B & I Cup 16/17

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dan Dare
Squire

Re: B & I Cup 16/17

Post by Dan Dare »

Bottom line is that London Scottish are Tom Kite and we should win this game. They will not be putting out a strong side. Feck that is long winded dross.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Dan Dare wrote:Bottom line is that London Scottish are Tom Kite and we should win this game. They will not be putting out a strong side. Feck that is long winded dross.
Ulster A 14 pts
Jersey Reds 13 pts
London Scottish 11 pts
Cardiff Blues Premiership Select 3 pts

LS can still qualify. Playing Blues PS XV, who are bottom of the pool in R6. Ulster travel to The Isle of Bergerac...

LS won the 1st game 34-29.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Rem99 wrote:Anybody know what the qualification rules are now that London Welsh have been chucked out? :fleg: :red: :red:
They are saying on the Munster Forum that for their group it will be done on average points, i.e. Munster likely to end on 19 from 4 games, which would be 4.75/game x 6 = 29
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Neill_M wrote:
Dan Dare wrote:Bottom line is that London Scottish are Tom Kite and we should win this game. They will not be putting out a strong side. Feck that is long winded dross.
Ulster A 14 pts
Jersey Reds 13 pts
London Scottish 11 pts
Cardiff Blues Premiership Select 3 pts

LS can still qualify. Playing Blues PS XV, who are bottom of the pool in R6. Ulster travel to The Isle of Bergerac...

LS won the 1st game 34-29.
Any of the top 3 are in a position to qualify , LS mid table of Championship so not that bad, Will be interesting to see the team selections, with the PR being pushed for this game it would appear that Ulster are taking the B&! cup seriously this year so looking forward to a strong team from them. Ulster need a win on Friday and then to get something in Jersey, LW withdrawing was poor.

Are London Scottish part financed now by SRU ??
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

I am highly suspicious of all this promotion of this match, for fecks sake they have done their best to hide these matches since the competition began
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Covers on standby..
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rooster wrote:I am highly suspicious of all this promotion of this match, for fecks sake they have done their best to hide these matches since the competition began
Strange one indeed

I found myself googling a trip to Jersey for next week before catching myself on

I assume though the glitterati of UR PR will be in Jersey on a jolly

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I think we have reached peak cynicism on here if we are criticising UR for promoting an A fixture. Last year the fixtures were classified.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Neill_M wrote:Image

Covers on standby..
:scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
Yip, put them on top of the snow to keep the pitch cool :thumleft:
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weat ... 1484179200
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Given there are only 4 fit props up Spanners way and all must go to Exeter, any ideas of 4 players who will play this crucial match? Hookers anyone?

Will someone be double jobbing?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

O'Hagan, Murphy, and Trenier would be a reasonable bet for the front row with Cooper covering prop and either Zac McCall or McBurney as backup hooker.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Given there are only 4 fit props up Spanners way and all must go to Exeter, any ideas of 4 players who will play this crucial match? Hookers anyone?

Probably the academy lads. Trenier at tight head. Then you have Cooper, Tommy O'Hagan and Michael Lagan but I've no idea if they are loose or tightheads.
Last edited by Dave on Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
The Boo Radleys
Warrior

Post by The Boo Radleys »

Bottom line is that London Scottish are Tom Kite and we should win this game.
I was at the first match in Richmond - they weren't Tom Kite that day - at least they looked like they knew each other, always a problem with the 'A's'.

David
The six most dangerous words in the English Language - Your reward will come in Heaven...
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

An interesting choice will be at scrumhalf, who will start between Stewart and Cairns? Or potentially might they keep Cairns to the wing and give Rhys O'Donnell a bench spot?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Dave wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Given there are only 4 fit props up Spanners way and all must go to Exeter, any ideas of 4 players who will play this crucial match? Hookers anyone?

Probably the academy lads. Trenier at tight head. Then you have Cooper, Tommy O'Hagan and Michael Lagan but I've no idea if they are loose or tightheads.
Have those A games not just 1 prop on bench ?
Rory Best