SDC match versus Exeter

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: SDC match versus Exeter

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I really must take exception to suggestions that KOTH has just highlighted the problems of the McCloskey/Luke nonpartnership. I have been pointing it out for at least 3 months that it is at the heart of our failure to score enough tries.

Indeed I believe if you go back to about the third game of the season, I was already saying this when we were winning. It doesn't work, simple.

Furthermore, it exists because Kiss needs McCloskeys go forward because the pack is bereft if carriers. He needs to find another way, we just aren't scoring tries, look at the Pro12 table.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

It's not Large Stuart's fault Baggy. Our pack is completely and utterly pish.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

222toHounslow wrote:It's not Large Stuart's fault Baggy. Our pack is completely and utterly pish.
He still needs to know where to be in defence.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dave wrote:Image
That's disgusting

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

Our analyst like all here has obviously identified........
Could write the list we all have harped on about for seasons but taking the coaches mentality, it will probably work itself out!

And there you have it, problem identified, Kiss says the players aren't working hard enough, the coaching ticket need to have a good long look in the mirror.

At least under McLaughlin and Anscombe we had systems in place that the players new and understood.

As an aside it was suggested to me earlier after the game we email Sky who have the game next week that supporters will be turning up but then refuse to enter the stadium and are available for interviews outside just what attention it would get.

As much as I Like the thought of it I once again will be stupidly taking my usual place and hoping to see an improvement once again.

As much as it pains me to say it though, I am now assessing my purchase of season tickets for next year.
Between Facebook and this forum I really do hope UR are getting the message and doing something about this cluster and I just don't mean this season!

#Depressed
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Like sheep you will all turn up, we will be brill again, bake bookers are asking questions , like , who owns the club, can they arrange a sit down meeting with the ,er board. If Logan won't even go to clubs, he is hardly going to meet with super fans.

I was at the game watching him parade around the pitch on his bloody mobile phone, this is a bit of a habit, is he doing it to look important , anyone know why he is always working around the grounds on the pitch, maybe something Devine
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

In answer to Baggys quote above I believe there is an alternative to the need for smashing ball carriers and it actually lies more in the past- the offload.
The New rules have come in and have the potential to change the game as much as lifting in the line-out and the 5 point try.
Tackling will have to be lower therefore hands are freeier to pass out of the tackle.
Also the strike in contact with the ball carrier will be similarly punished so I envisage the hand off to come back in vogue as it's deemed a push rather than a strike.

The overall affect will hopefully be an end to tedious multiphase play and more ball in hand play which we all want to see.
At least that's what I've been coaching for the last month.

My findings were interesting especially that younger lads don't know how to hand off to free the other hand to off load.
They dont know how to tackle low.
Interestingly Shalk Brits admitted recently that he had never been shown how to tackle low.
Head injuries came about through clash of heads between players from the same side tackling low.

I could go on but I wouldn't want to bore you all.
However this will only come in when the kiwis and Aussies start to do it so we'll react to them by which point they'll have moved on.

Are the Ulster lads capable of playing in this fashion?
Well I believe so.
Hendy McCloskey Marshall Cp would be devastating if they did this.
The problem is everyone must buy into it for in to work.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Kofi Annan wrote:Like sheep you will all turn up, we will be brill again, bake bookers are asking questions , like , who owns the club, can they arrange a sit down meeting with the ,er board. If Logan won't even go to clubs, he is hardly going to meet with super fans.

I was at the game watching him parade around the pitch on his bloody mobile phone, this is a bit of a habit, is he doing it to look important , anyone know why he is always working around the grounds on the pitch, maybe something Devine
You were there like I was. Did you not find it bizarre Ulster ambled up the touchline from their coach about an hour before kick off whilst Exeter were already starting to warm up on the pitch? Didnt seem to me to be a team focussed on fighting for a QF place :scratch: again Kiss has ultimate responsibility for overseeing that type of prep.

Logans role is essential for team security, Special Weapon And Tw*t
Exterminate all rational thought
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

222toHounslow wrote:It's not Large Stuart's fault Baggy. Our pack is completely and utterly pish.

Whose fault it is is neither hear nor their 2x3, the simple fact is that it is not working as a partnership.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
twiglet
Initiate

Post by twiglet »

Well, now that we won't get out of our group, the coaches can feel safe. I think Ulster only get rid of coaches who have been successful. McGloks got us to final- got rid of him, Anscome got to Pro 12 final and also out of european group - too successful so Ulster got rid of him. Present ones are failing so let's keep them.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

I agree Baggy. Cave must come back into that team in some capacity. Luke Marshall looked out of it as usual sadly. I would fear for him at 12. Other options are Piutau or Ludi in the centre to offer something different. Ludi is a cracking centre but probably more valuable at FB in JP s absence. Charlie had a right go at Marshall when they scored their second try. He looks like a guy who realises hes been sold a pup.
Kane sadly looks like he's wrecked his ankle when their scrum drove over ours.
Exterminate all rational thought
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BaggyTrousers wrote:

Whose fault it is is neither hear nor their 2x3, the simple fact is that it is not working as a partnership.
And it hasn't been changed despite the obvious problems with it which is daft and makes me wonder what the feck the coaches and analysts are doing, it's a bit like the Ludik on the wing and CP at fullback, it took weeks to see what fans saw after 1 match
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Great game until the penalty try. If we had played like that during the previous two games I would not feel quite so sick.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Among all the [very justified] doom and gloom I think wee Davy Shanahan did pretty well, certainly showed he is capable of more than Marshall and with time could turn out to be half-decent.

Of course one swallow does not make a summer, up to him to put in another good showing next week or he's back to square one.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND