New tackle laws from 3.1.2017

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: New tackle laws from 3.1.2017

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:
GLENN CORNICK wrote:
Dave wrote:
Russ wrote:
Dave wrote:Rugby is dead.
F1
The Giants or F1 will be my new sport.

No they won't; you and the rest of us are hooked on rugby.The Fates have set our destiny.
I like all sport though
No, you have to only like rugby.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

I fear more and more games are going to be decided by yellow and red cards. Home town crowds will have more of an influence.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Interesting yellow card to say the least.

http://www.rugbydump.com/2017/01/5518/n ... -challenge
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

againstthehead wrote:Interesting yellow card to say the least.

That's a jackass decision.
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

The famous LK choke tackle may lead to problems for Henderson and Mccloskey.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dharper wrote:The famous LK choke tackle may lead to problems for Henderson and Mccloskey.
Im worried about Wilson and Ah you
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Snipe Watson wrote:

@
Based on that you can no longer challenge in the air. Just encourages attacking sides to boot the ball in the air and chase it as sides can no longer aford to compete. Red cards just decimate games and I can see folk being turned off rugby pretty quickly with the ways things are going.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

againstthehead wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

@
Based on that you can no longer challenge in the air. Just encourages attacking sides to boot the ball in the air and chase it as sides can no longer aford to compete. Red cards just decimate games and I can see folk being turned off rugby pretty quickly with the ways things are going.
The Dan Biggar. Always felt how he does his up and unders are extremely dangerous
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Neither yellow cards warranted a penalty never mind a yellow.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

WR have opened a whole can of worms with this law. They are just shifting the point of impact rather than dealing with the problem. The other good point they make is that all the onus is on the defending player. What about the attacker acting recklessly in regard to his own safety?
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Terrific piece Rooster, I really enjoyed that. This has the potential to turn rugby into a complete joke.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

againstthehead wrote:
Terrific piece Rooster, I really enjoyed that. This has the potential to turn rugby into a complete joke.
Indeed and they didn't even cover the problem that Reidy had last night.
It was interesting with the penalty try that Mitrea actually signalled held up scrum 5 then the tmo brought up the tackle
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Pimpmac
Initiate

Post by Pimpmac »

So based on the tackle that's Reidy made last night are we correct to assume going forward that all you have to do is go exceptionally low off the corner of a ruck as the Scarlett's player did and it will be a yellow card and penalty try if contact is made as Reidy did. There is no way of defending this anymore. This will become the new choke tackle scenario where teams will take advantage of a rule to force a decision there way. So we will see the advent of coaches just getting their players to start ducking into tackles to gain an advantage. This actually has the potential of making the tackle even more dangerous and potentially more head injuries as a result... :banghead:

Starting to lose the will with rugby, the rule makers don't actually have a clue and are starting to destroy the game.

Of course we will naturally have the situation where refs as they are generally pretty useless at being consistent will apply the law in a totally indiscriminate way. That will frustrate just as much.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Pimpmac wrote:So based on the tackle that's Reidy made last night are we correct to assume going forward that all you have to do is go exceptionally low off the corner of a ruck as the Scarlett's player did and it will be a yellow card and penalty try if contact is made as Reidy did. There is no way of defending this anymore. This will become the new choke tackle scenario where teams will take advantage of a rule to force a decision there way. So we will see the advent of coaches just getting their players to start ducking into tackles to gain an advantage. This actually has the potential of making the tackle even more dangerous and potentially more head injuries as a result... :banghead:

Starting to lose the will with rugby, the rule makers don't actually have a clue and are starting to destroy the game.

Of course we will naturally have the situation where refs as they are generally pretty useless at being consistent will apply the law in a totally indiscriminate way. That will frustrate just as much.
As Kay and Moyne have pointed out it could well be potentially more dangerous if you try and stop a player legally.
At speed if someone is coming at you low with his head down you will have to go lower and either get a knew in the head as they suggest or I would think of another possible problem as if the attacker is already leaning well forward if you go under him he will go over the top and land on his head unless you hit him so hard he goes backwards :scratch: laws of physics gravity and all that shiite :thumleft:
Rory Best