Ulster sides in UBL

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

dublane
Novice

Re: Ulster sides in UBL

Post by dublane »

Has there been much movement amongst clubs? players, coaches etc. Any word on the allocation of players from the academy? Will be interesting to see how Bangor recruit given their new status.
cheese
Initiate

Post by cheese »

As far as I am aware All development and contracted players are assigned to only Hinch and Ballymena. Academy players pick there own club. So technically Hinch and Ballymena are going to be filled mostly with Ulster players and Acadmey players. I cant see how that is fair on those club players who train each week. But then again when did Ulster care about the club game sadly.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

cheese wrote:As far as I am aware All development and contracted players are assigned to only Hinch and Ballymena. Academy players pick there own club. So technically Hinch and Ballymena are going to be filled mostly with Ulster players and Acadmey players. I cant see how that is fair on those club players who train each week. But then again when did Ulster care about the club game sadly.
Some are assigned to Banbridge as always
UR13IRFU
Novice

Post by UR13IRFU »

Was a big problem for Hinch last year with so many fringe squad and academy players only being allowed to train with the team on thur nights but guess that will never change as long as the branch continue to overlook the value of high level club rugby. I watched the ulster bank final on Sunday and have to say it was a cracking game, the clontarf outhalf Carbery was class and will no doubt play for ireland at senior level, Mick Mcgrath also impressed, he's a beast of a winger, heard he also got released from Leisnter, despite scoring 15 tries in UBL and a handful in B & I cup
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

UR13IRFU wrote:Was a big problem for Hinch last year with so many fringe squad and academy players only being allowed to train with the team on thur nights but guess that will never change as long as the branch continue to overlook the value of high level club rugby. I watched the ulster bank final on Sunday and have to say it was a cracking game, the clontarf outhalf Carbery was class and will no doubt play for ireland at senior level, Mick Mcgrath also impressed, he's a beast of a winger, heard he also got released from Leisnter, despite scoring 15 tries in UBL and a handful in B & I cup
McGrath's not got the smarts for making it at pro level, struggled when he came against pro size players that he couldn't run over. Carbery's a goodun' though.
UR13IRFU
Novice

Post by UR13IRFU »

I hear Mcphilips is joining Hinch and stockdale is returning to Hinch aswell. Suff stepping down as head coach and concentrating on being forwards coach. Any other movements around the clubs?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Belfast Harlequins 1st XV beaten 36-3 away to Cashel, a team who were 2nd bottom of 2A before today.

Their 2nds and 3rds fail to field last week.

What's going on?
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

UlsterNo9 wrote:Belfast Harlequins 1st XV beaten 36-3 away to Cashel, a team who were 2nd bottom of 2A before today.

Their 2nds and 3rds fail to field last week.

What's going on?
Ski trip

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

UR13IRFU wrote:
.... the clontarf outhalf Carbery was class and will no doubt play for ireland at senior level
New job as a scout required?!
Mary had a little lamb . . .
TheSnapper
Novice

Post by TheSnapper »

Word on the street is that Belfast's Premier Club is soon to be Bargain basement Q1 club at their own request, They are also failing to fulfil their McCrea Cup match this Sat as they cannot field a 2nd XV. So, all is good in Ulster Domestic Rugby Mr Logan.

Donaghadee last week struggled to put a first XV out and no supporters or coach at the game
Available for weddings May to August only
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

TheSnapper wrote:Word on the street is that Belfast's Premier Club is soon to be Bargain basement Q1 club at their own request, They are also failing to fulfil their McCrea Cup match this Sat as they cannot field a 2nd XV. So, all is good in Ulster Domestic Rugby Mr Logan.

Donaghadee last week struggled to put a first XV out and no supporters or coach at the game
No coach? How did they get there?

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Russ wrote:
TheSnapper wrote:Word on the street is that Belfast's Premier Club is soon to be Bargain basement Q1 club at their own request, They are also failing to fulfil their McCrea Cup match this Sat as they cannot field a 2nd XV. So, all is good in Ulster Domestic Rugby Mr Logan.

through Newtownards probably.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:
Russ wrote:

through Newtownards probably.
In a taxi or jogging ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
drumbo diehard
Novice

Post by drumbo diehard »

Can anyone inform me if any sanctions are taken against AIL teams who find that they cannot field a 2XV, especially the repeat offenders?
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

drumbo diehard wrote:Can anyone inform me if any sanctions are taken against AIL teams who find that they cannot field a 2XV, especially the repeat offenders?

Regulations say an UBL club should have 3 teams, however the IRFU really don't give a fûck and UR won't shît on Belfast premier club, they have plans to rebuild apparently .