Arno Botha

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: Arno Botha

Post by justinr73 »

Russ wrote:Stevie Ferris talks about the team having lost their passion for the red hand

That doesnt mean us supporters should lose our passion for the red hand

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
This, although I'm only really qualified to say that wearing a different white shirt.

No team has a right to win things consistently (and I think we'd soon get bored of it if they did).

The only difference between what's happened with RP and what happens in most sports all the time is that your key players usually feck off of their own accord (which is no easier to take or recover from).

Further, no one player is bigger than the club or irreplaceable (although it can take a while...)

The nearest exception to that, sadly for me, is when best player/legend/icon retires in 1960, you get relegated the season after and you've still not reached the top flight again since....

Even then you can run a big side close in the cup and then beat the league leaders in the space of a week and you soon remember why you're in it for the long haul....
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

??????????????????????WTF?
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Cracker wrote:Totally agree Baggy. My big question is to our provinces reps. on the IRFU. What exactly do you do for Ulster Rugby? Do you never question the decisions by someone who is simply an employee of the IRFU? If Nacewa is given and extended contract ( as I believe is likely) along with the ridiculous recent Munster decision will you question it and will all of you be men enough, if it is necessary, to walk our of this one sided group of men and hang the consequences? If not you clearly place the perks of a rep to the IRFU way ahead of good Ulster Rugby.
A decision to withdraw Ulster venues from the IRFU from the World Cup application might do the trick.
What venues would you propose withdrawing from the application and by whom? .. Ulster Rugby don't own any...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cockatrice wrote:
Cracker wrote:Totally agree Baggy. My big question is to our provinces reps. on the IRFU. What exactly do you do for Ulster Rugby? Do you never question the decisions by someone who is simply an employee of the IRFU? If Nacewa is given and extended contract ( as I believe is likely) along with the ridiculous recent Munster decision will you question it and will all of you be men enough, if it is necessary, to walk our of this one sided group of men and hang the consequences? If not you clearly place the perks of a rep to the IRFU way ahead of good Ulster Rugby.
A decision to withdraw Ulster venues from the IRFU from the World Cup application might do the trick.
What venues would you propose withdrawing from the application and by whom? .. Ulster Rugby don't own any...
And the GAA one is not even a building site
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Not to say the DUP won't play politics with Casement because it remains critical to the RWC
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Baggy
Can I say that I don't know a single Leinster fan who would begrudge Ulster keeping Pienaar?
Everyone I know is of the opinion he should stay and that's it's just stupid that Nucifora has decreed otherwise.
As regards Nacewa, he should definitely stay with us for another year. He is full value for whatever he is being paid. A pleasure to watch.
I would point out to Ulster fans that we were on the wrong end of an IRFU edict not to resign Nathan Hines some years ago so the Union has form on this.
As regards the wider Ulster malaise, the root of it to me is a certain amount of short termism. You really need to up your game at teenage level. Ulster should be supplying 4 to 5 starters each year to the Irish under age sides for the playing population you have. Leave aside the elitist conveyor belt of talent from the top Leinster private schools, just look, FFS, at the way Nigel Carolan and company are churning out talent in the West. Pat Lam's success wasn't just an accident.

With that said, I believe in Les Kiss and my money is that he is going to progress the Ulster set up if given a couple of years.
Yours in rugby,
D4
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Dublin4 wrote:Baggy
Can I say that I don't know a single Leinster fan who would begrudge Ulster keeping Pienaar?
Everyone I know is of the opinion he should stay and that's it's just stupid that Nucifora has decreed otherwise.
As regards Nacewa, he should definitely stay with us for another year. He is full value for whatever he is being paid. A pleasure to watch.
I would point out to Ulster fans that we were on the wrong end of an IRFU edict not to resign Nathan Hines some years ago so the Union has form on this.
As regards the wider Ulster malaise, the root of it to me is a certain amount of short termism. You really need to up your game at teenage level. Ulster should be supplying 4 to 5 starters each year to the Irish under age sides for the playing population you have. Leave aside the elitist conveyor belt of talent from the top Leinster private schools, just look, FFS, at the way Nigel Carolan and company are churning out talent in the West. Pat Lam's success wasn't just an accident.

With that said, I believe in Les Kiss and my money is that he is going to progress the Ulster set up if given a couple of years.
Yours in rugby,
D4
There you are Baggy, up your game at teenage level. You might get a place in the Academy if you move schools.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Baggy is too busy with the germoloids to respond
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Blow in
Novice

Post by Blow in »

Dublin4 wrote:Baggy

Yours in rugby,
D4
There is plenty of talent there, its just the feck from UR cant identify it or wont identify it because of the school/club they play at. Rhys O'Donnell being a prime example.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Expecting Ulster to confirm last week's reported arrivals, Arno Botha and John Cooney, at some stage today.

Jonathan Bradley on Twitter
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

https://twitter.com/JBradleyBT/status/8 ... 4812616704

Look at the sites in his browser in the first photo, Jonathan Bradley reads UAFC. :lol:

Hey Jonathan! Hope you're not getting your transfer info from Russ.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
UlsterAreBrill
Initiate

Post by UlsterAreBrill »

Russ is Jonathan Bradley
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

#rugby Ulster Rugby will confirm this morning that Arno Botha and John Conney will be joining the Province from next season #somegoodnews

R Mulligan
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

thecrouch wrote:https://twitter.com/JBradleyBT/status/8 ... 4812616704

Look at the sites in his browser in the first photo, Jonathan Bradley reads UAFC. Image

Hey Jonathan! Hope you're not getting your transfer info from Russ.
UlsterAreBrill wrote:Russ is Jonathan Bradley
I dont post transfer rumours

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Its not a rumour no more. Confirmed.