Bad News Day for the DUPers.

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Re: Bad News Day for the DUPers.

Post by shamalicious »

Has Arlene been at the water?
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

The two final candidates to be head of the civil service are individuals who both have links to the Renewable Heat Incentive, the News Letter understands.
Stormont’s top mandarin, Sir Malcolm McKibbin, is to retire at the end of next month, having served in the top Stormont Castle post since 2011. Andrew McCormick The first round of interviews to succeed him have already taken place and it is understood that the two final candidates are David Sterling and Andrew McCormick. Both men served as permanent secretary (the most senior official in a department) of the old Department of Enterprise, Trade and Investment (DETI) during the period in which there were serious problems with the RHI scheme. Mr Sterling was there from the start of the scheme until 2014, at which point Mr McCormick took over. Both men have already appeared before the Assembly’s Public Accounts Committee in recent months as part of its inquiry into the scheme.Mr McCormick is now permanent secretary of the Department for the Economy, while Mr Sterling is the top official at the Department of Finance.It is understood that both men will be interviewed by First Minister Arlene Foster and Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness as part of the appointment process.A spokesperson for the Executive Office said: “We do not comment on live recruitment competitions. Information relating to the process is contained with the NICS Recruitment Policy and Procedures Manual.”
Read more at: http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/rhi-sc ... -1-7744056
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rooster wrote:
The two final candidates to be head of the civil service are individuals who both have links to the Renewable Heat Incentive, the News Letter understands.
Stormont’s top mandarin, Sir Malcolm McKibbin, is to retire at the end of next month, having served in the top Stormont Castle post since 2011. Andrew McCormick The first round of interviews to succeed him have already taken place and it is understood that the two final candidates are David Sterling and Andrew McCormick. Both men served as permanent secretary (the most senior official in a department) of the old Department of Enterprise, Trade and Investment (DETI) during the period in which there were serious problems with the RHI scheme. Mr Sterling was there from the start of the scheme until 2014, at which point Mr McCormick took over. Both men have already appeared before the Assembly’s Public Accounts Committee in recent months as part of its inquiry into the scheme.Mr McCormick is now permanent secretary of the Department for the Economy, while Mr Sterling is the top official at the Department of Finance.It is understood that both men will be interviewed by First Minister Arlene Foster and Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness as part of the appointment process.A spokesperson for the Executive Office said: “We do not comment on live recruitment competitions. Information relating to the process is contained with the NICS Recruitment Policy and Procedures Manual.”
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I bet Marty will be looking forward to this and has already decided that Andrew McCormick is perfect for the job.

Arlene may have to coalesce despite her preference for her man Mr Sterling, just incase Andrew decides he has been passed over because he tipped the wink to that hallion Bell and sues.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Rooster wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I bet Marty will be looking forward to this and has already decided that Andrew McCormick is perfect for the job.

Arlene may have to coalesce despite her preference for her man Mr Sterling, just incase Andrew decides he has been passed over because he tipped the wink to that hallion Bell and sues.
It is a disgrace that either of them is even being considered for the top job since they were incompetent at their previous post, if they were in private industry they would be fortunate not to be signing on and with their references from previous employment would be lucky to get a car park attendants job.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Looks like Arlene is in more trouble [SMIRKING FACE]
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

shamalicious wrote:Looks like Arlene is in more trouble [SMIRKING FACE]
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-38466327

So much for not knowing the potential ruin of the scheme, just not bright enough, or perhaps honest enough, to see the end result. The worst outcome for her is that it comes out in the wash that many close supporters/constituents/family members are busy filling their boots at your expense & mine. Then you move into the territory marked corruption.

It looks serious for Mrs Fascist but then again, nobody thought a tax dodging, misogynist, xenophobic racist could become POTUS. It appears the key requirement for high office is a big bulging brass neck.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

basterds.png
basterds.png (167.43 KiB) Viewed 659 times
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Brian Dunn 382
Novice

Post by Brian Dunn 382 »

I can't decide whether this is a mixture of incompetence and scam or just pure scam. What makes me veer towards scam is that both politicians and civil servants seemed to be relaxed about abuse of the scheme when they thought HM Treasury was picking up the bill. Panic only set in when Treasury informed Stormont they were picking up the bill. I think this part of the DUP/Sinn Fein policy of bleeding as much money to whatever cause from UK government to NI as seen in benefits debacle.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Brian Dunn 382 wrote:I can't decide whether this is a mixture of incompetence and scam or just pure scam. What makes me veer towards scam is that both politicians and civil servants seemed to be relaxed about abuse of the scheme when they thought HM Treasury was picking up the bill. Panic only set in when Treasury informed Stormont they were picking up the bill. I think this part of the DUP/Sinn Fein policy of bleeding as much money to whatever cause from UK government to NI as seen in benefits debacle.
And Treasury may still have picked up the tab if the stupid twunts had remembered to submit approval to Treasury at the appropriate time and not months later after an investigation into the farce.
Scam though seems to come to mind as there appears to have been an inner circle of claimants who just participated in the scheme to make money and not actually have a valid reason or use for the heat being generated, plenty more like the church who put in a £35k boiler to save £1 k a year of oil, economically that would never stack up in a business case
Rory Best
Brian Dunn 382
Novice

Post by Brian Dunn 382 »

Apologies if already posted - NIAO report on RHI -https://www.niauditoffice.gov.uk/sites/ ... ion%29.pdf
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Brian Dunn 382 wrote:I can't decide whether this is a mixture of incompetence and scam or just pure scam. What makes me veer towards scam is that both politicians and civil servants seemed to be relaxed about abuse of the scheme when they thought HM Treasury was picking up the bill. Panic only set in when Treasury informed Stormont they were picking up the bill. I think this part of the DUP/Sinn Fein policy of bleeding as much money to whatever cause from UK government to NI as seen in benefits debacle.
Benefits debacle? Hilarious stuff coming from a Tory.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

DUP aren't incompetent, they're crafty barstewards.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

shamalicious wrote:DUP aren't incompetent, they're crafty barstewards.
Their advisors and civil servants are incompetent though
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Dave wrote:
Yes the benefits debacle is really bad, something seriously wrong when a family can pull over £50k a year in benefits and there is actually no one in the family needing even part time health care.
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Rooster wrote:
Dave wrote:
Yes the benefits debacle is really bad, something seriously wrong when a family can pull over £50k a year in benefits and there is actually no one in the family needing even part time health care.
The Tories made the severest cuts to the most disabled. To the point that Ian Duncan-Smith grew a conscience.

Out of interest what are their conditions? What benefits are they claiming?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?