Ulster v Glasgow

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster v Glasgow

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Tighter End wrote: No matter who we sign between now and the start of next season, only one signing will truly light a fire in the hearts of Ulster Supporters... RUAN PIENAAR.
Preach Brother Tender. :thumleft:

May the unholy ballix of Nucifu@kinfora be moved to repent his sins, recant his unholy untruth about blocking IQ players, and untie the arms behind the backs of Messers. Kiss, Gibbes & Peel.

For the edification of all, I shall henceforth be referring to Dwayne Peel as Kenjon.

Finally at around this time next week Ulster will up to fourth and a game in hand. Hard to see us getting above the top 3 or at least two of them, but look after business in the next 5 games and we then play all three of them to finish.

Two weeks ago we were looking busted and going downhill. Just a shame that I hadn;t penned my open letter to UR a bit earlier, I accept a portion of blame. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Tighter End wrote: No matter who we sign between now and the start of next season, only one signing will truly light a fire in the hearts of Ulster Supporters... RUAN PIENAAR.

May the unholy ballix of Nucifu@kinfora be moved to repent his sins, recant his unholy untruth about blocking IQ players, and untie the arms behind the backs of Messers. Kiss, Gibbes & Peel.

For the edification of all, I shall henceforth be referring to Dwayne Peel as Kenjon.

Finally at around this time next week Ulster will up to fourth and a game in hand. Hard to see us getting above the top 3 or at least two of them, but look after business in the next 5 games and we then play all three of them to finish.

Two weeks ago we were looking busted and going downhill. Just a shame that I hadn;t penned my open letter to UR a bit earlier, I accept a portion of blame. >EW
There's no way 2 Welsh sides will finish top 4

One of them will likely drop to 6th. So it's between Ulster and Glasgow for 4th spot but I can also see Ospreys dropping down too. They're gash

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:

Do ye
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Russ wrote:Where was McCloskey?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
He was in the Bengal Brasserie on Friday night.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Tighter End wrote:I know, as I didn't attend Grammar School, my opinion counts for less than the value awarded to the steam rising from Nucifecker's shyte, but p sent them a fax, outlining in detail his plans to box kick and even after p had the ball in his paws, he watched the lummix coming at him with malica afore thought. beagle's walnut just doesn't have the ability to adapt to changing situations quickly enough and for my Secondary School educated, self made working class heroe's money, p fcuked up AGAIN and no amount of verbiage will excuse the toss pot's actions.
Big License did a lot of observing.
Cave was heroic and the medics may have saved his career.
Reidy, Henry and Coatzee warmed the cockles and busted jocks all day
Tommy... more like Tommy
Gilroy ... Tiny Dancer
Ruan... Well I was tempted to go the CFC this morning and proclaim him THE SECOND COMING. If such a thing as a God ever existed, it must surely be in the form of RUAN PIENAAR. He did indeed fall of some tackles and not all were after his try, as stated by the Romantic Revisionists on here.
No matter who we sign between now and the start of next season, only one signing will truly light a fire in the hearts of Ulster Supporters... RUAN PIENAAR.
You seem to have found no room in the praise section for Jacob Stockdale.
He's big, powerful, fast, has rugby skills and a brain. Two absolute corkers of tries yesterday, and a great game the week before. Don't see how he can continue to be left out of the starting lineup, especially since he can play FB, wing and centre. That lad has a great future. Hope we can hang on to him.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Ruan's try is the reason people buy season tickets .

Once every so often there is 3 minutes of collective magic that makes weeks of flop ball and badly executed box kicks disappear from the memory .

It must be a contender for try of the season

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

by BaggyTrousers » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:03 am
BR wrote:
BTW - what was the crowd's problem with their try just after that? Loads of booing.

I think some misguided ar-souls though scoring a try when we were down to 14 with a head injury was not cricket. Dullards.
I was down in that corner, I think collectively we were booing the touch judge and referee. GR was frantically signalling the touch judge that Cave had a head injury, but he just ignored it. After 5 or 6 shouts he finally signalled the referee, who played on until play naturally stopped (the try).
Mary had a little lamb . . .
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

fuzzylogic wrote:
by BaggyTrousers » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:03 am
BR wrote:
BTW - what was the crowd's problem with their try just after that? Loads of booing.

