Ulster Rugby Christmas Kindness - only for some!

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Flat-top
Novice

Ulster Rugby Christmas Kindness - only for some!

Post by Flat-top »

Just received a nice email from UR addressed to me as a season ticket holder. Apparently my number is entered into a free draw, some lovely prizes over the next 5 days though I guess the odds of winning are quite high. Still I thought it a nice touch, oh until I read TandCs which of course prohibit me from winning as I don't currently reside in the Province! Why? My memory isn't great but I think in my life I have won one competition, free tickets, accommodation and flights to the Ulster v Glasgow away fixture a few seasons back, sadly had to turn down prize on that occasion as I wasn't a resident of Ulster. Didn't really agree the reasons behind that, it was after all my choice if I wanted to make my own way to Belfast airport to join the charter but oh no against the rules, easy come easy go. What I cannot understand is why should me not living in the Province have any influence on the prizes

Day 1: Overnight stay for two in a luxury 4* hotel with golf or spa use and BMW luggage
•Day 2: Goodie bag including signed European Jersey
• Day 3: Invite to watch a training session and have lunch with Ulster squad for you and four friends
•Day 4: Invite for you and three friends to attend the annual end of season Awards Dinner
•Day 5: Renewal of your Season Ticket for 2017/18 free of charge

pretty nice eh?

Might be something to do with the fact it wouldn't be possible for a player to hand deliver to my door? Well I am sure if its just a publicity shot you want when you hand over my free renewal for next season Ulster Rugby I could arrange for a suitable stand-in to accept on my behalf...bah humbug.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Re: Ulster Rugby Christmas Kindness - only for some!

Post by thecrouch »

You cannot be used as a PR tool therefore they have no interest in you.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

You should suggest they get Dan to deliver your prize.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BR wrote:You should suggest they get Dan to deliver your prize.
Top class BR
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

That's pretty shabby from UR tbh :thumbdown:

Chances are, most or all of the winners would be available anyway. Seems a bit mean excluding exiled ST holders, who no doubt make even bigger efforts to support the team than the rest of us.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

I'm confused. Is the waiting list now so long they're chasing ST holders away?
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

Flat-top wrote:Just received a nice email from UR addressed to me as a season ticket holder. Apparently my number is entered into a free draw, some lovely prizes over the next 5 days though I guess the odds of winning are quite high. Still I thought it a nice touch, oh until I read TandCs which of course prohibit me from winning as I don't currently reside in the Province! Why? My memory isn't great but I think in my life I have won one competition, free tickets, accommodation and flights to the Ulster v Glasgow away fixture a few seasons back, sadly had to turn down prize on that occasion as I wasn't a resident of Ulster. Didn't really agree the reasons behind that, it was after all my choice if I wanted to make my own way to Belfast airport to join the charter but oh no against the rules, easy come easy go. What I cannot understand is why should me not living in the Province have any influence on the prizes

Day 1: Overnight stay for two in a luxury 4* hotel with golf or spa use and BMW luggage
•Day 2: Goodie bag including signed European Jersey
• Day 3: Invite to watch a training session and have lunch with Ulster squad for you and four friends
•Day 4: Invite for you and three friends to attend the annual end of season Awards Dinner
•Day 5: Renewal of your Season Ticket for 2017/18 free of charge

pretty nice eh?

Might be something to do with the fact it wouldn't be possible for a player to hand deliver to my door? Well I am sure if its just a publicity shot you want when you hand over my free renewal for next season Ulster Rugby I could arrange for a suitable stand-in to accept on my behalf...bah humbug.
Flat Top- I am in exactly the same boat. Apparently paying for a season ticket and regular flights isn't bloody good enough. >#
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Guys I suggest you accept it with the same good grace that I will knowing that I will not win.

With odds of about 2000/1 on a prize, yes I can feel your pain of exclusion but feck it.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Look, if you lot wanna sell up and move away to some cheepo European Subsidised Donkey Sanctuary, just to avoid the eye watering rates and the bus lanes, you can't really complain about not be able to
partake in UR's pathetic attempts to sweep the Zebra debacle under the carpet by giving away a few prizes.

When I looked at the email header, for a split second I thought they were announcing Boke'n'Clarke were sacked, but I caught myself on real sharp and I've attributed this brain fart to my general good mood after Saturday.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Tighter End wrote:Look, if you lot wanna sell up and move away to some cheepo European Subsidised Donkey Sanctuary, just to avoid the eye watering rates and the bus lanes, you can't really complain about not be able to
partake in UR's pathetic attempts to sweep the Zebra debacle under the carpet by giving away a few prizes.

When I looked at the email header, for a split second I thought they were announcing Boke'n'Clarke were sacked, but I caught myself on real sharp and I've attributed this brain fart to my general good mood after Saturday.
Flat Top and Legs live in england ...
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Cheers Russ, I know. I was joking...... it's like fun....you remember fun, don't you Russ? Think back to the final whistle on Saturday..... OK did the corners of your mouth turn upwards, perhaps even baring your teeth and the wee wrinkles at the corners of your eyes became more pronounced. It's a bit like that.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

Accept all the points and I won't lose any sleep....

... but isn't it just the Ulster Way- spout tom kite about world domination, global branding etc. whilst treating your ex-pat ST holders like second class citizens....
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Can I complain as I don't like golf?
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

Things like that show UR up.....your postcode doesn't seem to matter to UR when it comes to paying for tickets mind? It's the principle of it. Very little recognition of exile supporters generally whether Provincial or Ire for that matter, poor form.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Were it me, I would ask the good offices of URSC to solicit a response regarding the conditions.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk