SDC match versus Exeter

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: SDC match versus Exeter

Post by kingofthehill »

Well that was beyond pish.

Our pack is a disgrace. We have one carrier who gets double teamed every time. If Ulster had two other ball carriers in the pack then Hendy would be devastating.

Our defence system......do we have one? That game reminded me of Ireland v Argentina when it looked like we were playing with 12 players. Every time Steenson went out the back door we were numbers down. Is this Kiss's fault?

Our set piece goes backwards on our own ball. How can you run a back move with that?

We are 5m out from the line and 12 phases later we are behind the 22. Think what Exeter did when they were 5m out-it was a stroll over the line.

Haven't been this annoyed watching Ulster in a long long time.

How many wins do we have in the last 12?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

scrum5 wrote:For his 1st start, Shanners did rightly
Once again, ye'd wonder why the f**k UR have persisted with the headless beagle till date?
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

As expected.
Simply not good and the bullshyte excuses are just that.
Four wins from twelve and even some of those flattered us, can't be glossed over or excused. Annoyed with myself for still caring, but it's what we do.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Taken from UR Snapchat.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

kingofthehill wrote:Well that was beyond pish.

Our pack is a disgrace. We have one carrier who gets double teamed every time. If Ulster had two other ball carriers in the pack then Hendy would be devastating.

Our defence system......do we have one? That game reminded me of Ireland v Argentina when it looked like we were playing with 12 players. Every time Steenson went out the back door we were numbers down. Is this Kiss's fault?

Our set piece goes backwards on our own ball. How can you run a back move with that?

We are 5m out from the line and 12 phases later we are behind the 22. Think what Exeter did when they were 5m out-it was a stroll over the line.

the narrow defence is easily read and Trimble does seem to have a habit of coming inside to bash anything he can... one common denominator is KISS.

even a past the sell by date telly tubby (Thomas) can slice through Ulster defence from 5 metres and make it look simple..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Yet another youngster gets thrown in and doesn't disappoint, how many is that now, Stockdale, Lyttle, Cairns, Simpson, Kane, Shanners, & that is all down to the management both at senior and academy level, I wonder how many more are lurking in the Break Glass Only in Emergency Cabinet?
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Cockatrice wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:Well that was beyond pish.

the narrow defence is easily read and Trimble does seem to have a habit of coming inside to bash anything he can... one common denominator is KISS.

even a past the sell by date telly tubby (Thomas) can slice through Ulster defence from 5 metres and make it look simple..
Hard to blame Trimble bar the 1st try. If you look at how the players are detached in the midfield it makes it incredibly difficult for wingers. McCloskey is an awful defenders,how on earth Cave isn't in that backline is beyond me. Payne and Cave are quality defenders.

ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

scrum5 wrote:Yet another youngster gets thrown in and doesn't disappoint, how many is that now, Stockdale, Lyttle, Cairns, Simpson, Kane, Shanners, & that is all down to the management both at senior and academy level, I wonder how many more are lurking in the Break Glass Only in Emergency Cabinet?
As I keep saying. Name me one young player who we've given a shot in the last 3/4 years who has been poor. Whatever mindset we have in terms of promoting Academy players to the senior team is seriously flawed.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
DWFinn
Novice

Post by DWFinn »

Well this is rock-bottom and I'm quite happy to be here because it's where we belong.
Our coaching is substandard.
Our culture stinks.
Our Academy is ineffective.

I'm not sure who I'm hoping will take action to change all this. The IRFU are content with our ruination - or Ruanation (ba-dum-tzz) - and Logan has overseen the current debacle.

I dream of a Johann/ Ruan/ Terblanche coaching ticket. Why Terblanche? I dunno - reminds me of happier times.
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

I'm so glad Kofth has brought up the McCloskey/Marshall pairing. I'm not impressed with McCloskey and Marshall's decision making is too often poor. It's cave for me, he was poor at the end of last season but we need him back asap.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Joe Schmo wrote:I'm so glad Kofth has brought up the McCloskey/Marshall pairing. I'm not impressed with McCloskey and Marshall's decision making is too often poor. It's cave for me, he was poor at the end of last season but we need him back asap.
The problem is we need Mccloskey in the team as a ball carrier because our forwards are complete muck and can't get over the gainline. I wonder do they work on using their feet to find a gap and actually run on the ball,it's so static.

Marshall 12 and Cave 13.

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

ruckover wrote:
scrum5 wrote:Yet another youngster gets thrown in and doesn't disappoint, how many is that now, Stockdale, Lyttle, Cairns, Simpson, Kane, Shanners, & that is all down to the management both at senior and academy level, I wonder how many more are lurking in the Break Glass Only in Emergency Cabinet?
As I keep saying. Name me one young player who we've given a shot in the last 3/4 years who has been poor. Whatever mindset we have in terms of promoting Academy players to the senior team is seriously flawed.
Conor Joyce
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
SOU
Novice

Post by SOU »

Anyone clear up the Shananhan knock on, which was initially awarded 5m scrum to us, then the TMO chirped up and told Romain.

Is a TMO not only allowed to make those calls if it's referred by ref initially? Which is wasn't.
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

kingofthehill wrote:
Joe Schmo wrote:I'm so glad Kofth has brought up the McCloskey/Marshall pairing. I'm not impressed with McCloskey and Marshall's decision making is too often poor. It's cave for me, he was poor at the end of last season but we need him back asap.
The problem is we need Mccloskey in the team as a ball carrier because our forwards are complete muck and can't get over the gainline. I wonder do they work on using their feet to find a gap and actually run on the ball,it's so static.

Marshall 12 and Cave 13.

if we see the static ball why can the coaches not? I hear you about McCloskey's ball carrying but how effective has been recently? I think Charlie carries better tbh!
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

We dont have the rugby intelligence or discipline to play a drift defence. It is much easier to get everyone in a line and bust a gut to get up quick and smash them. What makes it even worse is we dont dominate tackles and have zero turnover threat, therefore we are simply giving up easy metres all the time. Can anyone think of another team that defends the way we do?