I think some misguided ar-souls though scoring a try when we were down to 14 with a head injury was not cricket. Dullards.
I was down in that corner, I think collectively we were booing the touch judge and referee. GR was frantically signalling the touch judge that Cave had a head injury, but he just ignored it. After 5 or 6 shouts he finally signalled the referee, who played on until play naturally stopped (the try).
Fuzzy, I could be wrong, though seldom am, but if a player is off the pitch were he can be treated, then head injury or not it doesn't require the ref to stop the game.

I fully praise GG for saving Darren from his own bravery, but if he'd played the smart game he'd have put Darren on the ground in the field of play and the ref would have been obliged to stop the game. I'm perfectly happy that he did the right thing in every respect, including sportsmanship.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

by BaggyTrousers » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:35 pm

Fuzzy, I could be wrong, though seldom am, but if a player is off the pitch were he can be treated, then head injury or not it doesn't require the ref to stop the game.

I fully praise GG for saving Darren from his own bravery, but if he'd played the smart game he'd have put Darren on the ground in the field of play and the ref would have been obliged to stop the game. I'm perfectly happy that he did the right thing in every respect, including sportsmanship.
My thoughts exactly regarding sitting him down. He was on the pitch until a ruck or two before the try. He actually would have been in the way and the game would have had to be stopped if he lay down where he was when GG got to him.

It was the complete ignorance of the touch judge to the head injury aspect. Cave was on the pitch and could barely stand up without help.

Also... I noticed the touch judges swapped round at half time, I've never paid much attention this before, is it common practice?
Mary had a little lamb . . .
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

fuzzylogic wrote:
by BaggyTrousers » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:35 pm

My thoughts exactly regarding sitting him down. He was on the pitch until a ruck or two before the try. He actually would have been in the way and the game would have had to be stopped if he lay down where he was when GG got to him.

It was the complete ignorance of the touch judge to the head injury aspect. Cave was on the pitch and could barely stand up without help.

Also... I noticed the touch judges swapped round at half time, I've never paid much attention this before, is it common practice?
No, it's not common, Fuzzy. It's invariable! :lol:
Bo***cks to Brexit
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

rocky wrote:
fuzzylogic wrote:Also... I noticed the touch judges swapped round at half time, I've never paid much attention this before, is it common practice?
No, it's not common, Fuzzy. It's invariable! :lol:
So it is common then! >EW

VERY Common!

As common as a common thing that lives on Wimbledon Common ......... (that's not a Womble) :thumleft:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

Amiga500 wrote:
Dave wrote:Sean Reidy played well. He is a great linkman. Ran a great supporting line for that break that eventually got diacked in the corner.
Played very well indeed.

If he could improve his turnover count a bit he'd be a fairly complete 7.
see 7 is what I thought he would be, at least to me he appears to be more of a 7 than a 6. But he has been playing well this season and I think at times playing beyond his ability.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Baggy - my initial reaction, or at least that in reviewing via the big tele (I must admit to occasionally glancing at it, but only once the ref has signalled time-out) and even at home on my more modest tele was he failed to get downward pressure and knocked it on. But looking at it really closely, I could be persuaded that he actually gathers the ball a fraction short of the goal line (his hands can be seen coming up underneath it), before he then 'knocks-on' as he reaches the line.

We're I the TMO, it would probably come down to whether it was the 1st or 2nd question.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BR wrote:Baggy - my initial reaction, or at least that in reviewing via the big tele (I must admit to occasionally glancing at it, but only once the ref has signalled time-out) and even at home on my more modest tele was he failed to get downward pressure and knocked it on. But looking at it really closely, I could be persuaded that he actually gathers the ball a fraction short of the goal line (his hands can be seen coming up underneath it), before he then 'knocks-on' as he reaches the line.

We're I the TMO, it would probably come down to whether it was the 1st or 2nd question.
If the TMO had looked for offside just before the charge down, I suspect what happened at the try-line would have been irrelevant
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
BR wrote:Baggy - my initial reaction, or at least that in reviewing via the big tele (I must admit to occasionally glancing at it, but only once the ref has signalled time-out) and even at home on my more modest tele was he failed to get downward pressure and knocked it on. But looking at it really closely, I could be persuaded that he actually gathers the ball a fraction short of the goal line (his hands can be seen coming up underneath it), before he then 'knocks-on' as he reaches the line.

If the TMO had looked for offside just before the charge down, I suspect what happened at the try-line would have been irrelevant
Aye and if P hadnt have been stupid enough to attempt a telegraphed box kick without a pillar or two in place the TMO wouldn't of had to make a decision :cheers:
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18