Brexit - now we see what it means.

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Brexit - now we see what it means.

Post by Russ »

BR wrote:
Russ wrote: She advocated skills based immigration system, one I think 95% of UK residents know we need

95% of UK residents don't know what a skills based immigration system entails. We often hear the term 'like Australia'. Speak to Australians and they will tell you about the utter nonsense in the implementation of their immigration policies.
Stop using logic

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Well, the Supreme Court have told Mrs Mantis to behave herself & a bill for trigger BRexit must pass through both the Commons and the Lords.

The Commons will be a pushover as the Fossil has said he expects Labour MPs to vote in favour. The Lords is a different matter, no govt majority & the could get a tad testy as they probably well know that it was her fear of the Lords rather than the Commons that drove Mrs Mantis to act all regal & say, I'm doing it, fu@k yis.

Only their Lordships & Ladyships will possibly delay matters beyond March but at least what the people voted for allegedly, the sovereignty of parliament is to be seen to be done.

Congratulations to the Supreme Court, I don't trust May, I see a previous history of making a balls of things under her watch, I'm not convinced by her all things to all Brits speeches & doubt her competence. She should not be encouraged to believe herself to be above the laws of the land and able to ride roughshod over parliament.

A good day for justice, and not really a bad day for BRexiteers, it will not matter in the long run.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Well, the Supreme Court have told Mrs Mantis to behave herself & a bill for trigger BRexit must pass through both the Commons and the Lords.

The Commons will be a pushover as the Fossil has said he expects Labour MPs to vote in favour. The Lords is a different matter, no govt majority & the could get a tad testy as they probably well know that it was her fear of the Lords rather than the Commons that drove Mrs Mantis to act all regal & say, I'm doing it, fu@k yis.

Only their Lordships & Ladyships will possibly delay matters beyond March but at least what the people voted for allegedly, the sovereignty of parliament is to be seen to be done.

Congratulations to the Supreme Court, I don't trust May, I see a previous history of making a balls of things under her watch, I'm not convinced by her all things to all Brits speeches & doubt her competence. She should not be encouraged to believe herself to be above the laws of the land and able to ride roughshod over parliament.

A good day for justice, and not really a bad day for BRexiteers, it will not matter in the long run.
Absolutely the correct decision. This is a parliamentary democracy after all. Like Les Kiss, they should be allowed to do their job without being sandbagged or railroaded.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Snipe Watson wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Well, the Supreme Court have told Mrs Mantis to behave herself & a bill for trigger BRexit must pass through both the Commons and the Lords.

Absolutely the correct decision. This is a parliamentary democracy after all. Like Les Kiss, they should be allowed to do their job without being sandbagged or railroaded.
They should have let her trigger article 50 then shot her for treason
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Can anyone explain to me the labour party's/parties' approach to this?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rooster wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

I could go with that, the spindly legged bitch. I will gain modest respect for her if she tells Mr Fart that he is a torturing international criminal with the morals of an amoeba. However I expect she will come back with an RHI amount of hot air being blown up her ass by America First.

I discovered today that overnight POTUS Fart has announced India as USA's new best friend, so with Israel clearly the real best friend I suppose Mrs Mantis will settle for the position formerly occupied by Tony B Liar as 1st poodle to the President and return hence with the sage advice to build a wall in the middle of La Manche.

I look forward to hearing which parts of the apparently brief white paper the SNP propose to fit it's promised 50 amendments around.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

That must be one short Bill to be drafted and approved since Tuesday

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Rooster wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

Nice use of the words "trigger" and "shot" in the one sentence there Rooster. :thumleft:

Ironically, they would have to wait until it was concluded though, not just triggered ....... under European law, we haven't been allowed to just go shooting people for treason for a wee while now. >sniper

Otherwise, she could have been the first victim of British justice in the new era. :lol:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:Can anyone explain to me the labour party's/parties' approach to this?
Yes. It's called Corbyn's Strategy of Non-Interest.

Jezza the Fossil, a man out of his time, but sadly not yet out of time, continues to apply death by a million fu@kups to the Labour Party. Fair enough Mrs Mantis barely uttered a word in the referendum campaign but of those who "put in a shift" Jez was not one.

He is like a man who could barely conceal his total ambivalence & is now taking what he believes is the shrewd move of saying "we will not block article 50" so somebody doesn't tell him he's unelectable having gone against 52% of the "will of the people".

