B & I Cup 16/17

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Re: B & I Cup 16/17

Post by therealspratt »

Timoney is a lad who I've a lot more time for than the other two as there's a bit of quality in him that I haven't seen from them.
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Well if he doesn't work out well we've another Leinster reject in Greg Jones that we're drafting in.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

McPhillips looks classy but sometimes I think he tries to do the spectacular instead of the percentages. 4 out of 6 kicks but the 2 missed were relatively easy. On another occasion we went for the corner when we were only 9 7 up then ballsed up the line out maul.

Thought Brett had a bit of a shocker and couldn't even blame the Duke who was acting hydration technician. A lot of poor kicks from hand.

Yeah the scrum was easily second best for 80-90% of scrums. Also turned over a lot of ball getting held up in the maul. Mulholland looked lively enough in the loose for his outing at lock. Probably with the 2nd row situation they looked at all the back rowers and said you're the tallest! Joyce is cut of the same cloth as Diack... a lineout option.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (87.9 KiB) Viewed 696 times
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Doing alright
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Brill
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

UAPKATURAB...

Ulster A previously known as the Ulster Ravens are brill?
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Mid Ulster ROB
Novice

Post by Mid Ulster ROB »

Ulster A team & replacements to play Cardiff Blues Premiership Select, Saturday 17th December, Pontypridd RFC (kick-off 2.30pm):
(15-9): Jack Owens, Connor Kelly, Rory Butler, Mark Best, David Busby, Johnny McPhillips, Dave Shanahan;
(1-8): Tommy O'Hagan, John Andrew (captain), Jonny Simpson, Connor Smyth, Stephen Mulholland, Nick Timoney, Conor Joyce, Lorcan Dow;
Replacements (16-22): Jonny Murphy, Peter Cooper, John McCusker, Zack McCall, Jonny Stewart, Brett Herron, Josh Jordan

After last weeks game the following report was produced on the Rainey website

Ulster Call-Up For Young Rainey Duo
Two former products of their club's underage section brought further honour to Rainey Old Boys when they were selected on the Ulster "A" matchday squad which defeated a Cardiff Blues Premiership Select 16-10 in the British and Irish Cup under lights at Eaton Park, Ballymena last Friday night.

Prop forward Tommy O'Hagan was brought into the Ulster Academy last season on the strength of his exploits for Rainey. He was given plenty of game time throughout the season, his barnstorming style making him an instant hit with the home crowd. With several props in the Ulster squad ruled out by injury, he has been called up to the "A" squad on a few occasions and on Friday night he came off the bench early in the game.

Towering second-row John McCusker, who only turned eighteen in July, has made giant strides in the last few months. Having played on the Ireland U18 XV, he is now in the Ulster Development set-up and, despite having made only eight appearances in senior rugby, was called up to the "A" team for last week's game. And, when brought on as a replacement, he became the youngest-ever player to represent Ulster at this level. A meteoric rise if ever there was one. He made a big impact when he made his senior debut at Midleton in October. Coming off the bench as a replacement, he helped to swing the issue in Rainey's favour with an amazing run which led to a vital try.

The Rainey club is strong at underage level and hopes are high that some of the current U18 side can progress at a higher level and perhaps follow in the footsteps of Tommy and John. Some of them receive coaching in Ulster Development squads.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

McCusker sounds promising, has he any dog in him?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:McCusker sounds promising, has he any dog in him?
This is him in dog mode Dave
abitofdog.jpg
abitofdog.jpg (21.96 KiB) Viewed 545 times
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Thought he is still a work in progress in that regard when I saw him play for Rainey's seniors not too long ago but have heard some reports that he most certainly does. Heck of a physical specimen for that age, apparently a whole family of giants those McCuskers.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

therealspratt wrote:
Thought he is still a work in progress in that regard when I saw him play for Rainey's seniors not too long ago but have heard some reports that he most certainly does. Heck of a physical specimen for that age, apparently a whole family of giants those McCuskers.
He is an excellent mix of fine young man off the pitch and hard as nails on it. He has been exceptional since minis and it's just a matter of whether he can take all the steps up in his stride. He has a long way to go, but the signs are good.
The Boo Radleys
Warrior

Post by The Boo Radleys »

3-3 after 16 mins....
The six most dangerous words in the English Language - Your reward will come in Heaven...
The Boo Radleys
Warrior

Second McPhillips penalty for 6-3
The six most dangerous words in the English Language - Your reward will come in Heaven...
The Boo Radleys
Warrior

10-6 Cardiff after 30