he would have had a disciplinary hearing at which the video footage could be used as evidence and thus taken into account when deciding punishment. The fact that he only got a yellow means no disciplinary hearing, and thus no further punishment.

Athlone club made a statement though in which they blamed \best for the incident.They said (and I paraphrase because I don't have exact wording to hand) that Best held onto Kiripati after the tackle and caused himself to be lifted off the ground by not letting go. Effectively they said his injuries were caused when he "fell from" Kiripati.They did wish him well with his recovery though, sothat's alright then. :roll:

Personally I think if the IRFU can't punish Kiripati for the assault, they should charge Athlone with bringing the game into disrepute (or some such charge) for treating others with contempt if they expect people to believe their statement having seen the video.

On the matter of Best's health, apparently there is no significant or long-term injury ...... no thanks to Kiripati.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

really a mountain out of a mole hill, did Ballymena really have to release the footage , what was their purpose ? If Bests plays rugby this weekend either its all much adoo about nothing or he should not be playing at all AKA George North

And for the record Kiripati , is a really nice bloke >yahoo
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Link?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

Russ wrote: Mexican loving twunts

Have no doubt, if this wasn't a marquee signing for a mexican club the book would be thrown
Athlone are a Connacht club
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

WeeWorld wrote:

Are they by feck
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

WeeWorld wrote:

Buccaneers play at Dubarry Park, which is in County Westmeath which is in :mexican:

You have to cross the Shannon before you are in Connacht.. :duck:
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

I see Mark is playing 12
The Boo Radleys
Warrior

Post by The Boo Radleys »

The six most dangerous words in the English Language - Your reward will come in Heaven...
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Russ wrote:I see Mark is playing 12
Mountain, molehill, sour grapes.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Classy Gerry. Classy.