And that BR is it from start to finish. A hotchpotch of non-joined up dithering, for if you're going to dither properly, like Jez should, always make sure it's joined up.

I expect a large number of Labour's rump will vote against A50, primarily those from areas which voted remain, the testicle that is the Liberals will huff and puff and say never,never, never without the promise of a referendum of the BReit deal & the SNP will undoubtedly play silly buggers to stall delay & annoy.

Mrs Mantis will be thrilled to have Corruption Hot Air Central, aka The fu@king DUPers, voting staunchly in favour of what the people of NI don't want, the Shinners will not bother their respective shiteboxes voting against what the people of NI don't want . And then we wonder why nobody get's anything but a grandfathered hot air sheme. :duh:

I may not have mentioned it but I hate this vile wee statelet. I also hate Britain, barring Scotland occasionally, the USA in which the fourth Reich is growing and barely a news report of what the maniac is doing, most of the rest of the uncivilised world.

So their you go BR, Labour Policy plus.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

Nice use of the words "trigger" and "shot" in the one sentence there Rooster. :thumleft:

Ironically, they would have to wait until it was concluded though, not just triggered ....... under European law, we haven't been allowed to just go shooting people for treason for a wee while now. >sniper

Otherwise, she could have been the first victim of British justice in the new era. Image
Bound to be some old treason law for burning, hanging, shooting or dispatching of traitors that has not been used for a while but is still in force Grumps, if not sure make one up as she won't know the difference anyway.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
BR wrote:Can anyone explain to me the labour party's/parties' approach to this?
Yes. It's called Corbyn's Strategy of Non-Interest.

Jezza the Fossil, a man out of his time, but sadly not yet out of time, continues to apply death by a million fu@kups to the Labour Party. Fair enough Mrs Mantis barely uttered a word in the referendum campaign but of those who "put in a shift" Jez was not one.

He is like a man who could barely conceal his total ambivalence & is now taking what he believes is the shrewd move of saying "we will not block article 50" so somebody doesn't tell him he's unelectable having gone against 52% of the "will of the people".

And that BR is it from start to finish. A hotchpotch of non-joined up dithering, for if you're going to dither properly, like Jez should, always make sure it's joined up.

I expect a large number of Labour's rump will vote against A50, primarily those from areas which voted remain, the testicle that is the Liberals will huff and puff and say never,never, never without the promise of a referendum of the BReit deal & the SNP will undoubtedly play silly buggers to stall delay & annoy.

Mrs Mantis will be thrilled to have Corruption Hot Air Central, aka The fu@king DUPers, voting staunchly in favour of what the people of NI don't want, the Shinners will not bother their respective shiteboxes voting against what the people of NI don't want . And then we wonder why nobody get's anything but a grandfathered hot air sheme. :duh:

I may not have mentioned it but I hate this vile wee statelet. I also hate Britain, barring Scotland occasionally, the USA in which the fourth Reich is growing and barely a news report of what the maniac is doing, most of the rest of the uncivilised world.

So their you go BR, Labour Policy plus.
Since when did Corbyn dictate party policy?

A case of the Tory majority is too big, so we're not even going to try to oppose them.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Rooster wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

Otherwise, she could have been the first victim of British justice in the new era. Image
Bound to be some old treason law for burning, hanging, shooting or dispatching of traitors that has not been used for a while but is still in force Grumps, if not sure make one up as she won't know the difference anyway.
I suspect there were a few wherethe death penalty wasn't removed from the statute books, but fortunately or unfortunately (depending on your point of view), European law trumped (sorry for that) British law and doesn't allow for burning, hanging, shooting or otherwise dispatching of traitors or anyone else the state may wish to do away with.

Need to get out of Europe if you want to do that sort of thing! :stir:
I'm not arguing -
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Now, now, Captain. The death penalty was abolished by Act of UK parliament 1998. Don't blame/credit the EU.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BR wrote:Now, now, Captain. The death penalty was abolished by Act of UK parliament 1998. Don't blame/credit the EU.
Ok ...... fair enuffski ...... but it is the European Convention on Human Rights that prevents its restoration in the UK should Rooster wish to try to have Saint Theresa executed for treason. >EW

Obviously Rooster must be in favour of Brexit .......... :lol:
I'm not arguing -
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I wonder will May and Trump come up with a good US-Brit trade deal? She wouldn't want to sell off the NHS would she?

Brexit killed TTIP sure. It can't happen.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?